Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Finally got round to sitting down Einstein's Riddle, and I thought it was supposed to be difficult, I mean it is nothing more than very very simple logic.
    I remember doing a runescape puzzle based on it i think, not hard but wouldn't want to do it without a pen and paper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Catching up on Newsnight and it's interesting to see that the French are concerned about Brexit on the grounds that "without Britain in Europe, they would be surrounded by herbivores" on defense and foreign policy.

As much as we berate the French and Polish often, i've believed for some years that they (along with the US eventually) are probably the only two nations in the world who we can trust to shed blood for us should the need arise be that a Russian invasion of eastern Europe or another jolly to the middle east.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that that Penny woman (Tory MP) comes across well but she's pretty weak at actually arguing her case. Brexit campaign seem to be putting her on a lot though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I've noticed that that Penny woman (Tory MP) comes across well but she's pretty weak at actually arguing her case. Brexit campaign seem to be putting her on a lot though.
    Penny Mordant?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Penny Mordant?
    That's the one. She's either in the wrong department or simply not smart enough.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Penny Mordant?
    Wasn't she the one that was dared to say **** as many times as she could in a speech?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Wasn't she the one that was dared to say **** as many times as she could in a speech?
    Yep XD
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yep XD
    Her poor constituents.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Her poor constituents.
    It's good that we have MPs with a sense of humour

She also made quite a few valid points in her speech.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It's good that we have MPs with a sense of humour

She also made quite a few valid points in her speech.
    They should have a joke bill day once a year like they have opposition days and keep it at that.

ReputationRep:
    She's a woman and the only hope brexit have is targeting the undecided woman vote.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    She's a woman and the only hope brexit have is targeting the undecided woman vote.
    Women aren't that stupid that they'd vote in accordance with someone just because they are a woman too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Women aren't that stupid that they'd vote in accordance with someone just because they are a woman too.
    no, that's only in America... and the blacks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    no, that's only in America... and the blacks.
    I didn't see all the black people flocking to vote for Ben Carson.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see all the black people flocking to vote for Ben Carson.
    That's because they're democrats, but like voting for Hillary because she says "I'll keep doing the nothing the black guy is doing"

ReputationRep:
    While I completely agree, representation does matter, if the out campaign start putting a lot of women on the tv, saying why it is good for women and for the country to leave, it may help swing the undecided female vote, same with ethnic minorities who are undecided, the more people like them they see on TV saying why it is good for britain, and their ethnic minority group to leave, the more likely they might swing towards out. Representation goes a long, long way, and can be a very powerful thing.

ReputationRep:
    It might make the small difference. subconsciously.

It's essentially the justification for all women shortlists
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    1461754443348.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    He's still a nutter but Ted Cruz has declared that if president the UK will be at the front of the line for a trade treaty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    He's still a nutter but Ted Cruz has declared that if president the UK will be at the front of the line for a trade treaty.
    Not that much of a nutter then

Still a nutjob though.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.