Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    It is an approximation to e^x. I thought the same way as him for a few minutes, and was confused why they wanted me to prove such a trivial result lol. Then, I realised that it was up to n, so I went on with the question haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is an approximation, but it's important to note the difference, unfortunately I think it was rather hard to gain any credit at all by using e^x. Perhaps 1 mark for condolences may be awarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    It is an approximation, but it's important to note the difference, unfortunately I think it was rather hard to gain any credit at all by using e^x. Perhaps 1 mark for condolences may be awarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, totally agree. The whole point of the question is ignored if a person assumes that the series is up to infinity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He could have noted e^x=0 is not possible for any real x. x->-infinity does not count btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    He could have noted e^x=0 is not possible for any real x. x->-infinity does not count btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mech practice trumps complex number/vector/geometry practice for STEP III.

Do you agree?

Also, how is physics going? I've got my first A2 Physics exam tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There were a lot of ways he could've deduced that the series wasn't e^x, the most striking being the fact that there were n's in it XD.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my first A2 Physics exam tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I've got WJEC PH4 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Same, I've got WJEC PH4 .
    Good luck to both of us! Is your offer an A or an A*? Mine is an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Do you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA? 25 marks multiple choice ezpz (unlike Unit 5...)

ReputationRep:

Do you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm generally yes maybe due to the amount of questions. But personally no since I can normally get fulls to those.
    Erm not great tbh, only did some decent revision today lol. Tbh cudnt care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to both of us! Is your offer an A or an A*? Mine is an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well there's like 4 different offers but I only need an A since one of the offers is A*AA, 1 in any STEP, and I'm pretty sure I've got a 1s in I and II (so I only need A in FM too XD). One of the other offers is just A*A*A* lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    AQA? 25 marks multiple choice ezpz (unlike Unit 5...)
    I am OCR.

Seems like quite a few exam boards have their Unit 4 Physics tomorrow, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well there's like 4 different offers but I only need an A since one of the offers is A*AA, 1 in any STEP, and I'm pretty sure I've got a 1s in I and II (so I only need A in FM too XD). One of the other offers is just A*A*A* lol.
    A*A*A*...

Do they think they are Cambridge or something?

Let me guess.. Imperial..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*...

Do they think they are Cambridge or something?

Let me guess.. Imperial..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope Warwick lol, (Imperial insurance though).
    Tbf you can get A*A*A with 2 in any paper, that's pretty soft compared to Cambs XD.

ReputationRep:
    Erm generally yes maybe due to the amount of questions. But personally no since I can normally get fulls to those.
    Erm not great tbh, only did some decent revision today lol. Tbh cudnt care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All right m8. I am probably gonna immerse myself with mech questions this Wednesday and Thursday morning, so I am ready to deflect the **** Siklos throws at me.

It is scary to think that after this Thursday I will have a good idea whether I am in Cambridge this October or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope Warwick lol, (Imperial insurance though).
    Tbf you can get A*A*A with 2 in any paper, that's pretty soft compared to Cambs XD.
    My offer is A* in FM and A in Physics, and 1/1 in STEP II/III. They didn't even ask for Chemistry, yet taking it for the bants (I love Chemistry, don't think I am a '25-exam-in-two-months masochist')

Seems like Churchill liked me more than they liked you... shoots fired. I am obviously joking. When you come for Part III make sure you choose Churchill again, OK?

Also, I can't remember if I've asked you this already, but who was your interviewer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how many marks would showing the error on. Q8 be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fa991)
    Roughly how many marks would showing the error on. Q8 be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probs 4-ish.

ReputationRep:
    My offer is A* in FM and A in Physics, and 1/1 in STEP II/III. They didn't even ask for Chemistry, yet taking it for the bants (I love Chemistry, don't think I am a '25-exam-in-two-months masochist'

Seems like Churchill liked me more than they liked you... shoots fired. I am obviously joking. When you come for Part III make sure you choose Churchill again, OK?

Also, I can't remember if I've asked you this already, but who was your interviewer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will probably make that offer .

If I come for Part III I'll probably choose a different college lol, with Churchill it'd just be bad, bad memories...

Yeah you have asked me before, and I believe my interviewer (Dr Caulfield) was different to yours. He seemed to have given up on me even before the interview (after he'd seen my test full of silly mistakes and scribbles). Love how they didn't even give us any paper to write on, had to write everything around the questions on the test...

ReputationRep:
    I will probably make that offer .

If I come for Part III I'll probably choose a different college lol, with Churchill it'd just be bad, bad memories...

Yeah you have asked me before, and I believe my interviewer (Dr Caulfield) was different to yours. He seemed to have given up on me even before the interview (after he'd seen my test full of silly mistakes and scribbles). Love how they didn't even give us any paper to write on, had to write everything around the questions on the test...
    Seriously? What sort of test was it? Lots of short answer or longer problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tridianprime)
    Seriously? What sort of test was it? Lots of short answer or longer problems?
    Lots of short answer multiple choice sort of questions. They were nothing like STEP which I was fairly good at by then, much more maths challenge/MAT short question style where it was generally one trick you needed to see to solve each one.
    Which means that you get killed by the other applicants if you make mistakes since many people will get most Qs right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.