Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    Yeah of course violin is hard, but grade 7 will be harder than grade 4. Sadly I only got a pass, however the examiner seemed to be a bit critical on the notes, he only said 1 or 2 bad things on my pieces and dropped like 8 marks on them, I was like what?! Oh well at least I got it anyway
    Yeah I like the saxaphone, but I really wanna learn the piano. I might get my friend to give me lessons as he is really good and I can pay him a little (but of course cheaper than real teachers). Oh wow so you are doing grade 8, Jesus please stop rubbing it in my face how bad I am
    A lot of my friends play violin and they aren't doing as high grades as woodwind players - grade 6 is the highest in my year (I think) and she's reeaaally good! Argh I hate it when examiners do that! They need to give reasons if they're going to take away so many marks!
    Yeah I really like piano, and it's so useful for other musicy things - especially for GCSE - did you take it? Aw yeah, that's handy!! Haha
    Sorry, I don't mean to :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, most people my age have around grade 6, but in my school pretty much everyone plays guitar. The orchestra is tiny, but in my new school it will be bigger, so that's good
    Yeah he said similar criticisms to my grade 3 exam, however I got a merit in that. I just don't understand it, they aren't in depth enough. I wish they typed it up or something and not put it on a scrap piece of paper.
    Nah I didn't take it for GCSE, don't know whether I regret it or not because it sounds a fair bit different to normal violin lessons, as you learn about different composers etc which I don't know if I would have liked enough to want to do the GCSE. Also the composition thing seems a bit tough, 10 hours to make it, I don't know whether I would have been able to make something good enough for an A or A*.
    Don't worry I don't mind you talking about it, kinda encourages me to work harder for my other grades, but I don't know how I will be able to fit it in with my A levels
    Yeah, we have a tiny music department, but looaads of musicians! So I'm in 5 different bands atm which is good yeah, it'll be much better with more people!
    Yeah! You can barely read their scribbles! Which exam board do you do?
    Yeah, it's very different, although we didn't have to know about composers etc.. I was on AQA and you did 2 performances, 2 compositions and a listening exam all of which I found rather fun
    What A levels are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    My stalker/fan/whatever likes to annoy people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I gathered that....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I hate the small music department in my current school, more people = better music (unless there's too many )
    My exam board is ABRSM what about you? Yeah it's so annoying trying to decipher what they say, harder than GCSEs
    I don't know the exam board for ours, I forgot most of them for the GCSEs I took :eek:
    I'm taking: Chemistry,maths,biology and economics. What about you? Music, music, music and music?
    Yep, I have to agree
    Yeah, I do ABRSM as well - I prefer them, except for the aural, it gets so hard!! D:
    Haha most of mine were AQA so it's easy to remember
    And no, would it surprise you that I'm dropping music? Haha I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths I took Economics GCSE and loved it! But we were the first year they offered it to and they don't currently offer A level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    Yep, I have to agree
    Yeah, I do ABRSM as well - I prefer them, except for the aural, it gets so hard!! D:
    Haha most of mine were AQA so it's easy to remember
    And no, would it surprise you that I'm dropping music? Haha I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths I took Economics GCSE and loved it! But we were the first year they offered it to and they don't currently offer A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh God I hate the aural, I can't sing at all so I always do bad, although in practice my teacher says I am pretty good
    Yeah same here but can't remember some of the other ones. I know Spanish is WJEC because it's a stupid exam board
    Oh wow, that's strange. There's someone in year 13 who is amazing at the Piano in my school and got an unconditional offer from a uni if he put it as his first option.
    Jeez they sound like though A levels, good luck
    I only decided I liked economics last year, after I decided to not do medicine at uni

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I hate the aural, I can't sing at all so I always do bad, although in practice my teacher says I am pretty good
    Yeah same here but can't remember some of the other ones. I know Spanish is WJEC because it's a stupid exam board
    Oh wow, that's strange. There's someone in year 13 who is amazing at the Piano in my school and got an unconditional offer from a uni if he put it as his first option.
    Jeez they sound like though A levels, good luck
    I only decided I liked economics last year, after I decided to not do medicine at uni
    Haha the sight singing part is the part I like best! xD
    I did WJEC ICT (compulsory) and it was soooooo boooring!!
    Woah, unconditional offers never fail to impress me!!
    Haha thanks you too! What are you expecting for GCSE?
    What are you thinking of doing at uni instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha the sight singing part is the part I like best! xD
    I did WJEC ICT (compulsory) and it was soooooo boooring!!
    Woah, unconditional offers never fail to impress me!!
    Haha thanks you too! What are you expecting for GCSE?
    What are you thinking of doing at uni instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    NOOO how could you like the singing part
    haha I didn't want to do ICT because everyone gets behind on it and has to go in over the holidays (although I had to for performing arts folder work )
    Yeah pretty impressive to get a pass straight to uni even if you get 3 Ds
    Hmm I am hoping for at least 3A*s and 8A's, but I will probably get something like 1A*, 8A's and 2 B's. What about you?
    Probably economics with something, so like maths and economics maybe, not sure yet. Haven't researched it enough yet to know what I want to do exactly. What about you? Something science based?

ReputationRep:
    NOOO how could you like the singing part
    haha I didn't want to do ICT because everyone gets behind on it and has to go in over the holidays (although I had to for performing arts folder work )
    Yeah pretty impressive to get a pass straight to uni even if you get 3 Ds
    Hmm I am hoping for at least 3A*s and 8A's, but I will probably get something like 1A*, 8A's and 2 B's. What about you?
    Probably economics with something, so like maths and economics maybe, not sure yet. Haven't researched it enough yet to know what I want to do exactly. What about you? Something science based?
    Haha because I like singing??!
    Yeah, I was alright coz I managed to get it all done in time, but I think some people got really low grades coz they didn't go back to finish :L
    We had the Berlin trip in the Easter hols (not exactly conveniently placed) so I didn't have much opportunity to go back in to finish anything (although I didn't really need to..)
    I got 2 A*s last year and I'm hoping for another 11 A*s this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a few As in there, especially in history! Eugh I hate history -.-
    Yeah, I'm not really sure yet, but I'd like to do something sciencey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha because I like singing??!
    Yeah, I was alright coz I managed to get it all done in time, but I think some people got really low grades coz they didn't go back to finish :L
    We had the Berlin trip in the Easter hols (not exactly conveniently placed) so I didn't have much opportunity to go back in to finish anything (although I didn't really need to..)
    I got 2 A*s last year and I'm hoping for another 11 A*s this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a few As in there, especially in history! Eugh I hate history -.-
    Yeah, I'm not really sure yet, but I'd like to do something sciencey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like singing but I suck at it (some may have heard my amazing singing yesterday
    Some people got low grades in my year because they didn't finish. I remember people asking for my friends work because they hadn't completed it all :eek:
    Wow a school trip in Easter, you should have been revising
    Good luck with your A*s, I could never have imagined getting 11A*'s, was hoping for at least all As
    I looove history, that's the one I may have gotten my A* in because I am pretty good at it imo
    Science is good, chemical engineering is pretty popular and gets a good job if you wanna do that

ReputationRep:
    I like singing but I suck at it (some may have heard my amazing singing yesterday
    Some people got low grades in my year because they didn't finish. I remember people asking for my friends work because they hadn't completed it all :eek:
    Wow a school trip in Easter, you should have been revising
    Good luck with your A*s, I could never have imagined getting 11A*'s, was hoping for at least all As
    I looove history, that's the one I may have gotten my A* in because I am pretty good at it imo
    Science is good, chemical engineering is pretty popular and gets a good job if you wanna do that
    Haha it's a shame I didn't
    There was a lad in my year who got disqualified for selling his coursework to another pupil! :O
    I know! I should have been! Although I did during the 26 hour bus journey and in the 2nd week and constantly from like Feb/Mar
    Thanks and good luck to you too!
    No no no no no I hate history too much to remember and I messed up the 2nd exam and nope it was horrible -.-
    Yeah I'm not sure which science I'd like to pursue yet, so I'll be considering everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha it's a shame I didn't
    There was a lad in my year who got disqualified for selling his coursework to another pupil! :O
    I know! I should have been! Although I did during the 26 hour bus journey and in the 2nd week and constantly from like Feb/Mar
    Thanks and good luck to you too!
    No no no no no I hate history too much to remember and I messed up the 2nd exam and nope it was horrible -.-
    Yeah I'm not sure which science I'd like to pursue yet, so I'll be considering everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You would have loved my singing, It is amazingggggggg
    Wow, my friend was lucky he didn't get disqualified :eek:
    You will probably still do better than other people like me anyway
    Ah I'm sure you did fine, history isn't that hard, and by the sounds of it you are really clever
    Hopefully your school will give you some guidance as to what career choices there are
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelPhys)
    I swear everyone hates me here. If you guys don't want me here, I'll just leave. Lol . Soo mean.
    Aww, Angelina!! Sorry! Although you do ask to be disliked sometimes though. Offense kind of intended, sorry. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    Go forth and multiply you little moron, stop saying lol every single sentence. Stop saying heskey, you watch KSI so you must be year 9 or 10. LEAVE YOU MUG
    thx m8

ReputationRep:
    I don't intend to fight with him, he just loves to bring me into things claiming I bullied him...
    Tbh next time he quotes you or gets you involved in a post just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    You would have loved my singing, It is amazingggggggg
    Wow, my friend was lucky he didn't get disqualified :eek:
    You will probably still do better than other people like me anyway
    Ah I'm sure you did fine, history isn't that hard, and by the sounds of it you are really clever
    Hopefully your school will give you some guidance as to what career choices there are
    I am sure I would have! xD
    Yeah, although I don't think he really cared as it was a compulsory subject and I'm not sure many really liked it..!
    I like history itself, and like learning about it etc, but I didn't like the lessons or the exams or the revision haha tooo maany woordss
    Yeah, I'm sure they will, I mean, the have been already for like the last 2/3 years! We have JED (Job Explorer Database) and had careers lessons instead of PSHE at the end of Year 10... I think we have the same in sixth form instead of citizenship of something... Do you ever like randomly have to go to forms instead of a lesson to do citizenship, or is that just us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thread re-opened.

Year 12 thread is up: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2721578

ReputationRep:
      Back from holiday and the thing I look most forward to is that I can finally poop in my own toilet. Say what?!! Lol.

ReputationRep:
      I am sure I would have! xD
      Yeah, although I don't think he really cared as it was a compulsory subject and I'm not sure many really liked it..!
      I like history itself, and like learning about it etc, but I didn't like the lessons or the exams or the revision haha tooo maany woordss
      Yeah, I'm sure they will, I mean, the have been already for like the last 2/3 years! We have JED (Job Explorer Database) and had careers lessons instead of PSHE at the end of Year 10... I think we have the same in sixth form instead of citizenship of something... Do you ever like randomly have to go to forms instead of a lesson to do citizenship, or is that just us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I quite like history lessons, but it really depends on what topic we are learning, modern history is really interesting to me, but I couldn't really care less about tudor England etc. Also I didn't actually do a huge amount of revision for history, just went over my notes and stuff ensuring I knew the dates of things
      Nah, the only lesson we have where we might do something like that is L2L (learn to learn) but it's basically a sit off lesson and I only used it to do Spanish homework on the same day and to revise when exams were coming up. Although we did have some kind of careers meeting and things like that sometimes happen, but I never got a date for mine and couldn't be bothered chasing it up because they probably wouldn't have told me anything new from what other people said about it.

ReputationRep:
      I quite like history lessons, but it really depends on what topic we are learning, modern history is really interesting to me, but I couldn't really care less about tudor England etc. Also I didn't actually do a huge amount of revision for history, just went over my notes and stuff ensuring I knew the dates of things
      Nah, the only lesson we have where we might do something like that is L2L (learn to learn) but it's basically a sit off lesson and I only used it to do Spanish homework on the same day and to revise when exams were coming up. Although we did have some kind of careers meeting and things like that sometimes happen, but I never got a date for mine and couldn't be bothered chasing it up because they probably wouldn't have told me anything new from what other people said about it.
      Yeah, I much prefer modern history as well
      Ah yeah, another school in my area (actually my catchment school but I don't go) does L2L. We don't have PSHE in sixth form, just years 10&11, but we will have random citizenship lessons - in fact, this year we had one in x half's last maths lesson before exams -.-
      Haha, yeah, we had so many assemblies on careers and after year 11 that we were all really sick of it by the time exams came around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.