ffs
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Kev is a bobble tbf, ignore him
Back to your fantasy football thread, there's a good lad.

(Original post by S-man10)
ffs
:awesome:
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Villareal 3-3 Sevilla. :coma:
WhatIsAUsername?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looks like Malaga are the 'Man City' of La Liga.

They've signed some impressive players in the January transfer window so far. They include:

Julio Baptista, Ignacio Camacho, Sergio Asenjo, Enzo Maresca and Martin Demichelis, with more to follow.

Next on their wanted list is Barcelona defender Gabriel Milito, whilst they are also hoping to sign Mahamadou Diarra and Reto Ziegler.

Expect to see them in the Champions League in a few years.
cunningstunt87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Been subscribed to this thread for ages, but how do you guys know so much about European football?
Apex9
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)

They've signed some impressive players in the January transfer window so far. They include:

Julio Baptista, Ignacio Camacho, Sergio Asenjo, Enzo Maresca and Martin Demichelis, with more to follow.

Next on their wanted list is Barcelona defender Gabriel Milito, whilst they are also hoping to sign Mahamadou Diarra and Reto Ziegler.

Most of those players are mediocre has-beens though.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not really, some good signings there and a decent mix of youth and experience. Certainly good enough to keep the team in the division this season and perhaps with an overhaul in the summer help push the team towards Europe next year.

What exactly are the rules regarding club ownership in Spain? Barcelona are owned in theory by it's members and elect a President who throws money into the team. How did this billionaire come to be involved with Malaga?
WhatIsAUsername?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Apex9)
Most of those players are mediocre has-beens though.
Compared to the players that Malaga have currently got, they're miles better. I've heard of all the players in the list and nearly all of them are decent on FM . Yes, those players would be mediocre, if they were playing for any of the top teams in La Liga, but excellent signings for a team like Malaga imo.
RNBen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)

Those players will give them a push for Europa football, only then will they have the power to buy players good enough to provide that final push for 4th place.

A couple of decent players though there, Demichelis should provide a shakiness to the defense.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not really, some good signings there and a decent mix of youth and experience. Certainly good enough to keep the team in the division this season and perhaps with an overhaul in the summer help push the team towards Europe next year.

What exactly are the rules regarding club ownership in Spain? Barcelona are owned in theory by it's members and elect a President who throws money into the team. How did this billionaire come to be involved with Malaga?
Malaga's fan were very excited at the start of the season (and rightly so) because Sheik Abdullah bin Nasser Al Thani, ploughed €36million into the club, clearing their debts that were lingering above their heads.

He also invested in new staff, as Porto manager Jesualdo Ferreira took the hot-seat, while a new squad was needed as half the side that nearly took them down reported back to their parent clubs, having only been on loan. Their transfer record was broken when they signed Sebastian Fernandez, with €4m being splashed out on the Uruguayan forward, breaking Malaga’s transfer record. Salomon Rondon also arrived for €3.5m from Las Palmas to give the attack some real impetus.

They also gotformer Arsenal man Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Ruben Martinez, Kris Stadsgaard, Sandro Silva and Eliseu, with the majority costing seven figure sums. But at last Malaga were purchasing players outright instead of loaning them and the season ahead looked rosy.

They are still not doing great though, only two home wins and a poor return on the money spent. I suspect with more investment, solid ones at that because whilst the players they have signed are better than they ones they've had they are nothing special themselves.

Regarding the club ownership, it's not only Real Madrid and Barcelona that is 'fan-owned' (registered organisation) it also includes Athletic Bilbao, arguably the top 3 most traditional teams in Spain. To put it bluntly it means unlike a limited company you cannot buy shares in the club, only membership. The members of Barcelona, called socis, form an assembly of delegates which is the highest governing body of the club. They vote on who becomes a president and other important motions. Currently the club has around 170,000 socios I believe.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Regarding the club ownership, it's not only Real Madrid and Barcelona that is 'fan-owned' (registered organisation) it also includes Athletic Bilbao, arguably the top 3 most traditional teams in Spain. To put it bluntly it means unlike a limited company you cannot buy shares in the club, only membership. The members of Barcelona, called socis, form an assembly of delegates which is the highest governing body of the club. They vote on who becomes a president and other important motions. Currently the club has around 170,000 socios I believe.
I just remembered I picked up a book a few years ago that would answer all these questions. It's called Barca by Jimmy Burns, can't recall where or how I came by it but I've just checked Amazon and it seems a good read. Will read it and stop asking mundane questions
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just remembered I picked up a book a few years ago that would answer all these questions. It's called Barca by Jimmy Burns, can't recall where or how I came by it but I've just checked Amazon and it seems a good read. Will read it and stop asking mundane questions
That book is gold, definitely have a look at it :yes:
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll third that recommendation, a really insightful book.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
They are still not doing great though, only two home wins and a poor return on the money spent. I suspect with more investment, solid ones at that because whilst the players they have signed are better than they ones they've had they are nothing special themselves.
I don't think it's necessarily a poor return on the money spent, I think it's built a solid base to be worked on. Most importantly they've now acquired the services of a manager whose methods and philosophy have been proven and successful in La Liga and from the results, he definitely seems to be an improvement on the other guy before him. I had a look at their transfer history and they seemed to have signed a lot of unknown (to European football) South American and whether they're successful is yet to be seen, but the best acquisition in the long term will most probably prove to be Pellegrini.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
That book is gold, definitely have a look at it :yes:
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I'll third that recommendation, a really insightful book.
Excellent, thanks guys. May even take it with me to Spain :teeth:
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any of you lot happen to have any other book recommendations?
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=2270

What was the real reason he went
Panthalic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Malaga's fan were very excited at the start of the season (and rightly so) because Sheik Abdullah bin Nasser Al Thani, ploughed €36million into the club, clearing their debts that were lingering above their heads.

He also invested in new staff, as Porto manager Jesualdo Ferreira took the hot-seat, while a new squad was needed as half the side that nearly took them down reported back to their parent clubs, having only been on loan. Their transfer record was broken when they signed Sebastian Fernandez, with €4m being splashed out on the Uruguayan forward, breaking Malaga’s transfer record. Salomon Rondon also arrived for €3.5m from Las Palmas to give the attack some real impetus.

They also gotformer Arsenal man Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Ruben Martinez, Kris Stadsgaard, Sandro Silva and Eliseu, with the majority costing seven figure sums. But at last Malaga were purchasing players outright instead of loaning them and the season ahead looked rosy.

You need to kick off mate, some geezer is completely ripping off your posts.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=2270

What was the real reason he went
Because I put a . at the end of my name :rofl2:
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
I don't think it's necessarily a poor return on the money spent, I think it's built a solid base to be worked on. Most importantly they've now acquired the services of a manager whose methods and philosophy have been proven and successful in La Liga and from the results, he definitely seems to be an improvement on the other guy before him. I had a look at their transfer history and they seemed to have signed a lot of unknown (to European football) South American and whether they're successful is yet to be seen, but the best acquisition in the long term will most probably prove to be Pellegrini.
They are close to signing Buonanotte (sp?) last time I heard. Also Milito might go their on loan aswell so you're probably right, they have to start somewhere.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise