Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    I'll have to wait until after mocks for my actual predictions but generally all my teachers expect at least an A, I did core science GCSE and I got an A for that. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Predicted all A's and A*'s, achieved an A* already in health and social care. Except predicted a B in maths however I've knuckled down and my teacher says he's confident I'll get an A if I put the effort in although I definitely struggle with maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have been finding school so stressful recently I'm doing fine but I'm a hopeless perfectionist and I keep worrying that it's not good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just signed up to read my own stuff in the school poetry recital - excited but nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I've just signed up to read my own stuff in the school poetry recital - excited but nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Predicted all A's and A*'s, achieved an A* already in health and social care. Except predicted a B in maths however I've knuckled down and my teacher says he's confident I'll get an A if I put the effort in although I definitely struggle with maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! With maths the more you practise, the better you'll do. I was always good at maths but for some reason I couldn't pull my grade higher than a C in year 10 even though I was top set and understood it, but then I started practising questions and exam technique and managed to get an A* at the end of they year, now I just have to try and maintain it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here done the AQA additional physics isa yet or knows what it's about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the school got a new head teacher so i assume they didn't like the new management, and I doubt it's going to get better so I'm going elsewhere for sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school is exactly the same. They brought in a new head teacher in September 2013 and since then every single one of my teachers has left :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else hate when teachers share a class between them, and it seems like they don't communicate because they never seem to know what the other has or hasn't taught?

I just feel like the little important thugs get missed because of it.

Edit: *Things, not thugs. They can miss out the thugs.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Quintessentially)
    Does anybody else hate when teachers share a class between them, and it seems like they don't communicate because they never seem to know what the other has or hasn't taught?

Same.
    I have it happen for like three subjects. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quintessentially)

In Physics we get taught by two teachers because our actual teacher is away but they cover one topic from the syllabus each so there isn't an overlap. Why don't you ask your teachers to do that? It's so much more easier - albeit annoying because one lesson you're learning about the motor effect and the next, learning about radioactive decay....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    I have been finding school so stressful recently I'm doing fine but I'm a hopeless perfectionist and I keep worrying that it's not good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's better to be a perfectionist and worry about being bad and work hard than to be lazy, think you're amazing and then not work because of it...

If you're trying, then it's probably better than you think - dw about it. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I have a listening exam and the rest is practical - I can't remember the weightings but it's heavily in favour of practical, understandably. I'm on Edexcel. Theory makes the listening so much easier though
    That sounds alright. Have you done any of the practical yet?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! With maths the more you practise, the better you'll do. I was always good at maths but for some reason I couldn't pull my grade higher than a C in year 10 even though I was top set and understood it, but then I started practising questions and exam technique and managed to get an A* at the end of they year, now I just have to try and maintain it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou!& wow well done! I'm defiantly going to start doing past papers soon! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    yh you have 'art mocks' which actually count towards your final grade, as it is placed in your coursework book...
    oh the joys of artistic studies
    ahh I do art too! I don't know when mocks are though. My theme for coursework this year is micro and macro (last year it was flora and fauna) and I'm making a sculpture

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with my french CA please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desingu)
    Can someone help me with my french CA please?
    What are you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Thankyou!& wow well done! I'm defiantly going to start doing past papers soon! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunday_morning)
    That sounds alright. Have you done any of the practical yet?
    I'm doing my unit 2 composition this term but apart from that I haven't done anything else. Practical is in April and unit 4 composition in the spring term.

Oh and I'm on AQA, I got mixed up :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    So tomorrow I'm staying in school until 8:30pm to help the drama department with a show. I'm doing the lights and I haven't even been given a script :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    So tomorrow I'm staying in school until 8:30pm to help the drama department with a show. I'm doing the lights and I haven't even been given a script :eek:
    Oh dear good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.