Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenOfKeys)
    Hi guys,
    I have just sent of my pre-employment checks and waiting to hear back. Does anyone know roughly how long they take? And what do the references involve as I had to give a 3 year history which was different to what was asked for in the original application?
    Thanks
    What did you have to do for your checks and what did you have to give for the 3 year history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyr_)
    What did you have to do for your checks and what did you have to give for the 3 year history?
    It was a DBS form, a pension form, and references. They asked for full 3 years of education, employment and unemployment. I was surprised by this as they only asked for two references that had to know you for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    It was a DBS form, a pension form, and references. They asked for full 3 years of education, employment and unemployment. I was surprised by this as they only asked for two references that had to know you for 3 years.
    Oh right so will they contact your previous education/employment or just your references and do you know what information they want from them or do they just want to know what you've been doing the past few years

ReputationRep:
    Oh right so will they contact your previous education/employment or just your references and do you know what information they want from them or do they just want to know what you've been doing the past few years
    I don't know, that's what I was trying to find out in my original post :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meran29)
    Anyone got nadines email as I had received an email from someone called nebojsa in September and was told I would hear back by end of September regardless if I have been put into a role or not.

I had been told this too but have just been told we have to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren457)
    I had been told this too but have just been told we have to wait
    Have you spoken to someone today? I read on here Nadine is off on Fridays. So if we hear nothing today I presume that's another wait till Monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richwillturner)
    Have you spoken to someone today? I read on here Nadine is off on Fridays. So if we hear nothing today I presume that's another wait till Monday...
    No I haven't heard anything it's not fair at all, it's not well organised

ReputationRep:
    I presume they'll just check your history is true as they'd require permission to get any personal info from previous employers etc so I imagine it's just to check it's accurate and any information about you will be given by your references

ReputationRep:
    Ah right so will they want my attendance records from college or will they just talk to me about it
    Once you have filled out the forms they call you should you have any major health issues

ReputationRep:
    Hi the whole vetting process in my case has taken almost 4 months. With me they wanted a full 10 year history . Even though its all done now i still haven't received a start date. Dont hold your breath. If you have just been given a place chances are you won't be starting before December. They check every single detail....and then they have to wait for info from hmrc and tax. Its a long process but then again it could just be me!! They only contact your references not your college or workplace. And all they ask is how much time you have had off, your work ethics ect. Hope this helps you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine7863)
    Hi the whole vetting process in my case has taken almost 4 months. With me they wanted a full 10 year history . Even though its all done now i still haven't received a start date. Dont hold your breath. If you have just been given a place chances are you won't be starting before December. They check every single detail....and then they have to wait for info from hmrc and tax. Its a long process but then again it could just be me!! They only contact your references not your college or workplace. And all they ask is how much time you have had off, your work ethics ect. Hope this helps you!
    So it sounds like they just trust you to say how much time you've had off if they only contact your references?

ReputationRep:
    I know it's easy to say but try not to stress out too much. Even though it is dragging out, I'm sure that they won't won't to let any of you down. I knew way back in July that I had a place and I'm only starting now, so it has taken a while and I wasn't on the reserve list! I was as stressed as you all were too as I had turned down a really good university place with very little in written confirmation of the fast track offer. Health checks are standard and nothing too probing. Three year history will mean school/college and any part time jobs etc. just be honest, tell them what they need to know and it will be ok. If you've bunked off college for months, you might have an issue though! I reckon you will all get a place so try not to worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee queen)
    I know it's easy to say but try not to stress out too much. Even though it is dragging out, I'm sure that they won't won't to let any of you down. I knew way back in July that I had a place and I'm only starting now, so it has taken a while and I wasn't on the reserve list! I was as stressed as you all were too as I had turned down a really good university place with very little in written confirmation of the fast track offer. Health checks are standard and nothing too probing. Three year history will mean school/college and any part time jobs etc. just be honest, tell them what they need to know and it will be ok. If you've bunked off college for months, you might have an issue though! I reckon you will all get a place so try not to worry too much.
    Hhah nothing like bunking off I had a bad spell of health over my a levels so I was wondering if they'd get my attendance records from college that's all

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't heard anything it's not fair at all, it's not well organised
    I guess it's another weekend we are going to have to pass before we get contacted. Unless Nadine decides to pass on some of her work to someone who does work on a Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-95)
    I guess it's another weekend we are going to have to pass before we get contacted. Unless Nadine decides to pass on some of her work to someone who does work on a Friday.
    Yep. Another weekend of not knowing. I'm not holding my breath for good news anymore.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently in a role on the CSFTA and speaking to my HE Lead I understand that the idea will be to take as many as possible from the reserve list and know that a few positions in my dpt will be opening up.

I genuinely think they want to try and get everyone on and so don't loose hope!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything today?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything today?
    Not a thing. It's coming up to 2 months since I've been contacted by anyone. Joke.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, I wouldn't be surprised if they get back to us towards the end of the week to be honest :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richwillturner)
    Not a thing. It's coming up to 2 months since I've been contacted by anyone. Joke.
    Have you been offered a place or are you still waiting to hear back?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.