Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlippyG08)
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
    It really depends on mark scheme, but you're probably looking at 85+ I'd say. Could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .
    The answer was 3-√6/12, how'd you even get 1/6 lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the overall mark to obtain a C?

ReputationRep:
    http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf

This is a maths teacher's worked solutions!

ReputationRep:
    anyone got anything for 3hr

ReputationRep:
    do you know what the grade bounday is

ReputationRep:
    For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?

ReputationRep:
    what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mout)
    what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper
    Grade boundaries for C on the higher paper are generally between about 57 and 65 over the two papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARYAM177777777)
    For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?
    No you won't, probably 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARYAM177777777)
    which method did you use, was it trial and error?

ReputationRep:
    I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question

ReputationRep:
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
    It really will depend on the level of difficulty with Paper 2, hence you may need anything from 74-88. This first paper wasn't the most difficult in recent years, so the upper number will probably be closer to the requirement.

Suggestions
    Focus your efforts on the high end (A* and A) calculator questions. Ensure you don't lose silly marks in the earlier questions. Forget this first paper, it is done.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    How many marks in each paper do I need to obtain a C, overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul_413)
    Grade B-A 100%
    73 is 100% an A, what grade boundaries are you looking at? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lek1)
    I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question
    Did you get
    3x^2 - 24x + 36

If yes, you should have then divided 3x^2 - 24x + 36 by 3, then found the factors. I believe you found the factors of 108 (3 times 36) and sum of -24.

ReputationRep:
    the circle theroms one was 90 degrees definatley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in question 5 for the amount of days the oil in the tank would last, i rounded 892 litres to 1000, so my end answer was 1000/20= 50 days instead of 45. would i still get both marks, despite not rounding to 900? someone told me you must be specific

ReputationRep:
    Around 80 marks you should be aiming for

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.