Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to learn Stress and cardiovascular and psychatric disorders , it's in my text book but we never got taught it in class so unsure if its still on the specification ?

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference between internalisation and identification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relish)
    whats the difference between internalisation and identification?
    Well I have no idea what identification is lol. But internalisation is when a person believes that others ideas are more valuable than their own, so they go with what the others believe. Much different to compliance where you conform so you don't feel rejected.

I guess it's because we as humans want to feel accepted and hate rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An outline of emotion-focused approaches to coping with stress.
    What is this? O_O
    was in a past paper but mark scheme says nothing literally...
    help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Well I have no idea what identification is lol. But internalisation is when a person believes that others ideas are more valuable than their own, so they go with what the others believe. Much different to compliance where you conform so you don't feel rejected.

I guess it's because we as humans want to feel accepted and hate rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thnks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that there is a high chance of Asch's study coming up? Like as a 6 marker or 10 marker?

ReputationRep:
    Milgram hasn't come up as a 12 marker before.

ReputationRep:
    I think the 12 marker will be on Abnormality this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could someone outline exactly what the procedure is for ECT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    An outline of emotion-focused approaches to coping with stress.
    What is this? O_O
    was in a past paper but mark scheme says nothing literally...
    help
    I think it means psychological therapies for stress like stress inoculation therapy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1gg1n)
    Do we need to learn Stress and cardiovascular and psychatric disorders , it's in my text book but we never got taught it in class so unsure if its still on the specification ?
    No on the spec it just says you need to know stress and the immune system!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    Milgram hasn't come up as a 12 marker before.
    ok then i'm slightly worried tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollev27)
    I think it means psychological therapies for stress like stress inoculation therapy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg mark scheme says

Emotion-focused coping involves such strategies as the use of defence mechanisms(avoidance, denial, repression.) Social support systems can provide another emotion-focusedway of coping; this includes networks of friends and family who provide psychological help.This social support can also extend to work colleagues. Award 1 mark for a brief statement ofthe approach and further marks for elaboration. The use of drugs to change emotional states iscreditworthy. However, the material must be applied to the impact of drugs on emotional statesto receive more than limited credit.The discussion can focus on the strengths or limitations of the approach. Candidates could alsoconsider the relative merits of the emotion-focused approach as compared with the problemfocusedapproach. Up to 2 marks for identifying strengths and/or weaknesses. Further 2 marksfor elaboration, perhaps in terms of the consequences of the approach, whether or not it issuccessful and whether this is short-term or long-term.(Please note that, when you have completed the standardisation process and are cleared to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    it doesnt need to be detailed because it is a 4 marker but 2 points so 1 point gets 2 marks, i did not need to explain why it is oversimplified because t already is and this automatically gets me a mark i would assume i did try to explain by elaborating on it and this is why im not sure whether i get the 2 or 1 mark for it

Ive just looked at the psych book revision guide and bang it says the main criticism is it oversimplfies memory structures and processes which is very similar to my point so it probably gets me 1 and the kf is a seperate study on unitary stores
    This would only get 1 mark as it is not detailed enough. I'm in my second year and I see a lot of people thinking that a sentence or two is sufficient for 2 marks. You need to fully elaborate it; the criticisms in textbooks aren't always elaborated, they are there to give you an idea - not for you to repeat and assume you get full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallbanks)
    When evaluating a study do you need to put both positive and negative points for AO2 or can you just put criticisms??

Any help would be most appreciated!!

You don't need both. It's always useful to have negative points though and sometimes you are asked for negative issues with Milgram's study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    This would only get 1 mark as it is not detailed enough. I'm in my second year and I see a lot of people thinking that a sentence or two is sufficient for 2 marks. You need to fully elaborate it; the criticisms in textbooks aren't always elaborated, they are there to give you an idea - not for you to repeat and assume you get full marks.
    Tbh I know this will get me 1 mark because i literally guessed this because i didnt really learn limitations but strengths instead lol but anyways thank you mate 1 is better than none

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimsnaywux)
    is this for aqa too? I wonder why I haven't been taught them, but then I think it may be because our AO2 may just be the strengths and limitations, I really don't know tbh ahaha hmm
    Hello Psychology exams don't require you to learn specific studies for the exam, you're free to use any which are relevant, except for ones specified on the spec - Milgram. So obviously different teachers will use different studies and treatments for different question areas.

ReputationRep:
    do we need to know about the sympathetic and parasympathetic route specifically in terms of the sympathomedullary pathway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    omg mark scheme says

Emotion-focused coping involves such strategies as the use of defence mechanisms(avoidance, denial, repression.) Social support systems can provide another emotion-focusedway of coping; this includes networks of friends and family who provide psychological help.This social support can also extend to work colleagues. Award 1 mark for a brief statement ofthe approach and further marks for elaboration. The use of drugs to change emotional states iscreditworthy. However, the material must be applied to the impact of drugs on emotional statesto receive more than limited credit.The discussion can focus on the strengths or limitations of the approach. Candidates could alsoconsider the relative merits of the emotion-focused approach as compared with the problemfocusedapproach. Up to 2 marks for identifying strengths and/or weaknesses. Further 2 marksfor elaboration, perhaps in terms of the consequences of the approach, whether or not it issuccessful and whether this is short-term or long-term.(Please note that, when you have completed the standardisation process and are cleared to
    what year was this mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentwiz)
    what year was this mark scheme?
    jan 09

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.