Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Playing devils advocate here. Is the land not really better off in the hands of an ally, a democracy and a wealthy, powerful nation as opposed to a poor Islamic state who would no doubt geg caught up in the Sunni-Shia conflict.
    Said every invading force ever.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Chindits)
    The difference is that on the 'palestinain' side, "death to Jews" is on their TV's, on children's shows and through every media.
    Whereas in Israel, it's taught from a young age into every home that Israelis are superior to Palestinians and should only ever kill/hurt them.

ReputationRep:
    I stand with Israel, always. All countries have the right to self-defence. All civilian deaths are the fault of Hamas. Middle Eastern nations - just accept Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by #Ridwan)
    The point I was trying to make is that you can't put forward the views of an extreme minority as an argument that the entire group is evil.

I don't label all Palestinians as scumbags because a few of them have extreme views. So nor should pro-Palestinians label all pro-Israelis as scumbags just because a few of them revel in the deaths of Palestinian children.

Whataboutery is a weak argument but that's not what I'm doing. I believe that Hamas are the bad guys here because they are the ones using human shields and leading their own people to their deaths. That is not as bad as anything Israel are doing. I'm not saying Israel are faultless, but human shields are way beyond anything Israel has done.

Hamas is not forcing Israel to use aggression and disproportionate force, Israel chose to bomb refugee camps using F16's as well as destroy hospitals. Fully aware that civilian casualties are most likely to occur from bombing places where civilians have taken refuge, it still chose to bomb those places. Without presenting proof that a vast majority of the places attacked have been used by Hamas, the onus is on the Israel. Show us clear evidence.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28468526

Horrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Ridwan)
    There are questionable actions on both sides of the conflict but many of them are justifiable although controversial. But the one act by either side that absolutely cannot be excused is Hamas's use of its own people as human shields.

Even time you bring up human shields the pro-Palestinians will either ignore you, or respond with an irrelvant generic comment like "Israel is an apartheid state", "Israel is committing genocide", or "Israel is occupying Gaza".

Has it never occurred to the pro-Palestinians why the current conflict only involves Gaza and not the West Bank? It's because the West Bank isn't run by anti-Semitic extremists who have no aims other than to hate and destroy those the don't like. After all, surely if Israel hated all Palestinians and wanted to commit genocide against them, they'd be going to war with all of Palestine, no?

Issues that actually matter to the people of Gaza, such as, erm, not being used as human shields, or not being forced to flee their homes, don't seem to matter to Hamas. All they are interested in is getting as many Western bleeding-heart liberals on their side as possible.
    It's more like Zionists are spouting out generic 'human shield herp derp' rubbish.

4 children got killed playing on the beach? Oh they must have been human shields
    Another UN school got bombed? Oh they must have been human shields
    77% of the 600+ people killed were civillians? Oh they must have been human shields

In fact, there's been quite a few reports and videos all over the internet that Israel itself use human shields.

Do you think the West Bank is some sort of haven for Palestinians? Don't forget that Palestinians are treated as sub human there. What with the kidnappings by IDF, illegal settlements and land-grabbing, restriction of movements with checkpoints etc.etc. The list goes on.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    Whereas in Israel, it's taught from a young age into every home that Israelis are superior to Palestinians and should only ever kill/hurt them.
    Sure. I'm sure that's the belief in amongst Guardian reading circles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)

Can I see your source for "HAMAS using human shields"?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs2ExAsIIAEdYjM.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs2KpjBIIAA8-XS.jpg

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...uicide_attacks

ReputationRep:
    We know that UN-run schools have been targeted as command posts for Hamas.

Even the UN admitted to finding two separate caches of rockets in two of their schools.

They handed the rockets back to Hamas, which was nice of them.

Hamas is deliberately using UN-run schools to fire from, hoping for return fire as a propaganda coup.

Nothing worse than hitting a UN-run school, hence Hamas use those.

They did the same in 2009. There's a video of them shooting from the playground/

ReputationRep:
    This is from 2009.

Hamas firing rockets from the UN-run school.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Israel shells a UN ran school that was a shelter, and you still defend them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    No it's actually the belief of most of the world.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    So Israel has done nothing at all for the Palestinians to react in such a way?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's your opinions on the huge increase of Israelis glorifying the death of Palestinians on social media?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)

I have nothing to say to vile animals like you.
    You must have missed the part where the schools had rockets in them and the ground were used to fire at Israel.

Who is the animal that ignores that? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for that Bill Clinton Quote. Doesn't really mean anything. Bill Clinton made a lot of really stupid quotes.

I wouldn't trust MEMRI as far as I could throw them.

How is that related to "using human shields"?

If you still insist that they, HAMAS, use "human shields", provide some evidence please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    What's your opinions on the huge increase of Israelis glorifying the death of Palestinians on social media?
    Huge? have you been keeping statistical data?

We all know social media produces nutcases

What's your views on the resurgence of Hitler's popularity amongst Muslims?

He was always an ally and hero to 'palestinians' of course
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    This is from 2009.

Hamas firing rockets from the UN-run school.

Displaying one video from five years ago does not explain nor justify the current bombing of Palestinians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)

I have nothing to say to vile animals like you.
    Hamas hides weapons in a UN ran school that was a shelter, knowing that the IDF have technology that identify and target buildings that hide weaponry, and you still defend them?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.