Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One word : FAIL

ReputationRep:
    guys seriousily chill the heck out, its over now i dont understand why each person is trying to defend their intelligence and their answer, chill its done....FACE IT! but yeah the exam was a bit funny =/ kinda rushed for time tbh so lets see what happends, anyone have any ideas on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    was it not "describe"?
    That is describing

ReputationRep:
    was it not "describe"?
    Yeah describe. I think I got it wrong cos I went into detail. I can't remember if I described.

School boy error.

ReputationRep:
    was it not "describe"?
    The one which said relating to fig 4.1 =)
    what myelination, diameter do to speed of conduction =)
    you will get ark as long as you have given out answer with reference to the diagram. as thats what they CLEARLY HAD IN BOLD: looking at FIG.4.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_a_y)
    Double nope.

700/1200 x 125/1200 = 6.076 = 6.1%
    I had this :yep: ... about 10 seconds before I ran out of time.

But calculations aren't my strong point. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgr141291)
    That is describing
    Oh, my apologies. I didn't know giving a reason was describing!

/sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    guys seriousily chill the heck out, its over now i dont understand why each person is trying to defend their intelligence and their answer, chill its done....FACE IT! but yeah the exam was a bit funny =/ kinda rushed for time tbh so lets see what happends, anyone have any ideas on grade boundaries?
    I'm just a bit iffy that they put in absolutely retarded questions. If this AQA, it would be listing mechanisms, processes and a lot of explaining. I wish I did AQA biology.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys you fail. You are just not as uber as me, sometimes the best answer is the simplest...

My seal had a scuba suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    Buffers in blood and muscles to resist drop in pH caused by lactate, and many stores of glycogen as much less ATP is produced per glucose molecule in anaerobic respiration...

I swear the question was asking why its able to stay under water for such a long period of time and surely whether or not all these take place the seals brain still requires oxygen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    I dont remember the question precisely, but i said something along the lines of 'near the end of dialysis, the blood will have made many circulations of the body and dialysis machine. So there is no point in adding 'anti clotting stuff'(whatever it was called!:p: ) to blood which already contains it.
    can i just ask how you all know that that substance was used to prevent clotting? it is NOWHERE in my textbooks!!
    oh and is anyone doing ocr A chemistry exam on wednesday? if theres a forum on here could you send me the link to it please as i cant find one!

ReputationRep:
    I just googled "Anticoagulant" and things that fit into this category stop clotting in the blood. Not that that's any help to me because I said it had something to do with the amount of oxygen in the blood.

ReputationRep:
    major flop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    The one which said relating to fig 4.1 =)
    what myelination, diameter do to speed of conduction =)
    you will get ark as long as you have given out answer with reference to the diagram. as thats what they CLEARLY HAD IN BOLD: looking at FIG.4.1
    I think for the second mark you had to just quote two values from the table comparing the speed of conduction.

And it did not mention "explain" so i dont think you will get any marks for explaining why the speed was faster.

ReputationRep:
    It would be pointless to desvribe about the myelin and then next page you see a 2 mark question on what Schwann cells do? i think thats what it was more or less related to myelin sheath again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, my apologies. I didn't know giving a reason was describing!
    Very unlikely they'll get a mark for giving a reason. But with OCR these days, who knows...

You get a mark for... well.... describing. E.g. Conduction is faster when myelinated, or with wider diameter.

And a mark for using a set of figures from the table.

ReputationRep:
    the answer to perecntage was 17.9 %

as my teacher said it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_wise)
    I think for the second mark you had to just quote two values from the table comparing the speed of conduction.

And it did not mention "explain" so i dont think you will get any marks for explaining why the speed was faster.
    ermm... guess i am not good at exlplaining but yea.. thats what i did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara592)
    can i just ask how you all know that that substance was used to prevent clotting? it is NOWHERE in my textbooks!!
    oh and is anyone doing ocr A chemistry exam on wednesday? if theres a forum on here could you send me the link to it please as i cant find one!
    Dnno.. its a common biological term though shudve come across it afew times.

And it was in biology AS level i think.. platelets act as coagulants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_a_y)
    Double nope.

700/1200 x 125/1200 = 6.076 = 6.1%
    I got 6.1% aswell mate, but im still worried lol cuz most of my mates and ppl on here got 17.1%?? x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.