Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    Does anyone know what the average UMS avg. is that gets into Cambridge?
    95+.That's what Mike 123 said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Nope interviews still going on this week so please don't mention specifics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooops sorry! I didn't go through the interview process but I thought it was over by now, my mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    95+.That's what Mike 123 said!
    hopefully my 94.1 avg is rounded up then hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    hopefully my 94.1 avg is rounded up then hahahaha
    Mine's 85ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Ooops sorry! I didn't go through the interview process but I thought it was over by now, my mistake.
    Yeah it's fine, I just wanted to make sure no one accidentally messed up their application
    I'd say the best time to discuss individual questions will surely be in January, that'll be risk free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Yeah it's fine, I just wanted to make sure no one accidentally messed up their application
    I'd say the best time to discuss individual questions will surely be in January, that'll be risk free
    Outside the door for my interview there was a note (mostly explaining the format of the interview) but it also said that it's in your best interests not to discuss the interview or the interview process until the middle of January. Presumably this is in case they want to interview some of the pooled applicants? Not sure though, I'd say that's a good guideline time frame anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahrheit)
    Outside the door for my interview there was a note (mostly explaining the for at of the interview) but it also said that it's in your best interests not to discuss the interview or the interview process until the middle of January. Presumably this is in case they want to interview some of the pooled applicants? Not sure though, I'd say that's a good guideline time frame anyway
    Yep sounds like a plan, so if we have that as the rule on this thread then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has got any offers from the following and if so what were your predicted grades and what kind of offer did they give you:

Leeds Uni
    Loughborough
    Heriot-Watt
    Nottingham Trent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon606)
    Just wondering if anyone has got any offers from the following and if so what were your predicted grades and what kind of offer did they give you:

Leeds Uni
    Loughborough
    Heriot-Watt
    Nottingham Trent
    I've got an AAA offer for leeds and I applied with predicted grades of 4A*s, I know two other people who have offers there though with predicted grades of A*AA and AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wojtek97)
    Has anyone got Exeter for Economics?
    Got an offer for straight Econ on the conditions AAB

ReputationRep:

Leeds Uni
    Loughborough
    Heriot-Watt
    Nottingham Trent
    3A from Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Mine's 85ish
    Didn't you get like 3 Bs at AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Didn't you get like 3 Bs at AS?
    Yes but scored 79% UMS in each of them.100% in Economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Interviews matter far less than people think! If UMS >95 then your chances are still good I'd say!

You make things sound so easy How many econ applicants do you think are interviewed given the initial number of applicants is over 100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    You make things sound so easy How many econ applicants do you think are interviewed given the initial number of applicants is over 100?
    Are you talking about a college? That's quite a lot, I don't know but my guess would be 70%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    Congrats, When did you apply? and what are your stats?
    12 A star and 1 A at GCSE

3A 1B at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Are you talking about a college? That's quite a lot, I don't know but my guess would be 70%?
    Yeah, I mean King's had 140 something applicants but I never found out how many they actually interviewed. Even so, I find it so hard to think how the interviewers can actually decide. Going off what you said before, I do hope the interview doesn't play as massive a role as we all think it does xd

ReputationRep:

Leeds Uni
    Loughborough
    Heriot-Watt
    Nottingham Trent
    Got an AAA offer off Leeds with predicted grades of A*AB in Maths, Business Studies and Law so I've got a feeling it ain't that competitive

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on this thread seems to have insanely high predicted/achieved grades, thought I'd just post my grades/offers/unis (all for Economics BSc) if anyone was wondering the sorta grades needed for these unis

GCSE's - ABBBBCCCCD
    AS - AABD
    A-level predicted: Maths - A*, Business Studies - A, Law - B

Got all 5 offers within 2 weeks of sending off UCAS:
    Manchester AAB (A in Maths) - probably going to firm it
    Sheffield AAB (B in Maths) - probably insurance
    Liverpool - AAA
    Leeds - AAA
    Newcastle - ABB (lowered offer on partners programme, only applies if I firm it though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    Yeah, I mean King's had 140 something applicants but I never found out how many they actually interviewed. Even so, I find it so hard to think how the interviewers can actually decide. Going off what you said before, I do hope the interview doesn't play as massive a role as we all think it does xd
    There's not a fixed quota as to how many get interviewed. They state that (for Economics) they usually invite applicants to interview with 90%+ UMS, barring exceptions such as extenuating circumstances, poor school etc. My guess is that most would easily pass the 90UMS threshold so I can't see it being 70% interviewed, more towards 80-90%.

Likewise, I agree, the admissions tutor's job at Kings must be hell picking 10 people from 123. But there's the pool to balance things out, so if you're good enough you'd still get in elsewhere. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.