Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon Mitchell Goldman would pass the Barclays insight tests? Is that the kind of fit they are looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Do Citi screen before sending the tests? How long does this normally take and how long do you have to complete the tests once they eventually come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i) Yes
    ii) It took 3 days for me
    iii) 5 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Don't have access to a computer? You should apply to Barclays as they love their emerging market sh*t during their application process. You will do well seeing as you evidently already live in one.
    Ohohoh, what a bright remark - this has made me give up the discussion!

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon Mitchell Goldman would pass the Barclays insight tests? Is that the kind of fit they are looking for?
    I wonder if Jes Staley was interviewed with all his CV and prior experience blinded and whether he also had to sit a series of insight tests to judge his fit for the role...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    i) Yes
    ii) It took 3 days for me
    iii) 5 days
    If I am applying for the same role but st multiple levels (full-time, off-cycle and summer), will I have to sit the same test three times or will they just send me one test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloo)
    Ohohoh, what a bright remark - this has made me give up the discussion!
    If u don't have access to a computer how are u writing all this?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for Barclays video interview?

ReputationRep:
    If I am applying for the same role but st multiple levels (full-time, off-cycle and summer), will I have to sit the same test three times or will they just send me one test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is sth I am wondering as well, I applied for the same role at 2 levels, but so far got numerical test for only one. Btw, how you updated your cover letter for 2nd/3rd applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    That is sth I am wondering as well, I applied for the same role at 2 levels, but so far got numerical test for only one. Btw, how you updated your cover letter for 2nd/3rd applications?
    Literally just changing the role title on my covering letter and anything on it that was role-specific (about when I am available to start for off-cycle etc.)

I don't see a reason to change the firm-specific or me-specific part of it so it looks extremely similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally just changing the role title on my covering letter and anything on it that was role-specific (about when I am available to start for off-cycle etc.)

I don't see a reason to change the firm-specific or me-specific part of it so it looks extremely similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    then hope that those HR girls don't consider it typo, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    then hope that those HR girls don't consider it typo, haha
    Oh wow, so you cannot change the covering letter for different applications on their system? For **** sake...

What did you do about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If u don't have access to a computer how are u writing all this?
    Smartphone - got you! And to answer the next question - no, I don't feel it's too convenient to do a potential video interview using a phone!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you going for IB, how much did you know about valuation/modelling before you started applying?

ReputationRep:
    how hard is citi's numerical compared to standard shl ones?

ReputationRep:
    anyone with insights on the Barclays video interview?

Would appreciate it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juventus100)
    how hard is citi's numerical compared to standard shl ones?
    Extremely hard. Not the questions but the time limit and the million potential options it gives you. They use TalentQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we expected to upload a covering letter for HSBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long do you normally get per question in the SHL verbal tests? I've noticed that Assessment Day give you way too much time to answer the questions than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzFishstick)
    How long do you normally get per question in the SHL verbal tests? I've noticed that Assessment Day give you way too much time to answer the questions than usual.
    Yeah they do give you extra. Its normally 25 questions, 18 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they do give you extra. Its normally 25 questions, 18 minutes.
    Oh right, yeah that makes more sense.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.