Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlippyG08)
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
    It really depends on mark scheme, but you're probably looking at 85+ I'd say. Could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .
    The answer was 3-√6/12, how'd you even get 1/6 lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the overall mark to obtain a C?

ReputationRep:
    http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf

This is a maths teacher's worked solutions!

ReputationRep:
    anyone got anything for 3hr

ReputationRep:
    do you know what the grade bounday is

ReputationRep:
    For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?

ReputationRep:
    what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mout)
    what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper
    Grade boundaries for C on the higher paper are generally between about 57 and 65 over the two papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARYAM177777777)
    For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?
    No you won't, probably 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARYAM177777777)
    which method did you use, was it trial and error?

ReputationRep:
    I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question

ReputationRep:
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
    It really will depend on the level of difficulty with Paper 2, hence you may need anything from 74-88. This first paper wasn't the most difficult in recent years, so the upper number will probably be closer to the requirement.

Suggestions
    Focus your efforts on the high end (A* and A) calculator questions. Ensure you don't lose silly marks in the earlier questions. Forget this first paper, it is done.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    How many marks in each paper do I need to obtain a C, overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul_413)
    Grade B-A 100%
    73 is 100% an A, what grade boundaries are you looking at? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lek1)
    I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question
    Did you get
    3x^2 - 24x + 36

If yes, you should have then divided 3x^2 - 24x + 36 by 3, then found the factors. I believe you found the factors of 108 (3 times 36) and sum of -24.

ReputationRep:
    the circle theroms one was 90 degrees definatley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in question 5 for the amount of days the oil in the tank would last, i rounded 892 litres to 1000, so my end answer was 1000/20= 50 days instead of 45. would i still get both marks, despite not rounding to 900? someone told me you must be specific

ReputationRep:
    Around 80 marks you should be aiming for

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.