Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I love how everyone is already predicting the places for next season. If only it were that easy! Everyone thought Arsenal would slip up massively before the start of this season as RVP was sold off and while we aren't having the best season, I think we have done well enough to contend for a champions league place (weather we achieve 4th or not) without a star striker and some very inexperienced players for the PL. The squad more than the team itself needs strengthening I feel as even Cazorla who has been brilliant this season has been very average in some games due to lack of competition. Guzan, Fellaini and Jovetic seem to be the most realistic targets and them along with a few younger players coming in next season (Ox, Coquelin & Gnabry) will definitely help Arsenal compete at the top again. COYG
    Tbh, we expected you guys to come 4th. Liverpool were always gonna have a **** start and tottenham have little to no quality after their first 11. Really bale is the only reason they're having such a great season. I completely expected you guys to be fourth, chelsea and city around the same points total and united in first place.

Brad guzan as well, you on drugs? Guzan will get you a title. That's new. Just go for begovic if you really want someone. You will be around the level of this season, maybe with 5 points more if you get jovetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh, we expected you guys to come 4th. Liverpool were always gonna have a **** start and tottenham have little to no quality after their first 11. Really bale is the only reason they're having such a great season. I completely expected you guys to be fourth, chelsea and city around the same points total and united in first place.

Brad guzan as well, you on drugs? Guzan will get you a title. That's new. Just go for begovic if you really want someone. You will be around the level of this season, maybe with 5 points more if you get jovetic.
    Did I say Guzan was going to bring us the title? Guzan has been amazing this season for Villa and has ensured that they aren't in trouble. He's perfect for putting pressure on Szczesny. You should probably take a closer look at Jovetic as well..should have watched the Montenegro match against England. The rumours associated with him kind of remind me of Podolski last season where we actually finished the deal off early. I hope the same happens with Jovetic cause I don't see any reason why Arsenal shouldn't buy him now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Should I put spoilers in it next time so people like you don't make noncontributory responses to my points.

Did I say Guzan was going to bring us the title? Guzan has been amazing this season for Villa and has ensured that they aren't in trouble. He's perfect for putting pressure on Szczesny. You should probably take a closer look at Jovetic as well..should have watched the Montenegro match against England. The rumours associated with him kind of remind me of Podolski last season where we actually finished the deal off early. I hope the same happens with Jovetic cause I don't see any reason why Arsenal shouldn't buy him now.
    Yeah, guzan has been amazing, but this whole get a keeper to put pressure thing is pretty overrated. If the keeper is good enough they're good enough. Petr cech's form last year was terrible yet he came back with amazing performances in the FA cup and CL.

I know a bit about jovetic, I admittedly haven't watched him too much but he seems like a good player who would get you a lot of goals. I thought competiting at the top meant title challenging. Which I doubt from you next season, maybe slightly behind the chasing pack for the title 75 points but I don't see anything higher than that. Although I'd like you to prove me wrong, a 4 way title challenge would be pretty sick personally.

ReputationRep:
    Should I put spoilers in it next time so people like you don't make noncontributory responses to my points.
    You've got to give him credit, it was pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You've got to give him credit, it was pretty funny
    Guess so. Tbf I've been trying to flame people today.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, guzan has been amazing, but this whole get a keeper to put pressure thing is pretty overrated. If the keeper is good enough they're good enough. Petr cech's form last year was terrible yet he came back with amazing performances in the FA cup and CL.

I know a bit about jovetic, I admittedly haven't watched him too much but he seems like a good player who would get you a lot of goals. I thought competiting at the top meant title challenging. Which I doubt from you next season, maybe slightly behind the chasing pack for the title 75 points but I don't see anything higher than that. Although I'd like you to prove me wrong, a 4 way title challenge would be pretty sick personally.
    Not all players are the same! Cech may not have needed pressure to up his game but if this season is anything to go by, Szczesny thrives under pressure and dropping him was probably the best decision Wenger has made at the tail end of this season.

Jovetic is a realistic target like I said, would love a Cavani or Falcao but I know thats not going to happen in a million years! We'd all love a 4 way title challenge but I don't think my heart can take it anymore..would love to be Man Utd's shoes this time next season. Wishful thinking of course :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i shouldn't have said that...it felt like insulting the great man Arsene Wenger

I sincerely apologize for my idiotic theory

ReputationRep:
    i have a theory on why RVP was sold....it's a far fetched one...Anyways, Arsene Wenger knew it all along that SAF was retiring at the end of the season, so he thought why not give SAF RVP so he can retire with a title ? a special farewell gift from Wenger himself? Before any of you head for the neg button, this is just a theory..
    Well SAF called wenger for RVP. Not the other way round...

ReputationRep:

if we lose tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone is already predicting the places for next season. If only it were that easy! Everyone thought Arsenal would slip up massively before the start of this season as RVP was sold off and while we aren't having the best season, I think we have done well enough to contend for a champions league place (weather we achieve 4th or not) without a star striker and some very inexperienced players for the PL. The squad more than the team itself needs strengthening I feel as even Cazorla who has been brilliant this season has been very average in some games due to lack of competition. Guzan, Fellaini and Jovetic seem to be the most realistic targets and them along with a few younger players coming in next season (Ox, Coquelin & Gnabry) will definitely help Arsenal compete at the top again. COYG
    If Arsenal are gonna go for a new goalkeeper, there are much better goalkeepers out there better than Guzan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    If Arsenal are gonna go for a new goalkeeper, there are much better goalkeepers out there better than Guzan...
    We should save Begovic from that rugby team called Stoke! They can't even string passes together :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    We should save Begovic from that rugby team called Stoke! They can't even string passes together :lolwut:
    Or Rene Adler or Handanovic! I so badly wanted Stoke to get relegated as well and do the whole Premier League a favour but it wasn't meant to be. :cry:

Such a scummy thug team that play root one football.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Begovic is about 15 million if you are to believe the rumours. If we really are looking to spend that much on a keeper than we might as well go for Valdes, Mignolet or even Cesar! I thought we were talking about back-up keepers and I can't think of many better than Guzan (good price and premier league experience). Do you guys not think Szczesny is up for it? Just an opinion but if he stopped being so cocky and over-confident then I think he has the potential to be much better

ReputationRep:
    Begovic is about 15 million if you are to believe the rumours. If we really are looking to spend that much on a keeper than we might as well go for Valdes, Mignolet or even Cesar! I thought we were talking about back-up keepers and I can't think of many better than Guzan (good price and premier league experience). Do you guys not think Szczesny is up for it? Just an opinion but if he stopped being so cocky and over-confident then I think he has the potential to be much better
    Back up keepers? I thought you were talking about a 1st choice keeper. What's the point of splashing out loads of money for the player to sit on the bench? Why would the likes of Guzan, Cesar (who is pants and really overrated, got dropped by QPR) and Valdes (who is also pants and gets mocked by nearly everyone now) and Valdes even come to Arsenal and just warm the bench. Doesn't make sense. Either stick with Szczesney or bring in a top keeper and Szczesney to No.2.

ReputationRep:
    Cesar is not pants... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Valdes? Da fack

ReputationRep:
    You rate Valdes over Begovic? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Cesar is not pants... :facepalm:
    You clearly haven't seen the guy play. I am an Inter fan aswell.... and he's been benched by QPR!!! The guy's got butter fingers.

ReputationRep:
    I would love Julio Cesar! I swear, Arsenal was his first choice? before he decided to opt for the 'grand plan of failure' that's QPR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    You clearly haven't seen the guy play. I am an Inter fan aswell.... and he's been benched by QPR!!! The guy's got butter fingers.
    :facepalm2:
    Yeah handanovic is an improvement. QPR benched him because he's not going to be there next season :sigh: Get off the crackpipe.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.