Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Assalaamu 'alaykum, welcome to the ISoc!!!

The forum is for the purposes of debate - Islam is most often the subject of debate. Stick to this thread inshaAllah.
    Walaikumasalaam

It's not a very nice place; a lot of hate.
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Hi and welcome to ISOC.
    Hi and thank you
    (Original post by ko111)
    Hey welcome to the Islamic Society!

yep very we have many bigots on tsr but just ignore those kind of people and their threads.

np it's funny throughout lol.
    Hi and thank you!

I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    I study that book... I can ask my teacher what it means if thatmuslimguy can quote the hadith number
    It'll be of great benefit inshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Nice to see a fellow United fan

Welcome!
    We're everywhere. Best club!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Could you explain this a litttle bit?
    When you say AsalamuAlaikum - You get ten good deeds.

When you say AsalamuAlaikum Warahmatullah - You get 20 good deeds.

When you say AsalamuAlaikum Waramatullahi Wa Barakatu - You get 30 good deeds.

Its is importance to give salaam when leaving a gathering just as it is important when joining a gathering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    I study that book... I can ask my teacher what it means if thatmuslimguy can quote the hadith number

ReputationRep:
    The Dunya ᴴᴰ - Brother Mohammad Hoblos

ReputationRep:
    Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up -Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA)

ReputationRep:
    True believers always have two things on their lips: silence & a smile. Smile to solve the problems & silence to avoid the problems.

ReputationRep:
    Learning to accept yourself with all your shortcomings and imperfections will make you less judgmental of others. You will be able to be more tolerant and respectful of people even if they are not your ideological clones.Quran says : He grants wisdom to whom He pleases; and whoever is granted wisdom is indeed given a great wealth (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:269)

ReputationRep:
    "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek
    Him in order to find her"

ReputationRep:
    "And women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" [Surah An-
    Nur :26]

ReputationRep:
    ‎"Arrest your thoughts, they become your ideas, arrests your ideas, they become your desires, arrest your desires, it becomes your actions, and arrest your actions, they become your habits." -Ibn Qayyim-mashalah Allhu Akbar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    When you say AsalamuAlaikum - You get ten good deeds.

When you say AsalamuAlaikum Warahmatullah - You get 20 good deeds.

When you say AsalamuAlaikum Waramatullahi Wa Barakatu - You get 30 good deeds.

Its is importance to give salaam when leaving a gathering just as it is important when joining a gathering.
    That's beautiful, glad you clarified that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek
    Him in order to find her"
    That would be a fun marriage

ReputationRep:
    Al-Ghazali, may Allah have mercy on him, said:

لكننا نعنى بالمصلحة المحافظة على مقصود الشرع ومقصود الشرع من الخلق خمسة وهو أن يحفظ عليهم دينهم وأنفسهم وعقلهم ونسلهم ومالهم فكل ما يتضمن حفظ هذه الأصول الخمسة فهو مصلحة وكل ما يفوت هذه الأصول الخمسة فهو مفسدة

Welfare which we mean here is the protection of the objectives of the Sharia. Namely, the objectives of the Sharia are five in creation: the protection of religion, life, intellect, family relations, and property. Everything that advances the protection of these five fundamentals is considered benefit, and everything which fails to protect these five fundamentals is considered corruption.

Source:
    Al-Mustasfa min Ilm al-Usul 287

Ibn Mas’ud reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, tell the story of a prophet who was beaten by his people and he wiped the blood from his face, saying:
    رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِقَوْمِي فَإِنَّهُمْ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ
    My Lord, forgive my people for they do not know.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6530, Grade:
    Muttafaqun Alayhi

An-Nawawi comments on this narration, saying:

فِيهِ مَا كَانُوا عَلَيْهِ صَلَوَاتُ اللَّهِ وَسَلَامُهُ عَلَيْهِمْ مِنَ الْحِلْمِ وَالتَّصَبُّرِ وَالْعَفْوِ وَالشَّفَقَةِ عَلَى قَوْمِهِمْ وَدُعَائِهِمْ لَهُمْ بِالْهِدَايَةِ وَالْغُفْرَانِ وَعُذْرِهِمْ فِي جِنَايَتِهِمْ عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ بِأَنَّهُمْ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

In this is what the prophets, peace and blessings be upon them, were upon of forbearance, patience, forgiveness, and compassion for their people, their supplications for them to receive guidance and to be forgiven, and that they should be excused for their sins because they did not know.
    Source: Sharh Sahih Muslim 1792

ReputationRep:

:ahee:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Isoc is very quiet. Oh well, my chance to become top poster :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I recently came across this hadith:

Abu Salama reported:
    I used to see dreams (and was so much perturbed) that I began to quiver and have temperature, but did not cover myself with a mantle. I met Abu Qatada and made a mention of that to him. He said: I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: A good vision comes from Allah and a (bad) dream (hulm) from devil. So when one of you sees a bad dream (hulm) which he does not like, he should spit on his left side thrice and seek refuge with Allah from its evil; then it will not harm him.

Muslim 2261a

The spitting sounds a bit like superstitious stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positron.)
    I recently came across this hadith:

Abu Salama reported:
    I used to see dreams (and was so much perturbed) that I began to quiver and have temperature, but did not cover myself with a mantle. I met Abu Qatada and made a mention of that to him. He said: I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: A good vision comes from Allah and a (bad) dream (hulm) from devil. So when one of you sees a bad dream (hulm) which he does not like, he should spit on his left side thrice and seek refuge with Allah from its evil; then it will not harm him.

Muslim 2261a

The spitting sounds a bit like superstitious stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty nasty too. :puke: Who actually spits, in their own house?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.