Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzyfitzgerald;[url="tel:62153759")
    62153759[/url]]January 11th, you?
    Have you done your assessment at kings college university? What was the maths test like xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Male nurses rock)
    Hi, I got an offer from Northumbria for Sept 2016, can`t wait to get stuck in.
    Hi, I have an interview on the 1st Feb for adult nursing in Northumbria and I'm so nervous for the group interview. I was wondering if you can give me any tips and tell me how it went?as I really want to get this! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I've just received my first invite for Kings which I really want to get into and would like some advice on the math's test and interview please granted I pass the first stage lol. Any help would be great!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have an interview on Feb 1st in Northumbria for adult nursing and am so nervous about this process with the group interview etc. Has anyone had their interview yet so I could get some tips?
    Thanks, Shannon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat3001)
    Love seeing everyone getting their offers!

Today I withdrew my applications to City, LSBU and Surrey and firmed KCL with Kingston as my insurance.

I can't believe I got the chance to take my pick from all five! I'm 34 with 3 kids and no experience in nursing whatsoeve, just tons of passion for a worthwhile career. I honestly never imagined I'd do it. This time last year I hadn't even signed up to my access course and now I actually have a place at uni.

Hope everyone else that's waiting on decisions hears back soon. I can't wait until September.
    Thats same as me lol im almost 32, 3 kids and in the last few months of acess course, ive had offers from all four i had interviews at, its a great feeling, see its never too late hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Kings college university nursing numercy test please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclecticfemale)
    Hi Everyone,

I've just received my first invite for Kings which I really want to get into and would like some advice on the math's test and interview please granted I pass the first stage lol. Any help would be great!

Thanks
    I haven't had my interview yet but I passed the maths and English test. Honestly the maths test is fine, they have practise papers on the website and you're allowed to use a calculator so it's even better! The biggest issue is the English test, because it's hard to write that much in 20 minutes (the pass mark is 12/15 for each paper). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannonmcn8)
    Hi all, I have an interview on Feb 1st in Northumbria for adult nursing and am so nervous about this process with the group interview etc. Has anyone had their interview yet so I could get some tips?
    Thanks, Shannon
    Hi Shannon, I had an interview at Northumbria on 7th December I got an offer for March 17. I really enjoyed the day of the interview it was so relaxed. For the literacy test we watched a video and then write about how the nhs values were implemented in the video. For the group interview I would just say have a look on nursing times for recent things that are going on with the nhs and future nurses and also the 6 Cs. It really isn't bad at all my individual was 10 minutes long maybe by even 10 minutes.
    Good luck with your interview hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ettaxo)
    Hiya, I've had an interview for Brighton! My advice is to just go over why you want it be a nurse and be aware of the 6 C's. It's an MMI and all the interviewers are so lovely and very encouraging, you'll be fine!
    Hey, thanks for replying and the adivce! Hopfully my day will go well and I will get nice interviewers Hope your interview went well too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSMITH33)
    Hi, I have an interview for Bournemouth uni for adult nursing Thursday next week. I am feeling nervous as not sure what to expect I know they do a group discussion and face to face interview just wondering what kind of questions to expect if anyone has already had their interviews :// Also does anyone know if you do a maths and English test at Bouremouth uni or not ? Thanks all )
    I have my Bournemouth interview the same day! We may end up passing each at some point during the day Good luck at the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_llyn)
    I applied to York as well for adult nursing, and have still yet to here anything back! Don't worry - you're not on your own!! x
    I applied to York in November and only heard back a few weeks a go, so don't worry they take their time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanamalcolm)
    has anyone heard back from UWS that has done a testing session? waiting nervously to find out if I have an interview for adult nursing! not heard back from GCU or Stirling yet though
    Hi I was at the testing and not heard back also waiting to hear from GCU checking my emails every 5 mins lol

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: getting annoyed from these unis now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've still not heard from UWS and everyone's getting the maths and English test done..argghhh ( :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who had an interview at dmu last week heard anything back from them? Nervously waiting haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly.ann98)
    Hi Shannon, I had an interview at Northumbria on 7th December I got an offer for March 17. I really enjoyed the day of the interview it was so relaxed. For the literacy test we watched a video and then write about how the nhs values were implemented in the video. For the group interview I would just say have a look on nursing times for recent things that are going on with the nhs and future nurses and also the 6 Cs. It really isn't bad at all my individual was 10 minutes long maybe by even 10 minutes.
    Good luck with your interview hope this helps !
    Which branch have you received an offer for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyA95)
    I have my Bournemouth interview the same day! We may end up passing each at some point during the day Good luck at the interview!
    Ah awesome, there isn't a maths or English test is there? what time are you going mine is at 12:45, have you had any other interviews at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hipposcribble)
    Hiya, yes, i have an interview with them next month
    Hi, Im getting worried as an admissions tutor has told me I will be having an interview but I haven't recieved an official invite yet so... I might ring up x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSMITH33)
    Ah awesome, there isn't a maths or English test is there? what time are you going mine is at 12:45, have you had any other interviews at all?
    As far as I'm aware there are no maths or English tests- last time I checked on their website it said that we will have a group interview and an individual interview which apparently shouldn't be very long. I have the same time slot! No other interviews yet, my first one is tomorrow at Canterbury Christ Church. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyA95)
    As far as I'm aware there are no maths or English tests- last time I checked on their website it said that we will have a group interview and an individual interview which apparently shouldn't be very long. I have the same time slot! No other interviews yet, my first one is tomorrow at Canterbury Christ Church. What about you?

Yeah group and face to face, nervous for it :/ I've heard that it is a relaxed atmosphere as I've spoken to someone who has already had their interview so fingers crossed. Mine is at the Lasdowne campus on Christchurch road

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.