Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Would not take Gibbs, I rate him as a player but he's not better than any of our LBs, Jenkinson I would not take either. Chambers, Wilshere or Ramsey are the only HG players I think Chelsea would want, Chamberlain because of work rate but he's too frustrating in possession.

Yeah, well in all honesty Arsenal dealing with Chelsea for Cech is going to be a pisstake.
    I hope Chelsea don't go for Walcott. Will be so pissed off if Wenger tries that deal(has 1 year left on contract).
    Of course you wouldnt Gibbs simply isnt that good, tbh you'd be better off keeping Bamford, is Solanke home grown too?

Balls in your court tbh, you'd be best to stall for a month or 2 then tell Wenger to **** off, by which time all the keeper selling will have happened once united are forced to sell de gea triggering a domino effect of deals. If Chelsea can get £50mil for David Luiz wengs and his negotiators will get torn a new one over this deal

If I was Wenger I'd rather pay £15mil than sell you a home grown tbh, simply put the offer on the table tell Chelsea they have a week to consider then move on to other targets.

I see you asking for Wilshete tbh, proven to compliment Fab well, you need a new young CM and he has that chav **** vibe that fits in with your club (will sheddy take the bait? )

ReputationRep:
    Personally think this exchange thing is media hyping BS flaring up from Mou's comments on BT because it make an interesting story.

Wenger won't exchange any of our HG players for the sake of a goalkeeper, people at Chelsea probably know it's unrealistic. The deal is probably working in our favour Arsenal atm Cech wants to leave, wants to stay in London, 1 yr left on the contract, and his relationship with the owner probably means Arsenal will get a more than decent deal for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah. The homegrown player thing made me lol, first thing I thought of was players like Maitland-Niles or Zelalem etc. Not really the first team starters. I'd rather Zelalem be off than MN though but let's be real Chelsea probably wouldn't accept either. But giving young talent away is bit meh too

Yeah we should just sell Ospina tbh.

If Sterling ends up coming it'll just be funny to piss off the Liverpool fans but apart from that he's not what we need ffs.

There is a lack of transfer rumours on our part I've noticed. Hopefully this is a good thing
    Are either even classed as homegrown anymore? I mean zelalem is a yank ffs don't know if he'd count, not that Chelsea would take him. Just offer straight cash or don't bother and move onto other targets imo.

I don't see us spending much tbh, we have depth in most areas and wengs doesn't spend for the sake of it, leaving us as a 3rd place club for eternity, but dont worry prod, we were a 4th place team so it's "progress"

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain this!? Must be a photoshop job

ReputationRep:
    Wengs lost a bet with bellerin and the forfeit was letting Bellerin dress him for an event?

ReputationRep:
    mirin Wengz forearm veins.

Mans been deadlifiting I see. Either that or from lifting all these cups recently

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/IDontLikeSpurs/s...596288/video/1

Fabregas blanked by Hleb. That look of regret afterwards....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Nah they're best mates, and clearly messing about.

As nice as it would be to think players fall out over perceived slights to their clubs, they really couldnt care less in general. Only guy Fabregas is getting blanked by is Wenger, which probably cuts him deep tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

They're both Snakes they should be embracing each other. It was so disappointing losing Hleb I was heart broken at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    They're both Snakes they should be embracing each other. It was so disappointing losing Hleb I was heart broken at the time

I think the one that hurt the most to this day is RVP for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I think the one that hurt the most to this day is RVP for me
    RVP still hurts? The success we've enjoyed since he's left and Utd post SAF troubles have help me get over his leaving.I honestly believe if you had told RVP in 2012 he'd have only 1 PL medal after 3 seasons at Utd he's had stayed at Arsenal. Fergie essentially sold him a false vision.

Nasri was a quality player tho.

ReputationRep:
    Success with 2 FA Cup's? Must be having a laugh. A league title is worth 5 of those.

ReputationRep:
    Man like Wenger been injecting recently.

Weirdly enough I have similar forearms.

(Original post by Depleted)
    Success with 2 FA Cup's? Must be having a laugh. A league title is worth 5 of those.
    Plus anyway I don't think RVP would have propelled that Arsenal team to the title anyway. 13/14 maybe but that coincided with RVPs decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Man like Wenger been injecting recently.

Weirdly enough I have similar forearms.
    So you have the forearms of a 65 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    So you have the forearms of a 65 year old
    Still bigger than DYELs like you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    RVP still hurts? The success we've enjoyed since he's left and Utd post SAF troubles have help me get over his leaving.I honestly believe if you had told RVP in 2012 he'd have only 1 PL medal after 3 seasons at Utd he's had stayed at Arsenal. Fergie essentially sold him a false vision.

Nasri was a quality player tho.

I was a big fan of RVP, was one of my favourite players especially post Henry. Cesc's departure was understandable but I never thought RVP would leave to UTD the way he did. It's not really about what he won afterwards that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I was a big fan of RVP, was one of my favourite players especially post Henry. Cesc's departure was understandable but I never thought RVP would leave to UTD the way he did. It's not really about what he won afterwards that matters to me.
    Tbf you weren't competitive at the time, can't really blame players for making the step up to a big club. If they did that now, then you'd say they're a snake and it's a fair indictment

ReputationRep:
    For me fabregas leaving is the one i remember most, one of those moments where you remember where you are, i was cycling with a mate and had stopped by a river gor a breather and updated bbc sport on my phone to see the article i had been dreading for weeks.

At least those days are over now, a thing of the past, now we only sell our 2nd choice players to big teams for £15mil where they flop and play 1 game all season

ReputationRep:
    RVP was the best striker in the league but with 0 titles in England or Holland and running out of time, how can you blame him for wanting to win a title

ReputationRep:
    I don't dislike rvp for moving, but that article he wrote to the fans about not trusting wenger before he left was a pretty disgusting thing to do considering the faith wenger had shown him throughout his career, especially when you look back to when he was an annoying **** no one had time for early in his career.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.