Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Walaikum Salam.
    Why yes both Mufti Menk and Tim Humble responded to me he he.
    Well first I made istikhara lol, then checked out these links and sent an email: http://www.muftimenk.com/contact/
    http://muhammadtim.com/contact

Please read Tim's demands carefully or he won't respond lol.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Thank you!
    Hello anka. You haven't been very active lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positron.)
    Hello anka. You haven't been very active lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably cuz I'm on a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    To be free

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing as a muslim, and more importantly as a human, against cancer?

It's one of humanities biggest enemies, claiming the lives of many. Chances are you will have someone in your family with cancer, or suffer from it yourself, and it's often sudden and you only detect it when it's in it's later stages(unless you go to the doctors before when noticing odd things), and it can happen at any time.

Today, one in two people survive cancer - but that's depending on the cancer, and due to research.

What i would like to state is the following:

What are we, as a muslims, doing to fight cancer? What events are we holding, what are we contributing to society?

You might think you have little to donate, but what about your time and voice? If you're shy, why not spread awareness about cancer online?

Please don't be overly reliant on 'dua'. I have never seen a man without limbs regrow them after praying - science has helped us deveop prosthetic limbs. Dua PLUS actual work i what is needed.

Now, if you don't have money, and if you don't really want to raise awareness, then you, as an ordinary member of the public, can help with locating cancer on onlineslides. This is a legitimate project by cancer research.

Research is killing cancer, but we need your help!Become a science hero and stand alongside Cancer Research UK and Zooniverse in our fight against cancer. Cell Slider visualises pathological data and lets you target cancer cells in exactly the same way our scientists would. Anyone can be part of the fight, and every image analysed makes a real difference!
    One day we will beat cancer. By taking part in Cell Slider, you’re helping us to make it sooner.

http://www.cellslider.net/#/

ReputationRep:
    If only those who quoted the Quran out of context could also do the debate about violence in Islam justice, by taking a more academic and rational approach by using the whole Quran, rather than verses taken out of context to suit their agendas.

Quran: "Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice."

ReputationRep:
    I h8 helel
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    AsaalamuAlaykum

It's been long since I've come on here

How are you all?

ReputationRep:
    Nabi SAW said, "Sometimes I perceive a veil over my heart, and I supplicate Allah for forgiveness a hundred times in a day." (Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Nabi SAW said, "Sometimes I perceive a veil over my heart, and I supplicate Allah for forgiveness a hundred times in a day." (Muslim)
    Good reminder to humble ourselves. Imagine if a Prophet has to keep asking for forgiveness then we should ask for a lot more wow.

ReputationRep:
    وَإِنِّي كُلَّمَا دَعَوْتُهُمْ لِتَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ جَعَلُوا أَصَابِعَهُمْ فِي آذَانِهِمْ وَاسْتَغْشَوْا ثِيَابَهُمْ وَأَصَرُّوا وَاسْتَكْبَرُوا اسْتِكْبَارًا

And indeed, every time I invited them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their garments, persisted, and were arrogant with [great] arrogance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ... the earth of Allah is spacious. Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account. (39:10)

ReputationRep:
    The greatest thing a believer can do which Iblis did not is Sujood. Try it often, there is immense peace in submitting humbly to Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Peace and blessings of Allah to all!
    I was having a chat with an Atheist friend recently...he was asking why we say Allahu-Akbar, SubhanAllah etc...he found it quite amusing actually lol. Some people actually get intimidated if we shout it in public! :eek:

In my reply to his question, I said that i'm no expert, but from my understanding, it's how we make Zikhr of Allah; ''All praise be to Allah'' 33 times etc; as a reminder to ourselves that Praise is due to the Creator, to the Sustainer. Praise is not beneficial to us as it inflates our egos, leading to all sorts of problems with modesty and so on. I went on to say that we are rewarded in this life and the next with blessings, also explaining how it is beneficial to always remember Allah.

Is this the right thing to say? Did I miss anything important :/
    "Whoever declares the glory of Allah and His praise will have a palm tree planted for him in Paradise"
    Hadith narrated in Tirmidhi

ReputationRep:
    Nabi SAW said "The best of deeds is the observance of prayer at its proper time and kindness to parents." (Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    Abu Hurayra reported that a man passed by the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while hew as in an assembly and said, "Peace be upon you." "Ten good deeds," he said. Another man passed by and said, "Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah." The Prophet said, "Twenty good deeds." Then yet another man passed by and said, "Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessing," and the Prophet said, "Thirty good deeds." Then a man in the gathering got up and did not give the greeting. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "How quickly your companion forgets! When one of you comes to an assembly, he should give the greeting. If he thinks he should sit down, he sits down. When he stands up, he gives the greeting. Neither is a greater duty than the other."

Al-adab Al-Mufrad - Authentic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Abu Hurayra reported that a man passed by the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while hew as in an assembly and said, "Peace be upon you." "Ten good deeds," he said. Another man passed by and said, "Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah." The Prophet said, "Twenty good deeds." Then yet another man passed by and said, "Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessing," and the Prophet said, "Thirty good deeds." Then a man in the gathering got up and did not give the greeting. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "How quickly your companion forgets! When one of you comes to an assembly, he should give the greeting. If he thinks he should sit down, he sits down. When he stands up, he gives the greeting. Neither is a greater duty than the other."

Al-adab Al-Mufrad - Authentic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you explain this a litttle bit?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/b...meback-5036991

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one seeing everyone's name differently or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Could you explain this a litttle bit?
    I study that book... I can ask my teacher what it means if thatmuslimguy can quote the hadith number

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.