Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsthomas1)
    AH that's such a shame. Just think that if you struggled, so did others. And you honestly never know what they wanted! Up and onto the next
    That's certainly true - thanks. I will cling on to a sliver of hope until I receive confirmation of the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab;[url="tel:65900792")
    65900792[/url]]That's certainly true - thanks. I will cling on to a sliver of hope until I receive confirmation of the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me know how it goes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    Just had a complete car crash of an interview, I suppose sometimes the questions just don't go in your favour. There's no purpose to this post I just really needed to vent! Anyone else come out an interview this season wishing they could just disappear into the floor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Had an interview so bad last year it was almost an out of body experience. I will never forget it and there is no worse feeling at this stage so I really sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenAteNine;[url="tel:65901500")
    65901500[/url]]Okay, this is spooky - me too!

Today was a second round at a dream set - had a pre-prepped advocacy exercise and it went so, so badly. The worst part was afterwards they asked me how I thought it went... I was honest with them and then had to sit there for a further 20 minutes of questions.

If anyone wants me, I'll be under a duvet watching Orange is the New Black and eating my weight in chocolate.
    Haha that is exactly what I'm doing right now! Caramel chocolate and OITNB is the cure.

ReputationRep:
    Invictus 2nd round out via email. Genuinely the friendliest first round interview I've had to date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannii)
    Anyone who has had their first round at 2HC, give tips and hints on what to expect and what legal topic they'll be asking us about? Can't think of anything..
    Just my view but I don't think it is fair to answer this given interviews were last week and are all of next week. It will disadvantage those who have not yet heard whether they have been successful or not. You interviewed there last year so have an idea what to expect already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivalasvegas2015)
    Just my view but I don't think it is fair to answer this.
    Not only is it potentially unfair but more importantly it is quite unlikely anyone will be willing to answer since the asker would be in direct competition with the answerer.... So don't get hopes up for a response!

The asker might be better off asking for advice from previous years' interviewees but perhaps only before the start of all interviews.

It also could be against the protocol of the set, e.g. I did an interview and at the end they required me to hand in the problem and all of my notes, accordingly if they found I was giving advice to other candidates, even only on a hypothetical level, I doubt they would be very impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusicfrench)

The asker might be better off asking for advice from previous years' interviewees but perhaps only before the start of all interviews.
    This poster already interviewed there last year so perhaps has an advantage already, albeit a fair one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    Just had a complete car crash of an interview, I suppose sometimes the questions just don't go in your favour. There's no purpose to this post I just really needed to vent! Anyone else come out an interview this season wishing they could just disappear into the floor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try to remember that it is a matter of perspective, and it may not have been as you expect. They are often tough to test you, and you probably aren't the only person to have come out feeling that way. I recall that I thought the same about two interviews, which were the first and second round respectively at the set in which I am currently undertaking pupillage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advocatus)
    Try to remember that it is a matter of perspective, and it may not have been as you expect. They are often tough to test you, and you probably aren't the only person to have come out feeling that way. I recall that I thought the same about two interviews, which were the first and second round respectively at the set in which I am currently undertaking pupillage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I think that's definitely true in terms of perspective - it's so easy to self analyse your own answers and performance (especially on the train home when all the amazing things you could have said are popping into your head). It's also good to know you had some success after feeling to same way! Perhaps there's hope for me yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    KBW interview yesterday- just checked the gateway and changed to unsuccessful but no email. That was quick!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any experience of a first round at Drystone? I know someone posted this question earlier but I couldn't find any responses- hoping the advocacy exercise will be a bail hearing or a plea in mitigation but any tips would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone have any advice for 3PB interviews? I'm on my way down for one this afternoon and they don't appear to have the pupillage policy on their website (although general info is on the gateway advert).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_fairy91)
    KBW interview yesterday- just checked the gateway and changed to unsuccessful but no email. That was quick!
    I've had the unsuccessful email now too, have you? Crazy quick!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from 6 Pump Court after that bizarre 'save the day' email? If interviews are taking place on Saturday 25th, I guess they must tell us asap.

Keeping the date free isn't enough, I need to book my train to London (and possibly hotel if it is a 9am interview) - I can't do that without knowing if I have been given an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupillageFun)
    I've had the unsuccessful email now too, have you? Crazy quick!
    which KBW are you both talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pupillageseeker0)
    Anyone heard from 6 Pump Court after that bizarre 'save the day' email? If interviews are taking place on Saturday 25th, I guess they must tell us asap.

Keeping the date free isn't enough, I need to book my train to London (and possibly hotel if it is a 9am interview) - I can't do that without knowing if I have been given an interview.
    Nothing yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by third time lucky)
    which KBW are you both talking about?
    At a guess KBW which is a chambers in Leeds.

All the other KBWs are known by their full address.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First interviews out for Harcourt Chambers (by personalised gateway email) although no gateway change yet!

This is my first pupillage interview so any tips from anyone would be massively appreciated!

Can't quite believe I've finally got an interview so keep checking my emails for the email saying they have made a mistake!

ReputationRep:
    Personalised gateway email with rejection from 5SAH post-first round.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.