Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    mine was a B, both english were B in fact
    Cool. Do you know of anyone that entered Oxford with English grade C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intellect212)
    Cool. Do you know of anyone that entered Oxford with English grade C?
    nope, see if anyone here can get lower than 2 Bs in GCSE english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    nope, see if anyone here can get lower than 2 Bs in GCSE english.
    that's so true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intellect212)
    Hey, just wanted to ask this question, has anyone got an offer from Oxford and their English GCSE was a grade C?
    I've got a friend with an offer for Physics who got D in English. I think Oxford know that physicists don't need to know how to spell.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else passing the time by reading incredulous posts by Americans about crazy Oxford traditions? Sub-fusc, I'm looking at you here. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Anyone else passing the time by reading incredulous posts by Americans about crazy Oxford traditions? Sub-fusc, I'm looking at you here. :awesome:
    Where are these posts? They sound like a good read :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Where are these posts? They sound like a good read :p:
    Wasn't anything specific, to be honest: just Google (or search TSR) 'oxford sub fusc', 'merton time ceremony', 'oxford union white tie' and the like.

Incidentally, the Oxford Union's rules (which are longer than the constitutions of several countries), have some real gems.
    RULE 51: DOGS
    Any Member introducing or causing to be introduced a dog into the Society's premises shall be liable to a fine of £5 inflicted by the Treasurer. Any animal leading a blind person shall be deemed to be a cat. Any animal entering on Police business shall be deemed to be a wombat. Any animal that the President wishes to exempt from the Rule shall be deemed to be a mongoose.

ReputationRep:
    4 hours for the results of my final exams... awww
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubie_tymbark)
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubie_tymbark)
    Good luck, hope you meet your offer!

On another note, less than a week left until IB results. Nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cynthialf)
    Good luck, hope you meet your offer!

On another note, less than a week left until IB results. Nervous!
    SO nervous! I'm on holiday when they come out as well! Best of luck! I'll be lucky to get my prediction of 39 let alone your prediction! What are you?! Some kind of machine? Haha. I mean that in the nicest possible way. You must be insanely talented and hard working to be predicted 44-45. But as I said, all the best! I can only dream of that score... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone due to find out results today!!!

You're all fabulous!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, best of luck to all who are waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah16)
    Ah no haven't done that but I think I may read in English after to
    seal my understanding.. What is the lit crit book called again? And Somerville I hope!
    The lit ctheory book I'm reading at the moment is "La notion de la littérature" by Todorov (the language is in modern French - I was looking at a short text when I saw the weird spellings, not a lit crit book)

Currently being discussed: "What is genre?" "Is genre a valid concept?" "From where does it spring?" "Is it still relevant?"

These ideas are too much for my lazy post-exam brain =S
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    So.... did anyone else notice that they've changed the name of the Computing Laboratory to the Department of Computer Science? New website too, although many of the pages seem unchanged. It's not really a big deal, but reducing ambiguity in these matters is always a good thing! I wonder if they'll make a new TSR account to reflect the name change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganeira)
    SO nervous! I'm on holiday when they come out as well! Best of luck! I'll be lucky to get my prediction of 39 let alone your prediction! What are you?! Some kind of machine? Haha. I mean that in the nicest possible way. You must be insanely talented and hard working to be predicted 44-45. But as I said, all the best! I can only dream of that score... :moon:
    Haha don't know about a machine - I feel like my teachers somewhat overpredicted and especially the upper ends of IB points are always so random that I'll feel lucky if I end up meeting my offer...

Being on holiday is probably actually pretty ideal as you'll have something else to think about on the last days which will probably be the worst Best of luck with your results (and enjoy your holiday )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'tStandStill)
    Hi
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, my exams are over this week and my results are given this sunday so I want to send them by e-mail to the admissions office. but I e-mailed the admissions office at my college a week ago asking how i should proceed and everything and I haven't received any answer. I was wondering if anyone knew the procedure since I;m international and my results don't go straight to the college.
    I mailed them in to Merton, and it was perfectly alright. Different colleges may have different procedures though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebsan)
    I mailed them in to Merton, and it was perfectly alright. Different colleges may have different procedures though.
    Hey, are you starting at Merton this October? Are you in the Facebook group? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yup I made it
    In for physics @ magdalen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey, are you starting at Merton this October? Are you in the Facebook group? :awesome:
    I am(Law), and I am(Sebastian).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.