Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    :console: Do you have many friends atm, just wondering? I don't but I'm hoping volunteering will help me increase my social circle :daydreaming: Had my first experience on Saturday which was very nice
    Nope my two female besties, my soon to be male bestie and Mr has me lovestruck. I have gone from having a fairly big social circle in my teens to just having my tiny circle, I just want a few more geniune people around me having gone through a few phony friendships .

I need to do something in the time before I go to college, I want to volunteer but with the homeless, I have tried a few times with no reply . I may try other avenues though. As even if I dont make any new friends I will be doing something positive and not wasting my time.

That reminds me I have to write my reply to my 92 year old pen pal. I meet her at hospital bless her, she still has all her own teeth that impresses me lol. Maybe I should see if I could volunteeer with the elderly as I love hearing there stories.

Wibbly wobbly:dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    Nope my two female besties, my soon to be male bestie and Mr has me lovestruck. I have gone from having a fairly big social circle in my teens to just having my tiny circle, I just want a few more geniune people around me having gone through a few phony friendships .

I need to do something in the time before I go to college, I want to volunteer but with the homeless, I have tried a few times with no reply . I may try other avenues though. As even if I dont make any new friends I will be doing something positive and not wasting my time.

That reminds me I have to write my reply to my 92 year old pen pal. I meet her at hospital bless her, she still has all her own teeth that impresses me lol. Maybe I should see if I could volunteeer with the elderly as I love hearing there stories.
    That's unfortunate, you seem like a lovely person so I'd definitely at least be friends if I knew you in real life aha

Yeah volunteering would be good for ya, don't give up & hopefully you'll get somewhere. Oh, that's sweet, I'd say go for it if working with the elderly really interests you Also how old are you may I ask, 22?

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    Wibbly wobbly:dong:
    Ah that's a shame, I do hope your situation improves :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    That's unfortunate, you seem like a lovely person so I'd definitely at least be friends if I knew you in real life aha

Yeah volunteering would be good for ya, don't give up & hopefully you'll get somewhere. Oh, that's sweet, I'd say go for it if working with the elderly really interests you Also how old are you may I ask, 22?

Ah that's a shame, I do hope your situation improves :hugs:
    , I am told I am a lovely girl and nice to be around but friendship is a two way street, I always try . Awww thank you and the same you seem like a nice guy.

I am going to have a look online for charities and roles in Birmingham. Hopefully fingers crossed . I have always liked old people some of them are really small and cute bless them. Nope 21 going to be 22 in 3 months and some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    , I am told I am a lovely girl and nice to be around but friendship is a two way street, I always try . Awww thank you and the same you seem like a nice guy.

I am going to have a look online for charities and roles in Birmingham. Hopefully fingers crossed . I have always liked old people some of them are really small and cute bless them. Nope 21 going to be 22 in 3 months and some.
    Well at least you're doing your part. hopefully you'll meet the right people soon who truly appreciate your worth Lou!

Thanks, I just try & be myself really & if I can make a difference & help others a bit then that's great

That's cool, yeah some old people are a delight & really friendly I mean I've some lovely conversations with older women in the past, more so than I've had interactions with girls my age, lol :erm: Anyway I wish you all the best & hope that everything comes together for you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Well at least you're doing your part. hopefully you'll meet the right people soon who truly appreciate your worth Lou!

Thanks, I just try & be myself really & if I can make a difference & help others a bit then that's great

That's cool, yeah some old people are a delight & really friendly I mean I've some lovely conversations with older women in the past, more so than I've had interactions with girls my age, lol :erm: Anyway I wish you all the best & hope that everything comes together for you soon!
    . Hopefully and Thank you Multi x.

That is tge best way to be, I am the same .

Thats true , the same with me, some of my best memorable conversations have been with older people. Lol you joker maybe you should get yourself a cougar . . Awww thabk you multi :hugs:.

Could you answer this question of mine? What the hell is this awful south side story crap that is on my telly they are killing some of these songs in horrendous fashion and the dance moves crikey xD. This is terrible acting, i actually dunno what this is I can not find my remote again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Exhausted after an extended weekend visiting friends at my old university. I drank a lot, caught up with good friends, made new friends, had a fun training session and played a couple of songs at an open jam night which went down well and wasn't horrendous. Not sure if anyone took any videos or photos on the night but the attachment is of me and a friend practising in another friend's flat before we went out.

Already looking forward to my next trip back up there in about three weeks
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Knackered

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Exhausted after an extended weekend visiting friends at my old university. I drank a lot, caught up with good friends, made new friends, had a fun training session and played a couple of songs at an open jam night which went down well and wasn't horrendous. Not sure if anyone took any videos or photos on the night but the attachment is of me and a friend practising in another friend's flat before we went out.

I want your life
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    I want your life
    No, you'll probably want the last few days of my life rather than the whole package. I'm lucky to have some great friends but my life is FAR from how it should be.

Last weekend was needed to keep sanity as the rest of the time I'm unemployed living in the middle of nowhere with my parents and to top it off our internet connection is barely functional some of the time so I can hardly communicate with the outside world.

ReputationRep:
    I am feeling too sleepy to work but, annoyingly, not sleepy enough to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    No, you'll probably want the last few days of my life rather than the whole package. I'm lucky to have some great friends but my life is FAR from how it should be.

Last weekend was needed to keep sanity as the rest of the time I'm unemployed living in the middle of nowhere with my parents and to top it off our internet connection is barely functional some of the time so I can hardly communicate with the outside world.
    ach, that sucks man glad you seem to have some fun time to thrash out though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ach, that sucks man glad you seem to have some fun time to thrash out though
    Yup! I'm hoping against hope that I'll get a PhD place back at the same university in something I really like.

Like I said earlier, I'm already looking forward to the next time I go up because I can spend a few days away from the monotony of my normal life. The anticipation of going back helps somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling sick, very tired, lonely because nobody else is up at this time of night except my neighbours, who are stomping around up the stairs slamming doors and keeping me sharp, awake and wide-eyed (and the adrenaline pumping... every time one of their doors slam I near jump out my skin).

I'm getting that fatigued feeling you get when you're short on sleep... you know, feels like you're soaking wet all over but completely dry as well, or some other new state that is neither wet nor dry nor anywhere in-between. Like runny electricity. And also indigestion. And you start seeing a kind of visual snow that's all different colours, and can't shake off the feeling that you're being watched from behind. Every so often I momentarily snap into the realization that I'm on my computer typing, as though I had somehow forgotten that I had been there doing that the whole time. Sometimes I think I can hear the TV making a lot of busy noise and music, then I look up to see it switched off. Or sometimes I'll hear a whole busy street around me with voices and buses and cars but I'm not paying attention to it because it's background noise, but I look up and I'm actually at home at my desk alone and it was all in my head. And sounds keep looping in my head, like when I type I hear the words in my head and the last word I read loops over and over again like an echo that never fades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powpowpowpowpow)
    Feeling sick, very tired, lonely because nobody else is up at this time of night except my neighbours, who are stomping around up the stairs slamming doors and keeping me sharp, awake and wide-eyed (and the adrenaline pumping... every time one of their doors slam I near jump out my skin).

I'm getting that fatigued feeling you get when you're short on sleep... you know, feels like you're soaking wet all over but completely dry as well, or some other new state that is neither wet nor dry nor anywhere in-between. Like runny electricity. And also indigestion. And you start seeing a kind of visual snow that's all different colours, and can't shake off the feeling that you're being watched from behind. Every so often I momentarily snap into the realization that I'm on my computer typing, as though I had somehow forgotten that I had been there doing that the whole time. Sometimes I think I can hear the TV making a lot of busy noise and music, then I look up to see it switched off. Or sometimes I'll hear a whole busy street around me with voices and buses and cars but I'm not paying attention to it because it's background noise, but I look up and I'm actually at home at my desk alone and it was all in my head. And sounds keep looping in my head, like when I type I hear the words in my head and the last word I read loops over and over again like an echo that never fades.
    if you're serious I would really try and get to sleep quickly, you're describing the first symptoms of psychosis

ReputationRep:
    if you're serious I would really try and get to sleep quickly, you're describing the first symptoms of psychosis
    I would love to be able to sleep right now. I don't think it's psychosis, will try sleep soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powpowpowpowpow)
    I would love to be able to sleep right now. I don't think it's psychosis, will try sleep soon.
    I know it's not much consolation right now...but if the problem persists (and I hope it doesn't), Boots do really cheap rubber earplugs like 20 for £7, also Asda chamomile tea 40 odd bags for £2 you'll be out like a light if done right

ReputationRep:
    I want to cry I have a eyelash in my eye . Feeling bored and Lonely also :/ its bed time I think.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not much consolation right now...but if the problem persists (and I hope it doesn't), Boots do really cheap rubber earplugs like 20 for £7, also Asda chamomile tea 40 odd bags for £2 you'll be out like a light if done right
    Thanks for suggesting, I'm sure they have foam ones too. I got them before but kept losing them during the night, lol. At least I'd lose them some time after falling asleep. Oh wait, I remember why I stopped using them. I started to get really bad earwax and the ear plugs started to hurt my ears more and more each night until I quit using them and the irritation and wax cleared up. I guess I just can't use them every night.

Sorry, rambling. Going to make a chamomile tea, thanks for the suggestion.

ReputationRep:

Which one is you then, glad it went well .

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.