Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cynthialf)
    Actually missed it by two points so I ended up with 42 points. I'm slightly annoyed about it since my teacher gave me nearly full points from both Finnish and Economics and I've been getting over 90% in all of my mock exams - currently trying to stop being a stupid person, but still contemplating remarks Crazily happy anyway and I'm really looking forwards to being able to party tomorrow, I'm the only person in my class who knows so far.

Thank you! Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll meet your offer as well!
    42 is still an amazing score, so congratulations to you! And unfortunately I'm A levels so still got more than a month to wait suspense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah16)
    Phedre is amazing. I read it when I was thinking about studying Classics and French. And I dont think there is :s
    I had to read it for my French class two years ago. I think I finished it in two nights and I memorized like so many of the monologues (now forgotten of course!)

(Original post by qwertyuiop1993)
    No I don't think there is The PPEists have a cosy little group that my friend has joined...

I've read 5 of the texts now - mostly short ones (I really like Lettres d'une Péruvienne - and the edition I got was annotated by my tutor!)

My list is a bit different because I'm doing French sole so I have all this literary theory and philosophy to do - which is going to be the most challenging for me.

Just out of curiosity, are you French? I noticed your offer is for the French Bac?
    Which edition of Lettres d'une Péruvienne did you get? I haven't gotten mine yet (waiting until I'm in France) and yours sounds quite nice Well, I can tell you that I've already read Le Discours de la Méthode, and it's excellent, so don't worry about that! And Sartre is quite good as a philosopher, but not as good as when he's an author

I'm not French actually, but I went to a French lycée abroad, so I took the French Bac (section ES)

I think it might be time for us to come together and create a group to rival that of the PPE-ists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurnerE)
    I had to read it for my French class two years ago. I think I finished it in two nights and I memorized like so many of the monologues (now forgotten of course!)

Which edition of Lettres d'une Péruvienne did you get? I haven't gotten mine yet (waiting until I'm in France) and yours sounds quite nice Well, I can tell you that I've already read Le Discours de la Méthode, and it's excellent, so don't worry about that! And Sartre is quite good as a philosopher, but not as good as when he's an author

I'm not French actually, but I went to a French lycée abroad, so I took the French Bac (section ES)

I think it might be time for us to come together and create a group to rival that of the PPE-ists!
    Didn't Bac results come out today? My friend in Paris got his...

I got the Voltaire Foundation copy of "Lettres..." it's quite a thick book - the story itself is really short, but there are loads of notes by Jonathan Mallinson (Tutor at Trinity)

I would like a facebook group - but I don't want to be the one that creates it

ReputationRep:
    This is likely to vary by college so it'd be helpful to know which one. I had a yellow financial guarantee form that I had to fill in and attach a letter from the SLC and a representative of a bank to certify that I had enough funds for living expenses but this might be different for UK students. It's probably something to that effect though.

EDIT: got my IB results - met my offer!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Bac results come out today? My friend in Paris got his...

I got the Voltaire Foundation copy of "Lettres..." it's quite a thick book - the story itself is really short, but there are loads of notes by Jonathan Mallinson (Tutor at Trinity)

I would like a facebook group - but I don't want to be the one that creates it
    I'm in California, so we took our exams like two weeks before the people in France so we got our results two weeks ago Thankfully because I was worried sick I wouldn't make my offer...

I'll keep an eye out for that edition... I love lots of notes and things, and carrying around big books with short stories which makes it looks like I'm reading something really long really quickly

I certainly have no idea how to create a group on Facebook! IF ANYBODY KNOWS, TELL ME!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in California, so we took our exams like two weeks before the people in France so we got our results two weeks ago Thankfully because I was worried sick I wouldn't make my offer...

I'll keep an eye out for that edition... I love lots of notes and things, and carrying around big books with short stories which makes it looks like I'm reading something really long really quickly

I certainly have no idea how to create a group on Facebook! IF ANYBODY KNOWS, TELL ME!!
    Congratulations! Your sig is now out of date :P

There's a create group button on the sidebar to the left of the news feed.

I think if anyone is to create the group, it should be someone who is definitely sure of their grades....

ReputationRep:
    I've created a group for engineers / EEM http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...13886075372305

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Just got an email from New enclosing a letter from the maths tutors, reading lists and general maths stuff to do over the summer.
    Cool can I ask what the reading list/ general maths to do over the summer was?
    Hertford has sent nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertTheBear)
    Cool can I ask what the reading list/ general maths to do over the summer was?
    Hertford has sent nothing
    College had sent us an e-mail around the start of July to mid - July about what we were supposed to do. I would suggest reading and working through Introductory Mathematics: Algebra and Analysis by Geoff Smith and doing the practice problems on the Maths Insitute's website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbeacom600)
    College had sent us an e-mail around the start of July to mid - July about what we were supposed to do. I would suggest reading and working through Introductory Mathematics: Algebra and Analysis by Geoff Smith and doing the practice problems on the Maths Insitute's website.
    Thanks, let it never be said that I don't know how to have fun

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Your sig is now out of date :P

There's a create group button on the sidebar to the left of the news feed.

I think if anyone is to create the group, it should be someone who is definitely sure of their grades....
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    Or call it an offer holders' group like this thread, rather than a freshers' group.
    Okay, I've managed to create the group - Now join!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...512033597&ap=1

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've managed to create the group - Now join!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...512033597&ap=1
    I've joined! (Or sent a request)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread.

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
    - if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list (courtesy of Nag o ma Scylla):
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Guys! apparently anyone can edit this list, so feel free to add yourself! Click!

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):[/U][/B]
    Can you add my engineering/EEM group please

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?...075372305&ap=1

ReputationRep:
    Added the Engineering & Modern languages group to the list on FB as well :-)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Aw, still haven't heard anything about reading or accommodation or anything

I've just moved house, so at least telling them my new address will involve some contact

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I haven't heard anything either. Anyone else have the offer email still in their inbox to look at each day? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Just got an email from New enclosing a letter from the maths tutors, reading lists and general maths stuff to do over the summer.
    Yay!! I found a fellow New fresher! Hello
    I got that email too! It wasn't very informative as my course was nowhere to be seen on that list...
    xP Ah well. I guess that is understandable seeing that biomedical sciences as a course has never been taught in Oxford until this year.

ReputationRep:
    This is likely to vary by college so it'd be helpful to know which one. I had a yellow financial guarantee form that I had to fill in and attach a letter from the SLC and a representative of a bank to certify that I had enough funds for living expenses but this might be different for UK students. It's probably something to that effect though.

EDIT: got my IB results - met my offer!
    Oh well done! That's good IB results come out so early.

My college is Magdalen, it' actually all worked out in the end. I was emailed the form, which asked me to post copies of my information about payments from Student Finance to them. Obviously differs from college to college, but the form simply asked whether one has applied for public support and proof of that support.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Yeah, I haven't heard anything either. Anyone else have the offer email still in their inbox to look at each day? :p:
    My mum has the letter on her fridge, so I look at it there every day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    I have it in my inbox, but I don't look at it every day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.