Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cheeky 4 week email today :cool: before my 8+2 weeks expires aswell so not tooo bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Technically true, just misleading. I'd rather be told nothing and receive a decision when they're ready instead of the nerve-wracking, useless (in that they don't actually tell us anything) updates
    Yes, I totally agree with that. I have been on my nerves the whole day today, and still haven't received anything. It's getting very stressful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    cheeky 4 week email today :cool: before my 8+2 weeks expires aswell so not tooo bad
    What subject, and when were your 8+2 weeks meant to expire?

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me you're joking
    Unfortunately not:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamgy)
    Which course?
    Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What subject, and when were your 8+2 weeks meant to expire?
    for economics, my 8+2 weeks was supposed to expire on the 16th, so effectively they just havent added on the extra 2 christmas weeks

ReputationRep:
    Looks like this might just be an econ thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickirv)
    But I'm taking Accounting as my major, I would probably need it more than History though.
    It doesn't work this way. And furthermore, Accounting is a blacklisted subject at A-level.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for economics and my other choice at LSE is management, I received 4 week emails for both
    Currently Im 2 weeks into my 4 week emails and I really hope you guys will be better off than me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    It doesn't work this way. And furthermore, Accounting is a blacklisted subject at A-level.
    math is the big thing for lse. As long as you have math you technically meet their requirements. Other than that they want to see that you have challenged yourself with the courses you take - if you can get an a in fm that is a big plus. Other than that, economics is considered average in terms of difficulty and accounting downright easy. History is a difficult subject that teaches you how to right essays - a skill invaluable when writing personal statements etc.

if i was you id take math, fm, history and econ. You could even swap out econ for physics. It is.more math based and you get a broad range of science, humanities and.quantitative subjects. Top grades in 3 math based subjects, you will show them that you can handle the difficulty of the the math on the accounting course - which is really the only thing they really care about. History will also show them that you have writing skills to supplement quantitative skill.

fm, math, history and physics - you'd be golde

ReputationRep:
    Jeez I got another 4 week email, I didn't even make it through my additional 2 ****ing weeks. I'm over the ****ing moon. Pol and Philosophy btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logolept)
    Jeez I got another 4 week email, I didn't even make it through my additional 2 ****ing weeks. I'm over the ****ing moon. Pol and Philosophy btw.
    God dammit. Sounds like we'd all better prepare for 4 week emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My 8+2 weeks ended today and I still haven't heard back yet! It really bothers me that they aren't sticking to their schedule of sending out decisions. They should not tell us we will hear back in 8 weeks if this is not the case. I would rather they give me accurate information from the beginning, even if it means that they send us 16 week emails.

ReputationRep:
    My 8+2 weeks actually finishes on the 23rd of jan but LSE sent me another 4 week email today! So annoying, just want them to make their flippin mind up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logolept)
    I know your pain. It's been 3 months since I applied for Politics and Philosophy, including the 8 + 2 week emails. Just got the 4 week one today. It's like some sort of irritating scavenger hunt!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I got the 2 week email then the 8 week email and today they sent me the 4 week email...do they just keep sending you those emails to make u wait? Like i don't mind a straight rejection but why are they making you wait forever?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping and praying to be one of the cambridge rejects at the LSE next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryrytho)
    I know your pain. It's been 3 months since I applied for Politics and Philosophy, including the 8 + 2 week emails. Just got the 4 week one today. It's like some sort of irritating scavenger hunt!:confused:
    My girlfriend recieved an offer for Politics and Philosophy in December at the end of her 8 week email, not sure why?

ReputationRep:
    What have people heard for government and economics? I just got another 4 week email...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CiaranAndrew)
    Thank youu! Well, I applied on the 17th Nov and got the offer 5 weeks after they sent me the '8 week email'. I don't think I got a 4 week email?
    congrats! what were your predicted/gcses, if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.