This discussion is closed.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MK27)
Even 2009/10????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah the hater will tell you that GOAT frontline of Bynum, Pau and Odom carried him. NBA never seen a bigger frontline ever.

/sarcasm.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wat a wizard)
Lmao I was like.lmao

AI stayed true to his team, just like kobe barkley Duncan...
barkley? :laugh:
MK27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 419)
Nah the hater will tell you that GOAT frontline of Bynum, Pau and Odom carried him. NBA never seen a bigger frontline ever.

/sarcasm.
Lebron has a much better supporting cast and probably won't 3peat this season

Wade+Bosh+Allen>Odom+Bynum+Pau

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wade-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lmao I was like.lmao

AI stayed true to his team, just like kobe barkley Duncan...
Barkley? You mean the guy who was drafted by Philly went to Phoenix then Houston?

Kobe and Duncan are different cases, Duncan was drafted to a team with Robinson then got Parker and Ginobli and has always had pop. Kobe had Shaq, Phil and the draw of the Lakers. What did LeBron have in Cleveland? Mo Williams and a guy who was banging his mum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
S-man10
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MK27)
Lebron has a much better supporting cast and probably won't 3peat this season

Wade+Bosh+Allen>Odom+Bynum+Pau

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a good supporting cast this season. Bosh has been okay, but wades health is a onging thing plus allen is 38 now!
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Damn, I actually have the time to watch Basketball tonight and BT Sport aren't showing anything. What's the point of putting on College Basketball. Clippers v Rockets tonight as well, would have been a good watch
wat a wizard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Damn, I actually have the time to watch Basketball tonight and BT Sport aren't showing anything. What's the point of putting on College Basketball. Clippers v Rockets tonight as well, would have been a good watch
Live stream
MK27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Live stream
You already know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Come on Gators knock out Dayton.
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wonder if the 76ers can actually hold on to this 13 point lead of they're just gonna go for losing 30+ in a row
IDukem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been watching prime CWebb games recently and he's probably one of my favourite big men of all time. If the officiating in game 6 of 2002 WCF weren't questionable and he never got injured against Dallas in 2003, his legacy could be so different aka potential 2x NBA champion and 2x FMVP. People might not classify him as a big time "choke artist".
S-man10
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IDukem)
I've been watching prime CWebb games recently and he's probably one of my favourite big men of all time. If the officiating in game 6 of 2002 WCF weren't questionable and he never got injured against Dallas in 2003, his legacy could be so different aka potential 2x NBA champion and 2x FMVP. People might not classify him as a big time "choke artist".
Chris Webber made that Sacramento team. If they had won, they would probably gone down as one of the best teams in NBA history.

The Lakers were heavily favoured by some really really bad officiating though.
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Chris Webber made that Sacramento team. If they had won, they would probably gone down as one of the best teams in NBA history.

The Lakers were heavily favoured by some really really bad officiating though.
For sure! I believe they're in the top 3 best teams to have never won a championship. Webber would be in the same breath as Duncan if he had won the 2002 and 2003 championships and an outside shot of top 15 of all time.

The series was hit and miss on an officiating front from the get-go for both teams until game 6 where it was very poor officiating for the Lakers. I don't believe it was fixed to get the Lakers to the final, but I believe it was fixed to get a game 7 because it was already one of the most exciting conference finals in NBA history and thus meant an opportunity to generate more money knowing to well that the East was poor that year.

2003 on the other hand was different. The Lakers were fading, the Spurs had an out of prime DRob and a young squad but a prime Duncan, the Timberwolves were still struggling and the Mavs were pretty good that year I believe. The Kings took the Mavs to 7 games with only CWebb being there for a game and half or so. Plus the East sucked once again and so I have no reason to believe that if CWebb never got injured, the King would have beaten the Nets in the final and win either their first or second NBA championship.
S-man10
Report 4 years ago
For sure! I believe they're in the top 3 best teams to have never won a championship. Webber would be in the same breath as Duncan if he had won the 2002 and 2003 championships and an outside shot of top 15 of all time.

The series was hit and miss on an officiating front from the get-go for both teams until game 6 where it was very poor officiating for the Lakers. I don't believe it was fixed to get the Lakers to the final, but I believe it was fixed to get a game 7 because it was already one of the most exciting conference finals in NBA history and thus meant an opportunity to generate more money knowing to well that the East was poor that year.

2003 on the other hand was different. The Lakers were fading, the Spurs had an out of prime DRob and a young squad but a prime Duncan, the Timberwolves were still struggling and the Mavs were pretty good that year I believe. The Kings took the Mavs to 7 games with only CWebb being there for a game and half or so. Plus the East sucked once again and so I have no reason to believe that if CWebb never got injured, the King would have beaten the Nets in the final and win either their first or second NBA championship.
The Kings would have easily, in fact very easily beaten the nets in 4. Mike bibby was an all star then I believe and they were amazing. It is such a pity though.

A prime duncan and a prime Webber would have been amazing to watch. Had Webber been healthy in 2003, I think they would have won.
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Kings would have easily, in fact very easily beaten the nets in 4. Mike bibby was an all star then I believe and they were amazing. It is such a pity though.

A prime duncan and a prime Webber would have been amazing to watch. Had Webber been healthy in 2003, I think they would have won.
Both years I think the Kings would have swept the Nets in the finals. He wasn't all star (I don't think he ever was one), but he was very clutch for the Kings and kept the Kings in many series during the play-offs in his whole time there. It is a pity, they were great team.

There is one video that sees this match-up, although it's regular season and you might have watched it before.

I agree, I think Duncan would have gotten his, but his support wasn't as good as Webber's that year.
S-man10
Report 4 years ago
Both years I think the Kings would have swept the Nets in the finals. He wasn't all star (I don't think he ever was one), but he was very clutch for the Kings and kept the Kings in many series during the play-offs in his whole time there. It is a pity, they were great team.

There is one video that sees this match-up, although it's regular season and you might have watched it before.

I agree, I think Duncan would have gotten his, but his support wasn't as good as Webber's that year.
Oh yeah, mike bibby wasn't an all star but all star calibre player. At that time, it was hard for guards. Duncan had Pop and has always had pop. Pop is the miracle worker tbh. So I always ask would TD be the greatest PF of all time would it not be for Popovich?
Badman1231
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Name:  lebron21.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  35.5 KBAll Hail The King
IDukem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh yeah, mike bibby wasn't an all star but all star calibre player. At that time, it was hard for guards. Duncan had Pop and has always had pop. Pop is the miracle worker tbh. So I always ask would TD be the greatest PF of all time would it not be for Popovich?
I get what you mean, although his early Sac-Town career wasn't all star by numbers, he was an 'all star' for his clutchness. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings retired his number one day. Good question, you could ask that about Michael Jordan too though with Phil as it it took Phil to make MJ to realise that he needed to trust his teammates more to win championships.

Just imagine if Webber had a Pop or heck even Phil! Webber would have been so good in the triangle with his passing ability.
S-man10
Report 4 years ago
I get what you mean, although his early Sac-Town career wasn't all star by numbers, he was an 'all star' for his clutchness. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings retired his number one day. Good question, you could ask that about Michael Jordan too though with Phil as it it took Phil to make MJ to realise that he needed to trust his teammates more to win championships.

Just imagine if Webber had a Pop or heck even Phil! Webber would have been so good in the triangle with his passing ability.
That is only partly true for Jordan because he was already averaging GOAT numbers before him although he did define himself by championships too. Phil did play a part thats for sure. I wonder if anyone will say that about LBj and Spo ;laugh:

The argument you could use here is Kobe and Phil because that makes much more sense.

Webb could have join Duncan :laugh:
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone that refers to CWebb as a choke artist need to be knocked out.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.65%
No (607)
72.35%

Watched Threads