University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
alexpower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
I do, I lived there this year and I'm living there again next year. What do you want to know?
Oo yay! How come youre living in halls next year too, do a lot of people do that?
Just generally what it's like? I'm guessing you like it or you wouldnt be going there again next year! are there organised socials and things? are the kitchens..toilets etc ok? what's the surrounding area like? thank youu!
chloeee!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
No i'm starting in september haha i did make it sound like i was already there though! Haha from what people say Lupton is a really fun hall and its cheap so more money for going out
Haha so where have you applied? Yeah, the cheaper the better, I'm gonna be on such a budget as it is!
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chloeee!)
Haha so where have you applied? Yeah, the cheaper the better, I'm gonna be on such a budget as it is!
i went for james baillie park but i'm considering changing to lupton or montague burton because james baillie park is apparently really oversubscribed. i dont really mind where i go, just cant wait for uni! What are you studying?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oo yay! How come youre living in halls next year too, do a lot of people do that?
Just generally what it's like? I'm guessing you like it or you wouldnt be going there again next year! are there organised socials and things? are the kitchens..toilets etc ok? what's the surrounding area like? thank youu!
I'm living in halls again next year as I was a bit late sorting out who to live with next year compared to others and so there was no-one to live with so I decided to go back into halls. A few people go back into halls after first year for one reason or another but most move out into houses with friends.

There are some organised socials, at the start of the year, the site team organised a night in one of the union clubs for everyone in Monty B so we could get to know each other.

The toilet's fine and so the shower, the kitchen is a good size with a table/5 chairs and quite a few cupboards, some of which can be locked shut with a padlock.
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i went for james baillie park but i'm considering changing to lupton or montague burton because james baillie park is apparently really oversubscribed. i dont really mind where i go, just cant wait for uni! What are you studying?
Yeah haha its not like there's anywhere you really wouldnt wanna end up (i don't think). I'm doing politics, actually soo excited! You? Do you have facebook or anything haa
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah haha its not like there's anywhere you really wouldnt wanna end up (i don't think). I'm doing politics, actually soo excited! You? Do you have facebook or anything haa
no i think all the accommodation is pretty good! i just wouldnt want to end up in boddington or oxley because medicine is quite a full on course so i dont want to be too far from uni i doooo have facebook! x
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
no i think all the accommodation is pretty good! i just wouldnt want to end up in boddington or oxley because medicine is quite a full on course so i dont want to be too far from uni i doooo have facebook! x
Haha. Gonna PM me it then?
a_dhanji
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi..!
I'm currently already at Leeds Uni but I've gone and booked TWO rooms some how at the TRIANGLE, PARKLANE.
Its £92.99/week
Has a TV in the kitchen, ensuite, beds are bigger than single & it is situated opposite two of the opals and next to Concept Place.
If anyone is interested contact me ASAP on 07946 423 541 or find me on facebook: Aliza Dhanji.

(if you are looking for two rooms? my friend has booked the room next door to this one and is also in a pickle)

Thanks..!
hwint93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, i was thinking of north hill court but it seems pretty small, i just want something really cheap so i'm thinking lupton sounds like the place to be
Anyone else had the same idea?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lupton or Clarence Dock? I only have a couple of days to decide, someone just tell me what to dooo!
do you want en suite or not? :P also the gym's not really a gym at CD lol
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hwint93)
Hey, i was thinking of north hill court but it seems pretty small, i just want something really cheap so i'm thinking lupton sounds like the place to be
Same, I'm about to change my application to Lupton. Cheap and in Headingley - maybe see you there! haha
hwint93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same, I'm about to change my application to Lupton. Cheap and in Headingley - maybe see you there! haha
Yeah i've just changed it not sure what to put as order of preferences cos i want to make sure i get a decent cheap halls but in headingly... not sure whether to put low cost first or social events

what course you doing?
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think theres a fair few who thought like that, that's the reason why i went for Lupton over NHC at least. Cheap, in a decent location and rather well spoken of on this forum.. win win.

It is massively oversubscribed, but if you fail to get into JBP apparently its a fair chance you'll get put into Lupton anyway (obv. depending on what u put for the accom questionnaire). At least that's what somebody told me on the accom open day.
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah i've just changed it not sure what to put as order of preferences cos i want to make sure i get a decent cheap halls but in headingly... not sure whether to put low cost first or social events

what course you doing?
I think if you put low-cost you're mote likely to get it? I dunno lol but that's what I'm doing. Politics, you?
hwint93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think if you put low-cost you're mote likely to get it? I dunno lol but that's what I'm doing. Politics, you?
Yeah, thats what i've left it at. Glad its all sorted now though, and exams are out of the way! Im doing economics and maths hopefully. How'd your exams go?
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, thats what i've left it at. Glad its all sorted now though, and exams are out of the way! Im doing economics and maths hopefully. How'd your exams go?
I thought they went quite wellbut I don't wanna jinx it! Im trying not to get too excited until after results day haha. How did yours go? And where are you from? x
chloeee!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wooo just changed to lupton!
hannserr
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by haaroon321)
I'm thinking of picking Charles Morris but I've heard a few negative opinions. A few people say that it is not really fun and doesn't have the party spirit the other halls have because it is strict. Is this true? What's your opinion of Charles Morris?

Thank you
I've applied for Charles Morris and I've only ever heard good reviews about it when i went to go have look around, everyone was really positive about it, but that was only really in the older two buildings, not so much in Storm Jameson, the newer bit. but really good reviews on TSR forums too!
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There aren't a lot of people applying to Leodis. I wonder why this is. The most popular seem to be James Baille or Lupton or Charles Morris.
Hmmm. Ahh well. Im sure they'll be plenty of people.
flowerpower99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi guys Im going to be 24 when I start eek! Would like somewhere sociable but not crazy, ideally with people my kind of age, any one got any recommendations?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed