Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Very happy with that choice excited now

ReputationRep:
    I retract my earlier statement, no one could be as terrible as Matt Smith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wild Youth)
    it happened with Martha and with Amy. Its not a problem??
    It's not a huge problem, but I would just prefer it if the actors were just one character.

ReputationRep:
    This is a weird choice. Peter Capaldi played a Torchwood character who died in series 3 (John Frobrisher),and the Torchwood and Doctor Who universes are basically merged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Have you seen him in The Thick of It, completely different from his off screen persona, I think he'll make an excellent doctor and I'm interested to see what he'll bring to the role and what will be unique about his incarnation of the Doctor.
    I have seen a few episodes, and I stick by my original opinion that he has about as much personality as a door handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    I finished series 1-3 last night, funnily enough!
    *salutes* I still haven't seen the fourth series so i'll get that started :awesome:

(Original post by Jarred)
    From The Thick of It:
    Hugh: "Christ Malcolm, how do appear out of nowhere in a building made entirely of glass"
    Malcolm: "I'm a shapeshifter"

THE TRUTH WAS THERE ALL ALONG!
    :rofl: Don't forget the fact he played a W.H.O. Doctor in World War Z!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalios)
    This is a weird choice. Peter Capaldi played a Torchwood character who died in series 3 (John Frobrisher),and the Torchwood and Doctor Who universes are basically merged.
    If you start looking for logic in a kid's sci-fi show you're going to result in problems...

Won't it be slightly odd* to have a companion ~30yrs younger than the doctor?

[*in this day and age, anyway]

ReputationRep:
    I do think, however, that an older Doctor will work well with Clara. She's an older Doctor's companion.

(Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    I remember when everyone said that Daniel Craig would be a **** Bond. I think people should reserve their judgement until the first episode.
    Longer than that, I'd say.

(On a side note, my Dad still thinks Daniel Craig is the worst Bond ever!)

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new Doctor?
    He looks too old to be The Doctor for me...

Wish people would stop going on about his have being in Doctor Who before. It doesn't matter. So had Martha and Amy. Honestly. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I remember when everyone said that Daniel Craig would be a **** Bond. I think people should reserve their judgement until the first episode.
    I remember when everyone said this about David Tennant,
    And then about Matt Smith.

I did already say this was going to happen :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Very first Doctor...

ReputationRep:
    You get this every time. It's been really funny to see, for example, my two sisters were distraught when CE left and said that DT would never be any good. DT then became their favorite and they said MS wouldn't live up to DT but they liked him as well, he didn't become their favourite but still.

(Original post by kalios)
    People can look similar so I see no problem with it to be honest. Have you never seen someone and thought they looked exactly like x and yet have no relation?

ReputationRep:
    Peter Capaldi will make for an excellent Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    *cough*the doctor is ~1000yrs old*cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Won't it be slightly odd* to have a companion ~30yrs younger than the doctor?

[*in this day and age, anyway]
    They're not a couple, so nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Very first Doctor...
    I understand that but that was THE FIRST Doctor, The Doctor even said he wanted to be be smart and important, but, The Doctor is supposed to be fun. Someone who is old enough to be my grandfather isn't fun... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    "He will knock 3 times"

"Peter Ecclestone"

My inner Whovian just screamed in outrage :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    They're not a couple, so nope
    Just wait... there will be groups kicking up a fuss about this.

I understand that but that was THE FIRST Doctor, The Doctor even said he wanted to be be smart and important, but, The Doctor is supposed to be fun. Someone who is old enough to be my grandfather isn't fun... :mad:
    In. Your. Opinion.

Bernard Cribbins, who featured a lot as Donna's granddad, was most certainly fun. And he's in his 80s.

Age isn't important, it's the writing of his character. Let's be honest, Ecclestone wasn't a barrel full of laughs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.