Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody completed a telephone interview with Kennedys? Just wondering whether someone would mind indicating whether it is competency/commercially based questions?Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for a King Wood Mallesons video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardiff194)
    Has anybody completed a telephone interview with Kennedys? Just wondering whether someone would mind indicating whether it is competency/commercially based questions?Thanks!
    I had one last week, I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done a Irwin Mitchell video interview and able to offer some advice? Willing to give detailed advice for a Mishcon video interview in exchange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Anyone done a Irwin Mitchell video interview and able to offer some advice? Willing to give detailed advice for a Mishcon video interview in exchange.

I have IM interview too! and wondering the same

ReputationRep:
    CC offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    CC offer!
    Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    S&C Rejection

ReputationRep:
    CC offer!
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Thanks (: were there many that threw you off? I did the telephone interview last year and remember it being all competency based but this is my first video interview. Any tips on video interviews?
    I did the telephone interview last year too, I thought my interview last year went better than it did yesterday and I got rejected last year...

Would agree with all those tips! Just be aware you only gave 15 seconds before the camera starts recording automatically and records for 2 minutes but you can press stop to end it earlier (unfortunately I had to use it)

ReputationRep:
    CC offer!
    congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    I did the telephone interview last year too, I thought my interview last year went better than it did yesterday and I got rejected last year...

Would agree with all those tips! Just be aware you only gave 15 seconds before the camera starts recording automatically and records for 2 minutes but you can press stop to end it earlier (unfortunately I had to use it)
    Did every question give a two minute window to answer?

ReputationRep:

I'm sure you did better than you think I was also rejected after a telephone interview last year too but it was my first ever TC interview. Does that mean you only have 15 seconds to read the question? Are the questions fairly long?

ReputationRep:
    Also CC offer! Just waiting to hear back from A&O now then I can decide where I actually want to go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Did every question give a two minute window to answer?
    Yes there's a video of the grad recruitment team asking the question then there's a 15 second count-down before your camera turns on. The question is also in writing which helpfully stays on the screen throughout the recording. Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:

Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I'm sure you did better than you think and thanks for the tips!! I was also rejected after a telephone interview last year too but it was my first ever TC interview. Does that mean you only have 15 seconds to read the question? Are the questions fairly long?
    No problem!! Not getting my hopes up, it was my first one last year too!

A video plays of the grad recruitment team reading out the question, but underneath the video the question is written out so in reality you have a few seconds before the count down begins! I found the questions quite long-winded in terms of the way they were phrased but it is clear what they are asking

ReputationRep:
    No problem!! Not getting my hopes up, it was my first one last year too!

A video plays of the grad recruitment team reading out the question, but underneath the video the question is written out so in reality you have a few seconds before the count down begins! I found the questions quite long-winded in terms of the way they were phrased but it is clear what they are asking
    Thank you - that is really helpful good luck with all your applications!

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who is still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview, they sent me this e-mail after I asked about when I might expect to hear back:

Thank you for your email. We have received a large number of applications. We thank you for your patience on this matter and will be in touch in due course.

As helpful as EU Law is interesting (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Congrats!!
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Well done!
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    congrats!
    Thank you, you beautiful people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.