Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my results chuffed with them! Except a little shocked about one of them.

Higher Accounting: A
    Higher Business Management: A
    Higher English: A
    Higher Maths: A
    Higher Physics: C

Pretty gutted for the Physics, I found the paper to be monstrously hard but I expected a B. I got an A in the prelim. Does anyone know if I can appeal it and the chances of that going well?
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ThatGuyWhoWrites)
    Got my results chuffed with them! Except a little shocked about one of them.

Higher Accounting: A
    Higher Business Management: A
    Higher English: A
    Higher Maths: A

Pretty gutted for the Physics, I found the paper to be monstrously hard but I expected a B. I got an A in the prelim. Does anyone know if I can appeal it and the changes of that going well?
    Afraid you can't appeal your grade - this system has been scrapped this year, and has been replaced by the results service! Hopefully that thread should answer all your questions.

I wouldn't worry about the C, mate. The 4 As are fantastic results and the C isn't going to come back and bite you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, good luck with speaking to the uni, and I wish you the best with whatever happens :console:
    I just checked track and it says unconditional offer???? Is this a mistake??? It says I have a place and have been accepted, please say this isn't a mistake????
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by shaunaralphxxxx)
    I just checked track and it says unconditional offer???? Is this a mistake??? It says I have a place and have been accepted, please say this isn't a mistake????
    If it says unconditional, then there's no mistake! You're in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'm pretty sure I spelt Maths, cause it's clearly better than medicine

I've just finished my first year at Nottingham, so yeah, it's a great subject!
    Are you a Scottish student who went to Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who got their results, finally the wait is over! :bunny:

Got my results:
    Higher Chemistry: A
    Higher Biology: A
    Higher Geography: A
    Higher Maths: B

Really disappointed with physics :cry2:
    So i wanted to apply into medicine but with my results im not sure where to go from now. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    When does Scottish adjustment open?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by DylanJ96)
    Are you a Scottish student who went to Nottingham?
    I'm not, I'm Canadian who went through A levels to get in, I'm just here to help out with today but Hype seems to be doing a fantastic job anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I've met my conditions but still haven't recieved an email from ucas saying I'm in or my status has changed?? So worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Higher History: A
    Higher Media: B
    Higher English: C
    Int 2 Biology: B
    Int 2 Maths: C

That's my chances to get into aberdeen gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotland101)
    When does Scottish adjustment open?
    Adjustment opens on 14th August, after English students get their results too.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Rachel_xox)
    Well done to everyone who got their results, finally the wait is over! :bunny:

Got my results:
    Higher Chemistry: A
    Higher Biology: A
    Higher Geography: A
    Higher Maths: B

Really disappointed with physics :cry2:
    So i wanted to apply into medicine but with my results im not sure where to go from now. Any advice?
    Your results won't be good enough to apply straight off for medicine I'm afraid

If you still really want to do medicine, don't stress though as it is still possible. You have two main options from here - either you can apply for an undergraduate degree in a different subject and then apply for graduate entry medicine on completion of your first degree or you can apply for an access course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    Adjustment opens on 14th August, after English students get their results too.
    Aww noooo i'll be on holiday then haha

ReputationRep:
    Why were appeals scrapped? Stupid SQA.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by weejackie10)
    I've met my conditions but still haven't recieved an email from ucas saying I'm in or my status has changed?? So worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing to worry about :nah: You're in if you met your conditions, they sometimes take a bit of a delay to update it

Congrats!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by weejackie10)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you've met your conditions then you should be in, just phone up your university to see what's going on, but it should update soon. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade boundaries released yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Your results won't be good enough to apply straight off for medicine I'm afraid

If you still really want to do medicine, don't stress though as it is still possible. You have two main options from here - either you can apply for an undergraduate degree in a different subject and then apply for graduate entry medicine on completion of your first degree or you can apply for an access course.
    I was afraid of that I'll look into the access course and hopefully work something out.
    Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia2906)
    Are the grade boundaries released yet?
    Yup! They're on the SQA website.

ReputationRep:
    The post has arrived...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.