Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholaswillis)
    Is anyone staying at norton? I think im in room 122.. its all a blur now though...
    I'm in room 102 ground floor. is that close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scionce)
    Well i mean it went active at 7:38 for a start (from yougo a girl said she refreshed every minute and since she got Sandby, which was out when i looked, i believe her). I went on at 7:45 after looking at 7:35 when it wasnt active, and when i clicked "Check Availability", Gill Street didnt show, and Sandby showed but all the rooms were greyed out when i went to click one.

So yeh, it was out quick.
    Alright thanks for the reply, i'm just utterly disappointed how i didn't get into the flat litterally stayed all night only to find out that it was gone
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwellsy)
    Yay! I'm in Hampden- ground floor room 31
    We only had to pay the deposit right?
    What you studying?
    I'm really worried I'm in the wrong room because my sister used to go to NTU and she said ground floor is boys only and first floor for girls do you know if this is still the case? :confused:

Yeah I think its the deposit only...

I will be studying BA Health and Social Care.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molleh)
    I really wouldn't worry too much, Norton's looking pretty good! If it's that bad, you can try calling ntu
    Thanks Molleh i'll get back to which room i ended up booking but i'm so gutted i didn't get gill street i stayed up all night and everything -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo66)
    I'm in room 102 ground floor. is that close?
    I think so hah, i cant remember the layout.. its like an L shape i think? I was just frantically clicking since i missed out on other halls by what seemed like minutes

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2nd floor, 456, I want to see all the floor plan and stuff, i literally just clicked anything incase i lost it! What're you studying?
    Design for Film and TV, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnytomo)
    Thanks Molleh i'll get back to which room i ended up booking but i'm so gutted i didn't get gill street i stayed up all night and everything -_-
    No worries, nothing can be done now so just try and see the positives really. I was up most of the night too, Norton was my fifth choice, but I'm warming too it after reading more of the stuff

ReputationRep:
    Nice we all got rooms booked now Now it's time for NTU time to come around and quick!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo66)
    Design for Film and TV, you?
    I considered something similar to that, looks like a good course! Computer Science, so gotta trek to Clifton every day

ReputationRep:
    No worries, nothing can be done now so just try and see the positives really. I was up most of the night too, Norton was my fifth choice, but I'm warming too it after reading more of the stuff
    it could be a sign for all i know i might end up liking it :rolleyes:

Do you know how far it is from Norton to get to the city site by any chance or do i need to get a tram/bus ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnytomo)
    it could be a sign for all i know i might end up liking it :rolleyes:

Do you know how far it is from Norton to get to the city site by any chance or do i need to get a tram/bus ?
    It says 20 minute walk, so not too bad like. And walking times are usually overestimated, so probably like 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryautomatica)
    anyone on team simpson? mashed my hand into the keypad in a bit of a flurry when i saw nothing much was left! im in room 2402, studying graphic design
    Yeah, i will be there , room 2406.... pretty close though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone made a group for Norton yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lianne93)
    Anyone made a group for Norton yet?
    nope but we need to lool, dont know how!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivFree)
    I'm in Simpsons too, room 1201, looks really nice in the booklet but is quite a way from other buildings, only downside I think. What course are you doing?
    im doing business economics, what about you?

dont know how many im sharing a kitchen with etc either. you go any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    that's exactly what I did.. I was so close to booking accommodation in the new halls, then I thought i'd give the page another refresh and simpsons came up and just clicked away with my eyes shut. ended up with 302
    do you know much about the accommodation, im literally clueless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbel11)
    nope but we need to lool, dont know how!
    I dont either! i only joined yesterday I don't really know how to use this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawna12)
    Im at Simpson room 1308
    was a bit of a mad rush as well, just glad i got somewhere!
    what are you all doing here? im doing business economics, room 609, simpson.

how many people do you share facilities with etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth)
    no cus im from sweden and we dont have university owned accommodation you get the money each month so im gonna have a really hard time paying
    I'd suggest ringing the university to arrange an alternative pay scheme. I can't imagine that your situation is uncommon with forgeign students. Maybe they'll allow monthly payments in return for a higher deposit?

Worth asking though, i'm sure. Good luck and I'll see you there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeybv3)
    do you know much about the accommodation, im literally clueless
    Flats accommodate for as little as 3 to as many as 12, (most are about 7 though). You get an ensuite

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.