Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my invitation for interview! [though I have 3 offers already so idk if I'll even take it..]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oyyoyy)
    Finally got my invitation for interview! [though I have 3 offers already so idk if I'll even take it..]
    Reject it plz lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MakeMeDocPlzNow)
    Reject it plz lol
    Haha it is tempting to just go and troll the interviewers XD

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for the 18th of Feb but can't go to it (gwarrrr I feel stupid/worried they won't be able to change it) is it more likely to be moved forward or back? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WG95)
    Nope you're not the only one. Been quietly watching the thread wishing it was me getting one.
    :'(
    Okay, let's try to stay positive. At least we're still in the limbo pile, that's better than being rejected for sure!

(Original post by MakeMeDocPlzNow)
      10A*s GCSE (inc English, Bio, Chem, Phys & Maths)
      A*A*AAA Achieved A-level (inc Bio & Chem)
      735 UKCAT Band 1
      PS and Reference that have got me interviews at places that look strongly at them
      Home reapplicant to A100, no retakes

No interview

Anyone else got similar stats and no interview?
      My stats are quite similar to yours mate (UKCAT: 740 Band 1 and A levels: A*AAAA) Re-applicant too but not heard anything either. Hopefully we both hear same time

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nana96)
      How long should we spend discussing the article? ive prepared 3 points for and 3 pointa against but I end up talking for like 10mins im worried they're gna get bored

Posted from TSR Mobile
      They'll cut you off when you go on for too long. So no worries there.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by etry)
      They'll cut you off when you go on for too long. So no worries there.
      Na they decided to grill me instead lol!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by raveen789)
      Na they decided to grill me instead lol!
      if u survived the grilling well u have a great chance

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Marisa-chan)
      I would wear a suit but blazers are really unflattering on me and would make me feel uncomfortable :l were most of the girls wearing suits at your interview?
      Sorry just read this, I think a couple were but there were a few in cardigans, as long as you're comfy I guess that's the most important thing!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Digimon97)
      Unlucky, was your UCAS score 440? I think its unfair to keep us waiting until Feb if its only going to be a rejection. I really hope I get an interview, I've 632 UCAS and 667.5 UKCAT and I just hope that it is enough. What time did others get their interviews as I've checked my track and nothing so far...
      I am in the last year of sixth form, have they stopped interviewing people in the last year of sixth form?
      Some please answer my questions!!!!! Also has anyone received any interviews today?

ReputationRep:
      I've just received my interview today for the 18th February! I'm a first time applicant for A100

STATS:

GCSES: 7 A* 4A 1B
      AS Levels: AAAB
      A Levels: Predicted AAA
      UKCAT: 695 Band 1
      UCAS: roughly 650

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by oyyoyy)
      Haha it is tempting to just go and troll the interviewers XD
      3 offers? Where from ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hello.

Does anybody want to do mock up interviews on skype? I think its a great way to practice before the real interview !! My Skype id is: cristina.dinescu

ReputationRep:
      Rejected from a101

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LiSpi)
      Rejected from a101
      Gutted to hear that... I hope u have heard some positive news from somewhere ........
      My condolence hugs ...
      Did they give a reason ...
      And this will probably be annoying but it would be great to know what ur Ukcat was when ever u feel like divulging the info...

I remember ur response at the Bart's page was ur Ukcat about 2980?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Huatah)
      if u survived the grilling well u have a great chance
      Yeah thanks man! it was crazy they spent half the interview at least grilling me on the article then realised that they had to ask other questions, so the atmosphere changed so quick from a heated debate to a chat

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hello101)
      Gutted to hear that... I hope u have heard some positive news from somewhere ........
      My condolence hugs ...
      Did they give a reason ...
      And this will probably be annoying but it would be great to know what ur Ukcat was when ever u feel like divulging the info...

I remember ur response at the Bart's page was ur Ukcat about 2980?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      They didn't even email me, just a track update. I was expecting it but not nice none the less!
      My ukcat was 2880

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LiSpi)
      They didn't even email me, just a track update. I was expecting it but not nice none the less!
      My ukcat was 2880
      So sorry mate

That's a good UKCAT though. What's your UCAS point?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by raveen789)
      Yeah thanks man! it was crazy they spent half the interview at least grilling me on the article then realised that they had to ask other questions, so the atmosphere changed so quick from a heated debate to a chat
      That's prob cos they've mostly decided by then

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.