Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    When did you apply?
    8th October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritikaaurora)
    Just got an offer from Royal Holloway! They received my application last night and I got a conditional a few hours ago
    This is for A joint BSc in Economics, Politics and International relations! Entry requirements were AAA-AAB but they've set me ABB! Sooooo happy! My first offer! ^.^ Thinking of making this my insurance. Is it any good?

All the best to everyone!! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for holloway too, with their Economics Bsc offered at 'AAB' but they offered me AAB o.O

Whats your other applications to?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from York I'm really happy, it's AAB so it's likely to be my insurance but even if my other choices reject me (which I hope doesn't happen, but you never know) I'd still be really happy at York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Basically avoid the 'classic books' such as Wealth of Nations or Keynes General theory.... An Oxford interviewers apparently just told a former student at our school, why he bothered mentioning the old tales and why he did not just wiki them.

In your PS, you should find faults in the books and/or say how the book made you do xxxx.
    quite frankly, i'd be amazed if he could even put Wealth of Nations down, i tried reading it and failed pretty spectacularly. quite a bit to get through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenclawed)
    I just got an offer from York I'm really happy, it's AAB so it's likely to be my insurance but even if my other choices reject me (which I hope doesn't happen, but you never know) I'd still be really happy at York.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    congrats !! i too have an offer for York which Visit Day you planning to go on? which reminds me i need to actually book one of those hahaha do we even have to go to these days, seems a bit pointless?

ReputationRep:
    Not got any news from Warwick so far, I am worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    congrats !! i too have an offer for York which Visit Day you planning to go on? which reminds me i need to actually book one of those hahaha do we even have to go to these days, seems a bit pointless?
    Thank you! I haven't heard anything about a Visit Day yet, I only got the offer 40 minutes ago, I've haven't received an email or anything from York themselves yet I do plan on going to one of the Visit Days, because I haven't visited York yet and I am seriously considering going there, but I don't think it's compulsory to go. If I got an offer from a university and I'd already been to their open day, I probably wouldn't go to the applicant day.

ReputationRep:
    Got 3 Offers in the last three weeks!

York today - already had Nottingham and Southampton in.

Am chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jupperrs)
    Got 3 Offers in the last three weeks!

York today - already had Nottingham and Southampton in.

Am chuffed
    Awesome. When did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    I also have an offer from York and I'm going to the day in February (the only one at the weekend)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenclawed)
    Thank you! I haven't heard anything about a Visit Day yet, I only got the offer 40 minutes ago, I've haven't received an email or anything from York themselves yet I do plan on going to one of the Visit Days, because I haven't visited York yet and I am seriously considering going there, but I don't think it's compulsory to go. If I got an offer from a university and I'd already been to their open day, I probably wouldn't go to the applicant day.
    ahh fair enough, you'll probably get the email tomorrow then if you got the offer on Track today! yeah same my parents have seen it but not me, so probs will go - yeah for me i think York is definitely going to be my insurance choice, although if things turned out that way on results day i would be MORE than happy to go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I also have an offer from York and I'm going to the day in February (the only one at the weekend)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh well done! sound, im probably gonna go to that one too haha, just easiest one for me

ReputationRep:
    just got an offer from Bristol! So happy! Just waiting on Edinburgh now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeversamy)
    Got an offer from Bristol too.. was it A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeversamy)
    Well done. What other offers you got?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get quite worried about Bristol, they received my application on 9th October and still no decision. I've spoken to a few people who sent their application a fair amount later who have offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    Got an offer from Bristol too.. was it A*AA?

Predicted grades/GCSE's and when did you send application if you don't mind me asking? Im getting impatient with bristol

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get quite worried about Bristol, they received my application on 9th October and still no decision. I've spoken to a few people who sent their application a fair amount later who have offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same, i don't think they want me....

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't get worried just because you don't have an offer, they've got ages before they need to reply...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    Predicted grades/GCSE's and when did you send application if you don't mind me asking? Im getting impatient with bristol
    Hi 10A* 1A GCSE
    AAAB AS
    A*A*A A2
    Sent 14th Oct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.