Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Yeah I agree -- this is the second time in a row now that the stars have aligned for him so if he doesn't get it this time I think there's little hope for #18 in the future. I'm less optimistic now than I was when the draw came out, mainly because everybody else seems to have gotten their act together now and that he looked unconvincing against Groth. I hope I'm wrong though.
    I think with Federer he'll either continue his strong form and smash through his draw and maybe win in the final for #18 or play a really lackadaisical game against whoever and live to regret not making the most of what is very likely to be his last chance at a major. This time next year it's likely that Raonic, Dimitrov and Nishikori will be more of a challenge along with the usual suspects

ReputationRep:
    Federer's usual tactic in grand slams against nobody's is either to take it easy (unimpressive straight sets wins) or play such beautiful tennis that you wonder how he ever lost with a few 6-1, 6-2 scorelines. Losing a set in the early rounds tends to be an anomaly though. Plus i think the only challenging match before the final will be Dimitrov but i still expect straight sets.

On the subject of Nikishori he was pretty fantastic yesterday and i think Raonic will have to stop his servy laid back game (never really tried yesterday) if he wants to win. Nikishori vs Warwinka would also be pretty good. Only ever played each other in 2012.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSS! So happy for Caro Wozniacki, but I'm also glad that annoying Sharapova is out

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Wozniacki would live her to win it all! Federer starting very slowly...

ReputationRep:
    Federer had the whole court to aim at there and then he hit it straight at Granollers. I seriously don't understand this at all.

Edit: And why is he wearing that hideous outfit? He looks like he should be on a beach or something.

Edit 2: Call me paranoid but I think there might be something up with Federer. There's something strange about his demeanour in this match and in the Groth match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonSky)
    YESSSSS! So happy for Caro Wozniacki, but I'm also glad that annoying Sharapova is out
    Blasphemy.

Oh dear, Fed's down a break.

ReputationRep:
    Murray takes the 1st set against Tsonga. Best I've seen him serve in a while and he's playing well during the rallies. Just hope he doesn't lose his intensity. A straight sets win would be ideal given what an easy match Nole had today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Murray 2 sets up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that finished quicker than expected. JWT is such an enigma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Well that finished quicker than expected. JFT is such an enigma.
    JFT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blame it on autocorrect. It's always autocorrect's fault.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for nole vs andy? I've not been watching so I can't comment on their form or anything, so I'm going you lot watching can

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Predictions for nole vs andy? I've not been watching so I can't comment on their form or anything, so I'm going you lot watching can

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I'll go for Djokovic in 4 tight sets based on both players' current form. If Murray brings it either guy can win though. Should be a great match! 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    I think I'll go for Djokovic in 4 tight sets based on both players' current form. If Murray brings it either guy can win though. Should be a great match! 😃
    If Murray plays the way he did today throughout he can definitely win. Thing is he has to stop going on a mental walkabout when he's a break or a set up. He was able to recover from it today with some tremendous play but Djokovic wouldn't let him back in if he did that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Yup all true. I feel it's more mental though, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets past Tsonga and everything starts clicking again, he just needs to have that self belief again and a win against Tsonga could provide him with that. I'd still imagine he'll get beaten by Nole but he'd put up more of a fight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, as it turns out you are 100% right on this - I loved the way Murray played last night. I particularly loved the way he came back from behind in the second and third sets, his mental game has taken a turn for the better. A top 10 win - his first since last Wimbledon - is bound to boost his confidence.
    What a difference a match makes - suddenly, the prospect of facing Novak is nowhere near as daunting as I thought it would be for him. This is where the 2014 US Open gets very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to call the Dimitrov vs Monfils match?

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov in 5. Watching it now from the start of the second set and neither look impressive.

Edit: What a massive choke from Dimitrov there to lose that second set tiebreak. I still think he might take this in five though. Both of them look so beatable right now

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov's going to have to do it the hard way then

ReputationRep:
    Not the best display of tennis, but Gael Monfils sees off Dimitrov in 3 tight sets. Still hasn't dropped a set in the tournament - maybe he's finally gained some consistency and actually wants to win rather than simply win the highlights reel every time. Cilic vs Simon an even tighter affair at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Aw man! Dimitrov! At least he can join Maria now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.