Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apart from Bristol, does anyone know other Universities that don't require any entrance exams (UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT) (also apart from Birmingham because they only accept graduates at the time of application :unimpressed:)

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, how do universities find out our predicted grades in our degree if we are in our final year, and do i enter it as a qualification if I haven't finished it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xertyl)
    I was wondering, how do universities find out our predicted grades in our degree if we are in our final year, and do i enter it as a qualification if I haven't finished it?
    I imagine your referee would put it in your reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzleLight)
    Apart from Bristol, does anyone know other Universities that don't require any entrance exams (UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT) (also apart from Birmingham because they only accept graduates at the time of application :unimpressed:)
    The graduate courses that don't require any entrance exams are Bristol, Birmingham and Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me put my degree as pending on the education section ? Any help is appreciated thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if I could get a little advice from anyone that's been watching the UKCAT results this year or has been looking into the uni cut offs.

I did my UKCAT and am pretty disappointed I got 658 (670,770,630,560). I was wondering if this is anywhere near good enough to meet any of the UKCAT uni's cut off.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)
    It won't let me put my degree as pending on the education section ? Any help is appreciated thanks !
    If you enter your modules, you can set them as pending?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, Just finished ukcat and got 710 average. I'm really hoping the cut offs are low for newcastle and kings this year. But placing my bets of warick, kings and then newcastle. I don't have A-level chemistry, have a first BSc and lots of work experience (am a physio and previously worked as HCA). Is there a final place anyone can think of worth applying to? I'm pretty limited without the chemistry I know. Cheers, Richard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richardjamesford)
    Hey all, Just finished ukcat and got 710 average. I'm really hoping the cut offs are low for newcastle and kings this year. But placing my bets of warick, kings and then newcastle. I don't have A-level chemistry, have a first BSc and lots of work experience (am a physio and previously worked as HCA). Is there a final place anyone can think of worth applying to? I'm pretty limited without the chemistry I know. Cheers, Richard
    Southampton? Or do they want Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem, try adding your university as a separate test centre, then under that centre add your degree, then enter the finish date and it should allow u to set it as pending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    Southampton? Or do they want Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeahhh they want chemistry too. Think that may be the only three!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty similar situation to me, I have a first in midwifery, so plenty of experience and no chem, you could check the Bart's website they have a list of degrees that don't need Chem. I was surprised they accepted Midwifery so they may take Physio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    Pretty similar situation to me, I have a first in midwifery, so plenty of experience and no chem, you could check the Bart's website they have a list of degrees that don't need Chem. I was surprised they accepted Midwifery so they may take Physio
    Just checked, they would need chemistry. Are you applying for 2016 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xertyl)
    I had this problem, try adding your university as a separate test centre, then under that centre add your degree, then enter the finish date and it should allow u to set it as pending
    Hey, it doesn't let you add universities as new school/college/centres? Please advise

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it doesn't let you add universities as new school/college/centres? Please advise
    It does, you just need to type the name in yourself it's because they don't have a centre number!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think there's an option saying 'my school or college is not in the list' and let's u manually type it

ReputationRep:
    Just checked, they would need chemistry. Are you applying for 2016 entry?
    I am and I agree with NHSfan, though I suppose you don't do much Chem in physio, we do some pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, but not much else.

Well I did agree with NHSfan, but the post appears to have disappeared. If it makes you feel any better, Warwick is my only feasible option as I have children so I can't move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    I am and I agree with NHSfan, though I suppose you don't do much Chem in physio, we do some pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, but not much else.

Well I did agree with NHSfan, but the post appears to have disappeared. If it makes you feel any better, Warwick is my only feasible option as I have children so I can't move.
    Oops! Yes, I removed it, as I thought someone might accuse me of being judgmental! I looked at the Bart's thing and find it rather odd. Natural Science grads, including those from Cambridge have to have Chemistry, yet Human Sciences grads, including Oxford, don't. Bizarre, but then what do I know.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Oops! Yes, I removed it, as I thought someone might accuse me of being judgmental! I looked at the Bart's thing and find it rather odd. Natural Science grads, including those from Cambridge have to have Chemistry, yet Human Sciences grads, including Oxford, don't. Bizarre, but then what do I know.......
    It does seem a little odd, I'm sure there is method in it ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    Don't think it matters but I put all my modules to be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you enter individual modules of a degree? I couldn't see anywhere to add them in...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.