Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    All my checks seem to have been done though
    I'd get on the phone pronto and find out what they want then. You don't want to delay any further. I'm sure it's not anything bad if your checks have completed Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    I'd get on the phone pronto and find out what they want then. You don't want to delay any further. I'm sure it's not anything bad if your checks have completed Good luck.
    Just called up and they've told me my checks went through yesterday and they will be in contact soon... the lady was telling me a different story before, then she actually checked my details properly after I questioned something lol. Why don't they just go into your record the moment they know who you are, so that they can give you the best advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Just called up and they've told me my checks went through yesterday and they will be in contact soon... the lady was telling me a different story before, then she actually checked my details properly after I questioned something lol. Why don't they just go into your record the moment they know who you are, so that they can give you the best advice.
    Well that doesn't surprise me but I'm glad you're getting nearer to your formal offer! I feel there is some light at the end of the very long tunnel we have been in haha

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else still not had an email since the acceptance one back in September? For the 1320/16 campaign and i applied for London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    I've just had a call asking me to take my passport & a utility bill in to Nottingham HMRC again as they weren't photocopied properly. I mean seriously. It's not a tough job is it! I've now got to waste my leave again going over there. Not pleased!! BUT it's some sort of progress, in a fashion.
    I received a similar call this morning and have to reproduce most of what I have already given them at interview

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here a bit worried about whether they are capable to do the job? I come from a completely different background and have no knowledge or experience in tax but am so eager to learn and am excited for this new career path. I'm confident that I have what it takes but it's all so new to me! If they've offered me the job then surely they feel it's something I can achieve. I hope they support and train us well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11222333abc)
    Is anyone here a bit worried about whether they are capable to do the job? I come from a completely different background and have no knowledge or experience in tax but am so eager to learn and am excited for this new career path. I'm confident that I have what it takes but it's all so new to me! If they've offered me the job then surely they feel it's something I can achieve. I hope they support and train us well
    I feel exactly the same and am in the exact same position. The only thing I have done is an accounting element to business studies and that was ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I understand the nerves,I wouldn't worry too much hun. It's completely different to anything I have done but a good friend does the job which is a grade below this one and it sounds brilliant. Super flexible and the learning / studying towards the qualifications can be done at home too. There will be lots of us in the same boat so I have no doubt your (our) new colleagues will be super supportive :-)

ReputationRep:
    From what I gather you are very well supported until you're reasonably comfortable with the job. A lot of people will not have experience in the area but if it was complex enough to require it they would have it as essential criteria for the posts and would probably be asking for specific A-Levels, ie. Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-Dulge)
    has anybody else received an email stating the results for the 042R campaign have been postponed until w/c 1/11/16?
    Yes, ive had the same email

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Ive just joined the forum having been using it to keep updated since last September when i applied for the job. This was the only source of infomation really. Its good to see other people in the same position as myself although I do hope it will be all sorted for everyone soon.

I applied for the Liverpool office and was put on the reservation list in January and heard nothing till August when i got the provisional offer through. I then got the next steps and medical things through on the 11th of Sept and since then have heard nothing. Its frustrating process. Anyone else going for Liverpool or heard anything back simce the 11th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    You are supported. However the training when you fuys start is going to bebe MUCH MUCH shorterthan ours. It is going to be harder.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks DeltaGuy, SimplymeKaty & HammerThyme. Really reassuring to know others will be in the same boat when we start. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racso)
    Hi

Ive just joined the forum having been using it to keep updated since last September when i applied for the job. This was the only source of infomation really. Its good to see other people in the same position as myself although I do hope it will be all sorted for everyone soon.

I applied for the Liverpool office and was put on the reservation list in January and heard nothing till August when i got the provisional offer through. I then got the next steps and medical things through on the 11th of Sept and since then have heard nothing. Its frustrating process. Anyone else going for Liverpool or heard anything back simce the 11th?

I was in exactly the same boat. BUT, since 11 September, I had an email from HMRC asking if I still wanted the job, to which I replied yes. I then had to take my ID documents again to Imperial House (Liverpool). Apparently, there were about 30 of us producing documents on that day. When I asked how long before a formal offer would be made, the guy basically said no time soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was in same boat, received email yesterday saying pre employment checks are complete and vacancy holder will be in touch soon. Not holding my breath!
    (Original post by Racso)
    Hi

Hi I was in the same position, but received email yesterday saying my pre employment checks are complete and the vacancy holder will be in touch soon. My dbs came in the post today and I have had an email saying I need to forward it to HMRC. Still none the wiser as to how long until a formal offer is given though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)
    For 1320 it's still DBS for Belfast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is 1320 internal? Because the rest of us applying for Belfast via TSP2016 (background checks complete) had to complete the usual AccessNI application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    Is 1320 internal? Because the rest of us applying for Belfast via TSP2016 (background checks complete) had to complete the usual AccessNI application.
    No external. They have obviously changed it recently though because for campaign 159 I also have an access NI check ongoing, 1320 DBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lualf)
    Yes, ive had the same email
    do you know anyone whos gotten any rejections yet from the internal 042r campaign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal139)
    Hi, I was in same boat, received email yesterday saying pre employment checks are complete and vacancy holder will be in touch soon. Not holding my breath!
    Is yours for Liverpool? Hopefully i will get the same soon too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagoro1)
    I was in exactly the same boat. BUT, since 11 September, I had an email from HMRC asking if I still wanted the job, to which I replied yes. I then had to take my ID documents again to Imperial House (Liverpool). Apparently, there were about 30 of us producing documents on that day. When I asked how long before a formal offer would be made, the guy basically said no time soon.
    That has me slightly worried that i havent been asked to go back and produce anything haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.