Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey i wanna ask something, i hope you guys can answer :3
    i'm an Indonesian, and maybe will go to Singapore for higher education.
    i would like to ask whether ophthalmology can be studied in undergraduate studies in NUS.
    can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrylicious)
    i would like to ask whether ophthalmology can be studied in undergraduate studies in NUS.
    can anyone help?
    I dont think it's available in NUS. Maybe SP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hellooo fellow fresher. hahah. you just got your accommodation package? have fun making your final selections, i edited mine more than ten times. hahah.
    For some reason, deciding on accomm feels way tougher than choosing unis to apply to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summersolitude)
    For some reason, deciding on accomm feels way tougher than choosing unis to apply to
    hahah yeah it is. factoring in the costs, accommodation atmosphere, location, distance from school then back to costs again. hahah. it certainly is tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpl.fir)
    don't understand Masala's question about esteemed lawyers.
    Sorry lah Just 'kaypoh'.. by esteemed lawyers.. i meant hot shots like Davinder Singh , Philip Fong, Tan Tee Jim likes moving out from say Drew & Napier, Harry Elias or wherever and say maybe going to another firm like say Colin N & Partners or Daniel D & Associates or even Lee & Lee and taking their clients say maybe UOB, Citicorp or Microsoft etc along. Then depending on the weightage ...they sekali become BIG.. :beer: :gfight:

Dont bother to answer the kaypoh if it 's too tedious ..It's ok :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrylicious)
    can anyone help?
    Ophthalmology is actually a medical specialty; the prerequisite to enter into ophthalmology is a basic medical degree (in Singapore that would be the MBBS from NUS, or the MD from Duke-NUS).

Optometry is taught as a diploma-level course at Singapore Polytechnic (http://www.sp.edu.sg/wps/portal/vp-s...dip.optometry), I'm not sure if other polytechnics offer optometry as a course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    I dont think it's available in NUS. Maybe SP?
    thanks. i'll be searching for it. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psyche87)
    Ophthalmology is actually a medical specialty; the prerequisite to enter into ophthalmology is a basic medical degree (in Singapore that would be the MBBS from NUS, or the MD from Duke-NUS).

Optometry is taught as a diploma-level course at Singapore Polytechnic (http://www.sp.edu.sg/wps/portal/vp-s...dip.optometry), I'm not sure if other polytechnics offer optometry as a course.
    found it. thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    hey im intending to apply for oxford and imperial for science!

ReputationRep:
    Hello there. I'm new here. Just received an offer from UCL (postgrad). I'm looking for student accomodation. Heard a lot about Max Rayne. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know which halls to choose! *flustered*

i'm hoping for
    1) catered
    2) near strand campus
    3) if possible, en suite

anyone can shed some light? =D thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Helllooo!! I'm currently caught between offers from NUS Medicine & Aberdeen (in Scotland).. Any helpful kind soul out there who can offer some advice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryhappyfeet)
    i don't know which halls to choose! *flustered*

i'm hoping for
    1) catered
    2) near strand campus
    3) if possible, en suite

anyone can shed some light? =D thanks!
    Although SS apartment is really near Strand its not catered. And I'm pretty sure whipping up a proper meal (and cleaning up!) is gonna take more than 20mins, plus the 10-15min walk to school, it'll be better to go for catered! Plus having to cook after a long day at school doesn't seem like the nicest of thing to do. The intercollegiate halls are most probably gonna be my first few choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summersolitude)
    Although SS apartment is really near Strand its not catered. And I'm pretty sure whipping up a proper meal (and cleaning up!) is gonna take more than 20mins, plus the 10-15min walk to school, it'll be better to go for catered! Plus having to cook after a long day at school doesn't seem like the nicest of thing to do. The intercollegiate halls are most probably gonna be my first few choices
    same here, intercolls are my first 5 choices. not really keen on having the hassle of grocery shopping/cooking while trying to settle in at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just joined TSR and found this Singapore thread. What a relief after reading some of the really long threads and not finding any locals!

Are any of you guys heading to King's in Sept this year? I'll be doing Business Management. I'm also choosing my accommodation and intercollegiates will certainly be one of my choices. But I've heard nothing but bad things about the catered food! Most people are just forcing themselves to eat it because they paid for it.

M

ReputationRep:
    have you guys started the student visa applications already? i feel confused as to whether a student can use his parent's bank account directly as the financial proof, or he must present a joint account with his parent. can anyone enlighten me? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys anyone heading over to durham this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanr)
    have you guys started the student visa applications already? i feel confused as to whether a student can use his parent's bank account directly as the financial proof, or he must present a joint account with his parent. can anyone enlighten me? thanks.
    I think you need to provide evidence like your birth certificate plus your parent's ID to prove that you're your parent's kid.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all I'm going to UCL to do Biological Sciences this year. Hmm wondering if I'm the only one starting a science degree in UCL this yr? haha...

Btw to all those going to UCL this year, r u guys going for the international orientation? what date r u'll flying over?

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.