Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Do you all play as well? I know a few of you do.
    Nah I play rugby myself! Might take a year away from rugby when I'm at uni and play football though!

ReputationRep:
    SO, Nnamdi has gone to the Eagles always thought he will end up their but way worried he would joined Ryan's Jest. Glad he didn't though, means ill continue to like him and he'll continue to be my favorite Nigerian NFL player .

In other new OMG the eagles are gonna be insane and really should win the NFC no excuse.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    Nah I play rugby myself! Might take a year away from rugby when I'm at uni and play football though!
    Where do you play in rugby?

ReputationRep:
    Where do you play in rugby?
    Prop, but I'm pretty athletic, and not fat. Used to run in the 4x100m team as well :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    Prop, but I'm pretty athletic, and not fat. Used to run in the 4x100m team as well :lol:
    Fair enough

I was similar back in the day but not as fast as you are (unless your 4x100 team is very bad ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    Safe to say nobody saw that coming! The Eagles couldn't be much better poised to win a super bowl; you've gotta think they have the best roster going into the season.
    May have the best roster atm, but they havn't played a single pre-season game yet. Once the injuries start to kick in, then they'll be tested as it's not all about your first string, you need the depth as well.

Admittedly though, that secondary is lethal atm.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving the look of us at the moment! If we can just improve DeSean's contract (he does deserve it) then we'll be all set.

But as Rekyht said its not all about your first string, as Dallas have proven on numerous occasions.

I'm blooming struggling this year to keep up with all the transactions!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough

I was similar back in the day but not as fast as you are (unless your 4x100 team is very bad ).
    Haha we were pretty good

However, I have put on about 1 and a half stone of muscle since those days! Not quite as nippy, but still fast enough
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    Haha we were pretty good

However, I have put on about 1 and a half stone of muscle since those days! Not quite as nippy, but still fast enough
    Haha all good.

I've put on about 7 stone of fat :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I was looking forward to seeing Nnamdi with the Jets. Their whole team clearly believes they are on track for a Super Bowl, that's why they're accepting salary cuts; because they believe they're in a winning team.

I hope Ocho and Haynesworth both actually try at the start of the season, so the Pats start to rely on them, then throw a synchronised tantrum around week 4 and completely throw off Bellicheat's game plan.

Glad the Eagles are looking strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    I'm blooming struggling this year to keep up with all the transactions!
    This, McNabb to Minnesota and Bush to Miami are amongst other trades I didn't even know about until I randomly saw them by chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    This, McNabb to Minnesota and Bush to Miami are amongst other trades I didn't even know about until I randomly saw them by chance
    Haha i've spent all morning on the NFL site and i've still only just found out about the whole Kyle Orton situation.

ReputationRep:
    FA Tracker

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to keep tract with FA, there's so many FA tracker's online. Its the trades that seems to go under radar (well for me anyways)

ReputationRep:
    The ESPN blogs are pretty good for keeping an eye on things.

ReputationRep:
    Why'd the Patriots pick up Ochocinco? He's good and all, but he has the potential to be another Randy Moss. The Patriots proved last year that they don't need bigtime receivers to win. They won all their rings without one.

That being said, I'm a Cowboys fan. We haven't made many moves but I love the coaching changes that they've made. The Eagles got the big Asomugha (spelling) signing so people have them pegged as NFC frontrunners now and certainly frontrunners for the NFC East. Vick isn't exactly consistent, though. That division is open to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)
    Hey, any room for one more in the fantasy league?
    yes! there sure is

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't put you on the list or send you the info just yet

To remind me, send me a private mail with your name, reminding me to put you on the FF list. (I will forget you quoted me here lol)

I will add you to the list on Monday, and send you the relevant info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy McNulty)
    Patriots have had an insane day. Thoughts?
    Agreed.

My face = right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Tinkertrain)
    Why'd the Patriots pick up Ochocinco? He's good and all, but he has the potential to be another Randy Moss. The Patriots proved last year that they don't need bigtime receivers to win. They won all their rings without one.
    The 'Randy Moss situation' worked out brilliantly for us. We only gave up a 4th round pick for him in the 07 draft, and we got 23 td's, 1500 yards and 98 catches.

As for "not needing big time receivers to win", what you mean is deep threat receivers.

2001, 2003, 2004, the Pats may not have had a 'big name/big time' receiver, but we still had a deep threat receiver to scalp a defense.

Ever since we got rid of our deep threat, we have been able to win games systematically (with underneath throws and YAC), but we haven't made a play off run.

Ochocinco makes sense just like Moss did. A disgruntled receiver, with a chip on his shoulder and a boat load of potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Tinkertrain)

That being said, I'm a Cowboys fan. We haven't made many moves but I love the coaching changes that they've made. The Eagles got the big Asomugha (spelling) signing so people have them pegged as NFC frontrunners now and certainly frontrunners for the NFC East. Vick isn't exactly consistent, though. That division is open to me.
    Come on, now, really? "Potential to be another Randy Moss." I think every team in the league would take that. The Patriots with Randy Moss were the most prolific offense the NFL has ever seen. And while they did win all their rings without a so-called "big time receiver", their best offensive year was with Randy Moss. And I know this is going to open up a huge can of worms, but I would say that was the greatest Pats team ever even though they didn't win the Super Bowl. Ochocinco is only going to do wonderful things for that team. I hate Belichick as much as anyone (I've had personal contact with the man, and trust me, he is a ****) but he and Robert Kraft somehow keep getting these wonderful players and doing wonderful things with them. I hate it.

Re-reading this: I sounded kinda hostile. My bad. Didn't mean to sound that way at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.