Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ohh I see! why so early? had u gone through all the content?
    I need an A on this exam, 88ums. thats if I havent improved on my 2 resits, im hoping I have though. need an A overall for uni. wbu?
    Not really no, we focused on unit 3 until 2 weeks before buss4 when we started it, hence why most of us failed. I need an A overall too, I did 'poorly' on unit 1 first time cos I got 1 marks into the A, so I'm hoping to pick up marks there! #prayforme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmine)
    Gone from being nervous to absolutely terrified.
    Yup. It suddenly feels so close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    really regret YOLOing my biology practicals now
    Going from my school, whether you YOLO your Bio practicals or study really hard, they're still impossible to do well in.

*Can you tell I'm bitter?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether when your teacher/s have marked your coursework and given it a mark and then send it off for the examiner to mark it, the examiner would change it if they think it deserves higher(or lower) I was just wondering cos think my coursework is gonna put me back and some last minute improvements made me wonder if the examiner would think it was slightly better than my teacher. It was aqa english lit B and it was on a Shakespeare text and Educating Rita too

Also does anyone know if the drama aqa as boundaries change (dunno if it's A or B or whatever) with the practical exam, not the written? Cos think my teacher said they might change, hoping they will cos I was only 2 measly marks off a B at As and just hoping that the boundaries lower by 2 marks for the practical side! (the written won't change cos that was in January) If anyone knows answer asap please! Thanks!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garabacm)
    Are there any AQA economists on this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    5 days!! Absolutely terrified nw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kalliope)
    Going from my school, whether you YOLO your Bio practicals or study really hard, they're still impossible to do well in.

*Can you tell I'm bitter?
    I thought it was impossible to do anything other than YOLO your biology practicals, since all we get told is the title of the task, and get absolutely no feedback on how to improve on the previous practicals that we drastically failed...

*is also bitter *

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Does anyone know whether when your teacher/s have marked your coursework and given it a mark and then send it off for the examiner to mark it, the examiner would change it if they think it deserves higher(or lower) I was just wondering cos think my coursework is gonna put me back and some last minute improvements made me wonder if the examiner would think it was slightly better than my teacher. It was aqa english lit B and it was on a Shakespeare text and Educating Rita too

Also does anyone know if the drama aqa as boundaries change (dunno if it's A or B or whatever) with the practical exam, not the written? Cos think my teacher said they might change, hoping they will cos I was only 2 measly marks off a B at As and just hoping that the boundaries lower by 2 marks for the practical side! (the written won't change cos that was in January) If anyone knows answer asap please! Thanks!x
    Grade boundaries for pretty much every subject changes every year. This includes course work and I am pretty sure it will change for English although I am not sure about drama because it is performance based.

Edit the examiner can change the marks that you are given and the grades can increase or decrease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    I thought it was impossible to do anything other than YOLO your biology practicals, since all we get told is the title of the task, and get absolutely no feedback on how to improve on the previous practicals that we drastically failed...

*is also bitter *

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, exactly!

ReputationRep:
    5 DAYS GUYS HOLD ON WHILE I HAVE A BREAKDOWN :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapal)
    5 DAYS GUYS HOLD ON WHILE I HAVE A BREAKDOWN :confused:
    More like 4 days actually, have more of a breakdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    I can't believe it's gonna be the week of Results Day soon, bloody terrifying! :beard:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This thread will really start to get busy next week, but surprisingly the 2011 and 2012 results day thread moved really quick a full week before the day! :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    Thank you so much!!! xxx

P.S Who on earth negged you for saying happy birthday? O.o!
    No problem - I hope you've had a lovely day!

I've only just seen this! Confused doesn't quite cover it! I was only being nice TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    i actually feel physically sick
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    I can't believe it's gonna be the week of Results Day soon, bloody terrifying! :beard:
    every day we get closer it kills me a little bit more

ReputationRep:
    Do universities get our results tonight/tomorrow? Oh dear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lillollystar)
    Do universities get our results tonight/tomorrow? Oh dear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.