Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In 2015, i applied to surrey, nottingham and canterbury christchurch to study adult nursing, after interviews nottingham took 2 weeks to reject me but canterbury took 4 weeks to make me a conditional offer. However surrey took just 2 days! (Which i accepted) from what ive heard from other ppl on my course, most ppl heard back within a week

ReputationRep:
    If you are a non-Scots applicant applying to a Scottish Uni, just be aware that they tend to process/offer to Scottish applicants first. This may be why you are not getting fast responses - they are just holding your application until after the UCAS deadline before they make a decision.

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    If you are a non-Scots applicant applying to a Scottish Uni, just be aware that they tend to process/offer to Scottish applicants first. This may be why you are not getting fast responses - they are just holding your application until after the UCAS deadline before they make a decision.
    Ah, that makes sense - I've noticed everyone seems to being waiting on Scottish universities.

Come on, Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahI15)
    English Language & Linguistics! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Geography

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Scottish applicant and I've been waiting for over 2 months!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Nottingham and Durham for Law, I'll be so upset if I'm rejected because they are my second and first choices respectively

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Sheffield, Liverpool and Leicester... But I got an unconditional today which numbed the waiting-game-pain a bit :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    Geography
    Awesome, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My son has his offers from Stafford and Plymouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    Has anybody applied to Cardiff, Kent, Leicester, Swansea or Sheffield (for English Lit)? I applied during christmas holidays and haven't heard back from any of them yet
    I applied to Kent for English & American Lit and Film (28 Dec) and also haven't heard back yet! Surrey is the only choice I've heard back from so far, though I only got my offer yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahI15)
    Awesome, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    I applied to Kent for English & American Lit and Film (28 Dec) and also haven't heard back yet! Surrey is the only choice I've heard back from so far, though I only got my offer yesterday
    I applied on 26 December I hope they'll get back to you soon! What other unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    KCL replied to me within two days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    I applied on 26 December I hope they'll get back to you soon! What other unis have you applied to?
    Not far off at all haha, wonder who Kent'll respond to first Do you know which uni you might firm? Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now

I also applied to Reading, Dundee, and Liverpool. It was incredibly unexpected seeing a change on my Track lol, I was so used to logging in and not seeing any new updates xD my expression was literally --> :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    Not far off at all haha, wonder who Kent'll respond to first Do you know which uni you might firm? Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now

I also applied to Reading, Dundee, and Liverpool. It was incredibly unexpected seeing a change on my Track lol, I was so used to logging in and not seeing any new updates xD my expression was literally --> :eek:
    Hopefully they'll reply to both of us on the same day
    Nice, yeah I can imagine, the wait is quite painful...

I don't know yet, but either Sheffield or Cardiff would probably my first choice if they gave me an offer What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UCL, King's University London, Warwick, Essex and City College London two days ago for Psychology. What do you know about their response? Should I expect it soon or will I have to wait longer?

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from Edinburgh Napier within a day for Psychology but I'm still waiting on Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow Cale and QMU. Apparently for the rest I will hear back by 31st March but that's so far awaaaay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanadriana)
    I applied to UCL, King's University London, Warwick, Essex and City College London two days ago for Psychology. What do you know about their response? Should I expect it soon or will I have to wait longer?
    Because this is the last week before the UCAS deadline, all the Universities will get a tidal wave of applications. It will take them a while to climb out from under this heap, so it will naturally take longer to get any decisions out.

ReputationRep:
    Because this is the last week before the UCAS deadline, all the Universities will get a tidal wave of applications. It will take them a while to climb out from under this heap, so it will naturally take longer to get any decisions out.
    I applied in October, and I'm still waiting for KCL and Warwick...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    I applied in October, and I'm still waiting for KCL and Warwick...
    Then you are probably a middle range scoring applicant and they are waiting until they have all applications in to see where you rank against others.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.