The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
I used my mums march payslip, they accept that instead of a P60 normally:smile:

That's great, thanks for the help guys! X
For those of you starting Child Nursing at Surrey this year, I've created a facebook group! :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SurreyChildNursing2015/
I have just received an unconditional offer for hull uni and in accepting it:biggrin: is anyone else going there!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,
I am currently in the process of applying for the NHS bursary. I have received a conditional offer to study Nursing. The NHS bursary application requires you to enter in bank details, but I haven't opened a student bank account yet and I am only able to do so after my offer becomes unconditional after August Results 2015. By the time my offer becomes unconditional and I become eligible to apply for a student bank account, the deadline for the NHS Bursary will have passed. My question is, am I able to enter in a different bank account now in the application form and change the details once I have opened a student bank account?
Original post by Beni24
Hey guys,
I am currently in the process of applying for the NHS bursary. I have received a conditional offer to study Nursing. The NHS bursary application requires you to enter in bank details, but I haven't opened a student bank account yet and I am only able to do so after my offer becomes unconditional after August Results 2015. By the time my offer becomes unconditional and I become eligible to apply for a student bank account, the deadline for the NHS Bursary will have passed. My question is, am I able to enter in a different bank account now in the application form and change the details once I have opened a student bank account?

I didn't have a student account when i applied for my first year (in 2013) and just changed it once I did, just make sure you change your details before the placement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for Buckinghamshire new university ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone who has applied for their NHS bursary, can you help me out please?

I was asked to send evidence regarding my NHS Bursary, and it states that they want me to provide evidence of my residency for the last 3 year period.

'If you have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom throughout the three years preceding the prescribed date (the first day of the first academic year), please provide evidence of this residency for the three year period. For example, Council Tax Bill, Utility Bill, Tenancy Agreement, etc'

Does anyone know whether they want me to send a utility bill for each of the 3 years period that I have been resident in the UK. Also council tax bills and utility bills are all in my parents name, is this fine?
Original post by Beni24
To anyone who has applied for their NHS bursary, can you help me out please?

I was asked to send evidence regarding my NHS Bursary, and it states that they want me to provide evidence of my residency for the last 3 year period.

'If you have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom throughout the three years preceding the prescribed date (the first day of the first academic year), please provide evidence of this residency for the three year period. For example, Council Tax Bill, Utility Bill, Tenancy Agreement, etc'

Does anyone know whether they want me to send a utility bill for each of the 3 years period that I have been resident in the UK. Also council tax bills and utility bills are all in my parents name, is this fine?

I can't remember doing that so maybe phone them to ask what they accept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my unconditional for mental health at York today!!
Original post by Skrittles
Got my unconditional for mental health at York today!!

Congratulations!!! Well done!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophi12
I can't remember doing that so maybe phone them to ask what they accept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank you :smile:
Original post by Sophi12
I've just finished my first year of a Children's Nursing degree so if you have any questions, just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello

I have all my GCSE AND ALEVELS and applied for uni child nursing this year. I didnt get in and now i am super stressed if i am doing the right decision or not ....

Should i apply for adult, even though my heart is set on child??

Please can you hellp me

Im super stressed and just been worrying and crying about it cause i have asked people and they dont know and its creating a horrible pressurized situation
Original post by Becca335
Hello

I have all my GCSE AND ALEVELS and applied for uni child nursing this year. I didnt get in and now i am super stressed if i am doing the right decision or not ....

Please can you hellp me

Im super stressed and just been worrying and crying about it cause i have asked people and they dont know and its creating a horrible pressurized situation

I'm afraid this is something that you have to work out for yourself, we can't do it for you.
If your heart is set on Child, apply for Child.
Original post by lilibet01
I'm afraid this is something that you have to work out for yourself, we can't do it for you.
If your heart is set on Child, apply for Child.

I only asked for a little help, but no one seems to point me in the right direction and this hasn't even helped. Some people are understanding on here and others arent
Hello

Please can you hellp me

Hi Hun, I think you should apply for adult because there may be a slight chance that you can change course after your first year! But only a slim one however if you want then after you have done your adult degree you can take something else and go into child :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only asked for a little help, but no one seems to point me in the right direction and this hasn't even helped. Some people are understanding on here and others arent

I am understanding, and have answered several of your previous posts. But you need to realise that this is your decision and your decision only. You have told us you are getting some work experience in Child related fields which will strengthen your application. There is a PS section on TSR who can help you too. I still think that if you really want to do Child branch then stick with that decision. What no one can do is guarantee you a place or do it for you.
Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help me out regarding my NHS bursary. I am an non-uk and I've been asked to send in evidence of utility bills thats shows my residence in the past 3 years. My problem is that the utility bills are in my parents name. Is anyone else in the same situation? :smile:
Original post by Beni24
Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help me out regarding my NHS bursary. I am an non-uk and I've been asked to send in evidence of utility bills thats shows my residence in the past 3 years. My problem is that the utility bills are in my parents name. Is anyone else in the same situation? :smile:

I would phone them up if I was you. They are incredibly helpful. I think I called them about five times with different questions the first time I filled out my bursary form and each time they were lovely.
Original post by lilibet01
I would phone them up if I was you. They are incredibly helpful. I think I called them about five times with different questions the first time I filled out my bursary form and each time they were lovely.

Okay thank you :smile: I've still got to send off my evidence for student finance too, but I'll do that after i've done my NHS :smile:
To anyone who's applied for the NHS Bursary, did you do your NHS bursary first(sending evidence for them etc) or student finance first? I'm thinking of sending of my evidence for student bursary first because student finance are asking for me to send them evidence of my NHS bursary certificate with my other evidence. However I wont received my NHS bursary certificate until i've given them all the required documents and they've assessed it. So do you guys think it'll be more wiser to send off evidence to NHS bursary first? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending