Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Seems like they are just putting most people that applied so far in a group interview. -_-
    Seems like they are just putting most people that applied so far in a group interview. -_-
    would you say thats a good or bad thing? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginger.)
    MFL (German and French)
    oh of course, I remember you talking about that now.
    Anyway, I do hope your reference sorts itself out soon!

I popped in to the school tthat did my reference today and left some chocolates at reception for the head and the teacher that did it. I felt really grateful they did it so quickly for me!
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    would you say thats a good or bad thing? lol
    That would depend on the person. I don't like having group interviews with no chance of an individual one. I only know the interview procedures for one of my choices and they don't have a group interview, thankfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    oh of course, I remember you talking about that now.
    Anyway, I do hope your reference sorts itself out soon!

I popped in to the school tthat did my reference today and left some chocolates at reception for the head and the teacher that did it. I felt really grateful they did it so quickly for me!

That would depend on the person. I don't like having group interviews with no chance of an individual one. I only know the interview procedures for one of my choices and they don't have a group interview, thankfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ae you still volunteering at the school?

ReputationRep:
    Yes one reference down..! Was getting worried I'd used the wrong email for a while..! cannot wait to have it in..! Has anyone applying to uni of Birmingham heard anything..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Okay freaking out!!! Just logged into track and it says ST Marys twickenham is: course full…….

Mine says the same. Maybe it says that until they close the course and then go through the offers?

Saying that, Reading have actually given me an interview via email and there's nothing about it on Track haha!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who has already passed the skills tests able to answer this for me?

When it asks for your qts registration number on the application - how do you put it in?

As you have one for the maths and a different one for the english - yet it only lets you type in one of them.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to change one of my choices before my references have been added do I have to resend a reference request? Or does everything just stay the same? I'm nervous about changing something and then having to resend everything!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of interview processes for pgces have group interviews. One of mine had one, a teaching task and an individual interview. But it didn't tell you about the individual one until you got there,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    If I were to change one of my choices before my references have been added do I have to resend a reference request? Or does everything just stay the same? I'm nervous about changing something and then having to resend everything!
    No it's fine you can change it now, that's what I did and I didn't need to resend my reference requests

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!
    Congrats, I didn't realise they would be interviewing so soon! Is that for primary? Does it give you any info on the layout for the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Congrats, I didn't realise they would be interviewing so soon! Is that for primary? Does it give you any info on the layout for the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend has a primary pgce interview at Southampton next week, shows how quickly / early interviews are this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy1234567)
    Anybody who has already passed the skills tests able to answer this for me?

When it asks for your qts registration number on the application - how do you put it in?

As you have one for the maths and a different one for the english - yet it only lets you type in one of them.
    Do you mean the number you need for the actual TT application form? If you have booked your skills tests you should have a number that begins with TA...that's the one to use.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ae you still volunteering at the school?
    No I'm not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callie_)
    I applied for Chichester! and Brighton, and Southampton. (: and haven't heard from chi or brighton!
    My application only went in yesterday to Sussex, Chi and Brighton! Were Southampton fast in getting back to you then? Hope you had a positive reply!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful!
    Any advice please?? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    My application only went in yesterday to Sussex, Chi and Brighton! Were Southampton fast in getting back to you then? Hope you had a positive reply!
    Thanks! Yeah I have an interview for Southampton next week I sent it off Friday so it seems so quick haha. Are you applying for primary or secondary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callie_)
    Thanks! Yeah I have an interview for Southampton next week I sent it off Friday so it seems so quick haha. Are you applying for primary or secondary?
    Well done and best of luck for next week! I'm applying for primary - what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    Well done and best of luck for next week! I'm applying for primary - what about you?
    Thank you so much! (: And primary as well! fingers crossed for us both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceindia)
    Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful!
    Any advice please?? Xx
    To be honest I'd email her again, explaining that from next Thursday some courses may close. The next few weeks is a broad amount of time, but if she really does take three weeks to do it it would have added up to nearly a month! So yeah I'd politely say something just reminding her that courses may close next week so the latest you want to get it sent it next Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.