Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    Well I will be giving it a miss . I would say around 1500-2000 should turn up. Right well we have been coming around well in the league but I would 1-0 to Chesterfield.

Hope Chesterfield have employed different stewards for the away end last time they were too harsh. Did you hear about that incident ?
    Yeah - an isolated incident I guess. You get the odd idiotic steward at most grounds, although I guess that it was more than one that was heavy handed, and perhaps a few Bantams didn't help. Anyway, I'm going 2-1 Chesterfield - I'm hoping today's FA Cup debacle hasn't weakened team morale.

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the cups 2 weeks before Christmas, congrats Pressley.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Out of all the cups 2 weeks before Christmas, congrats Pressley.
    Bristol City away was always going to be a defeat to be fair. Heard you should have had a penalty, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bristol City away was always going to be a defeat to be fair. Heard you should have had a penalty, though.
    By all accounts Bristol were ****e and we were in control before gifting 2 goals away. So many soft goals conceded this season and last night no exception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm a massive Barnet supporter too. I refuse to buy Fifa until they get back into the Football League, though it's looking likely this season, as it's more fun playing as a League 2 team.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm a massive Barnet supporter too. I refuse to buy Fifa until they get back into the Football League, though it's looking likely this season, as it's more fun playing as a League 2 team.
    There's another Barnet fan around here somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Are you from Barnet or Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Are you from Barnet or Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm from North London, and my dad lives in Barnet, but I don't actually live in Barnet. I'm closer to Tottenham in terms of distance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from North London, and my dad lives in Barnet, but I don't actually live in Barnet. I'm closer to Tottenham in terms of distance.
    So how did the Liverpool connection come about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    So how did the Liverpool connection come about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My Dad's uncle was a Liverpool fan (for whatever reason) and he convinced my Dad as a kid to switch from West Ham to Liverpool (this was in the 70's, so it wasn't too hard to convince my Dad) and then I was brought up as a Liverpool fan all my life.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad's uncle was a Liverpool fan (for whatever reason) and he convinced my Dad as a kid to switch from West Ham to Liverpool (this was in the 70's, so it wasn't too hard to convince my Dad) and then I was brought up as a Liverpool fan all my life.
    Glory hunting passed down from generation to generation, a very special thing.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Glory hunting passed down from generation to generation, a very special thing.
    Hardly glory hunting mate. I've been a Liverpool fan all my life. I sat and cried during the 2005 Champions League Final (mind you, I was 8). We've hardly been glorious in my life time, so how I'm a glory hunter, I do not know.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly glory hunting mate. I've been a Liverpool fan all my life. I sat and cried during the 2005 Champions League Final (mind you, I was 8). We've hardly been glorious in my life time, so how I'm a glory hunter, I do not know.
    Glory hunter or not, you can't say Liverpool have hardly been glorious in your lifetime. When was the last time they weren't in a decent position in the premiership?

Try 15 years of decline in the lower leagues :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Glory hunter or not, you can't say Liverpool have hardly been glorious in your lifetime. When was the last time they weren't in a decent position in the premiership?

Try 15 years of decline in the lower leagues :lol:
    Okay, fair enough. But in my lifetime, Liverpool have been a shadow of what we were. If I were a glory hunter, I'd be a Chelsea fan, or Manchester City.

People can support whoever the **** they want. Welcome to the thread as a Barnet supporter, even though you're the lesser Bees. I don't care that you also support Liverpool as this is the football league thread but I don't resent you for doing so.

I'm glad to see Barnet top of the Conference, I've always had a soft spot for them due to my Grandad being from around there and a few good Brentford youth games at Underhill.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    People can support whoever the **** they want. Welcome to the thread as a Barnet supporter, even though you're the lesser Bees. I don't care that you also support Liverpool as this is the football league thread but I don't resent you for doing so.

I'm glad to see Barnet top of the Conference, I've always had a soft spot for them due to my Grandad being from around there and a few good Brentford youth games at Underhill.
    Thanks man.

We may be the lower places bees, but we're not the lesser!

Thanks man.

We may be the lower places bees, but we're not the lesser!
    You keep telling yourself that

ReputationRep:
    Watford this week complete their second stand renaming in as many home games. Good to see the Pozzos embrace the club's culture with the Graham Taylor and the Sir Elton John stand. I imagine 20 or so years down the line we could see a Gino Pozzo stand or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    If you stay where you are and go up this season then huge credit to Barnet for returning to the FL within two seasons... something many of us only dream of achieving. Currently our seventh season and counting as it certainly won't be this season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I must mention I went to watch Lincoln City the other night against Nuneaton which Lincoln won 3-1. Have to say Nuneaton were truly awful, one goal they let in was the defender headed it back to the keeper a bit too soft but the keeper would have made it if he hadn't have fallen over and the striker couldn't believe his luck, then that same defender got sent off few minutes later for wiping out the same striker through on goal, 16 Nuneaton fans made it that night and when they got a corner near the end they cheered like they had scored a goal.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.