Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Probably shopping for new EU HQ in Paris. #brexit
    *Frankfurt I'd reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Are you sure you can? I think you can apply once, right? Even if you withdraw...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    damn, you are right, since I have applied already even if I withdraw it still counts

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applying Macquarie? Is it bad idea to show preference for 2 divisions (IBD and AM) in their application? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Anybody applying Macquarie? Is it bad idea to show preference for 2 divisions (IBD and AM) in their application? Thoughts?
    Me bro. Its a not a bad idea bro, why would they put it up then in the first place

ReputationRep:
    i applied, just went for ibd as thought was easier to sell my motivation in just 1 rather than 2 divs given the word limit

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have the HR email address for Barclays. They said I have five working days to take the test, it's been four but it says my time slot has expired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Me bro. Its a not a bad idea bro, why would they put it up then in the first place
    I was just thinking that maybe they will view it as if I am not really concentrated on sth

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the MorganStanley economics research position is easier to get into than the AM one ( i don't have a preference) in pure terms of applicants to vacancies ratio?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an SEO London/careers video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleverboy12)
    Anybody have the HR email address for Barclays. They said I have five working days to take the test, it's been four but it says my time slot has expired.
    A few of us in this thread have the same problem, I emailed them:

"Thank you for letting us know. We have received a few of the same issues from other candidates. We are currently looking into this so I will be in touch with you as soon as we have fixed the problem."

ReputationRep:
    If Citi ask whether it is your "first job" - do they mean graduate job or do internships/placement years count as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i just put yes because it stops u filling out that same old crappy work experience form which is pointless because thats all on ur cv

(Original post by Commercial Paper)
    If Citi ask whether it is your "first job" - do they mean graduate job or do internships/placement years count as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    i just put yes because it stops u filling out that same old crappy work experience form which is pointless because thats all on ur cv
    yeah same, it still counts as work experience

ReputationRep:
    get ready to say goodbye to free meals and free cabs

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk..._campaign=FANS

ReputationRep:
    yeah same, it still counts as work experience
    Same lol. Asking me for my salary and all sorts of bs. **** that.

ReputationRep:
    get ready to say goodbye to free meals and free cabs

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk..._campaign=FANS
    highlight of the article must be this"Last week, 14 year-old ex-Barclays associate Mitchell Bayer-Goldman was convicted of punching a bouncer in the eye after refusing to pay a £500 bar tab at a London club. Bayer Goldman joined Barclays’ IBD division in 2012 and was promoted to associate in February this year (which seems a long delay in light of the new two year analyst programmes at Goldman Sachs and elsewhere). Warwick graduate Bayer-Goldman is no longer on Barclays’ payroll, predictably."kids these days...

ReputationRep:
    highlight of the article must be this"Last week, 14 year-old ex-Barclays associate Mitchell Bayer-Goldman was convicted of punching a bouncer in the eye after refusing to pay a £500 bar tab at a London club. Bayer Goldman joined Barclays’ IBD division in 2012 and was promoted to associate in February this year (which seems a long delay in light of the new two year analyst programmes at Goldman Sachs and elsewhere). Warwick graduate Bayer-Goldman is no longer on Barclays’ payroll, predictably."kids these days...
    then don't punch a bouncer in video interview guys ))

ReputationRep:
    Do Citi screen before sending the tests? How long does this normally take and how long do you have to complete the tests once they eventually come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    As long as you passed then you are good to go :P. But you will be disadvantaged as there will be people with equally good applications but also with better test scores... So...
    At most I've got 7/12 on the test which will surely be a fail though

ReputationRep:
    I saw that bit and googled his name. His linkedin page is still there and apparently he is still working for Barclays. Might connect with him, all about the networking.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.