Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Thanks. I hope your day gets better too. Just one of those days I think. I'd planned to do loads of stuff today and haven't done any of it so I'm just sat in bed still :/
    Thank you Mmm yeah I see what you mean, I have an essay due and I just want to lie in bed but I'll have to force myself to get up and make a start on it. Don't beat yourself up about it though, we all have those days and even if you get some stuff done it's still an achievement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I can't imagine how awful having panic attacks in the exam must be I don't think you're beyond help :nah: It's just no one has tried to help you properly yet! A clinical psychologist could engage with you in trauma therapy and/or cognitive behavioural therapy and/or that eye movement therapy thing (I forget the acronym ), depending on what's deemed appropriate :yes:
    It was pretty bad, but I still managed to finish the majority of the exam...Still feel bad about it though. :dontknow:
    I hope they're able to. Is it EMDR? My counsellor at uni (she's also a trained psychotherapist) did a little EMDR on me and it was strange, not really sure how it works tbh.

How are you doing? :hugs: Here if you need anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    welcome

it's going OK.
    OK is good enough! Hopefully things stay that way for a while.

(Original post by SassQueen13)
    Thank you Mmm yeah I see what you mean, I have an essay due and I just want to lie in bed but I'll have to force myself to get up and make a start on it. Don't beat yourself up about it though, we all have those days and even if you get some stuff done it's still an achievement
    Yeah the disappointing thing is I'd planned to do some fun stuff today that I can't do now as it's too late. The weather isn't great anyway though so cycling probably wasn't the best idea. I'm so behind on uni work at the minute, just can't motivate myself to do anything for this certain module. Although the rest are going fine. Hopefully we both get some super motivation soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    returning to post my successes of the day here

so far: none

next aim: wrap presents, listen to Slipknot's new album
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pathway)
    It was pretty bad, but I still managed to finish the majority of the exam...Still feel bad about it though. :dontknow:
    I hope they're able to. Is it EMDR? My counsellor at uni (she's also a trained psychotherapist) did a little EMDR on me and it was strange, not really sure how it works tbh.

How are you doing? :hugs: Here if you need anything.
    You did amazingly, so no need to feel bad :nah:

Yes, that's the one! I'm not sure how it's meant to work either but it's meant to have quite good success rates, so I've heard.

Not doing too good. Infant and Psychotic TLGs keep screaming and it's hard not to scream aloud :emo:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I might as well drop a hello on this thread, seeing as I got my referral letter from the NHS yesterday for my mh assessment.

ReputationRep:
    So i've been in hospital again for almost a week and have been sectioned (section 2), so i'm not even allowed to leave the ward at all. It's horrible and I thought i'd be safe here but there are so many ways to hurt myself here and the urges and hard to resist. I have had some pretty close calls before the nurses have come into my room for checks. I guess nowhere is safe. I associated my last admission with being manic and now that i'm depressed it's a much worse experience. Still, at least now my mum doesn't need to feel responsible for me.

Hope you guys are doing ok
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I might as well drop a hello on this thread, seeing as I got my referral letter from the NHS yesterday for my mh assessment.
    Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo :hi:

(Original post by Cinnie)
    So i've been in hospital again for almost a week and have been sectioned (section 2), so i'm not even allowed to leave the ward at all. It's horrible and I thought i'd be safe here but there are so many ways to hurt myself here and the urges and hard to resist. I have had some pretty close calls before the nurses have come into my room for checks. I guess nowhere is safe. I associated my last admission with being manic and now that i'm depressed it's a much worse experience. Still, at least now my mum doesn't need to feel responsible for me.

Huge :jumphug: I'm sorry that there are so many ways to hurt yourself in there. Perhaps you could point this out to the nurses, so they can make your room/ward more Cinnie-friendly? :console:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo :hi:
    Hello! :hi:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hello! :hi:
    You've come to a good place - lots of lovely people in here who will make you feel right at home :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You've come to a good place - lots of lovely people in here who will make you feel right at home :hugs:
    Ooh, yay. Support is good.

ReputationRep:
    Not doing too good. Infant and Psychotic TLGs keep screaming and it's hard not to scream aloud :emo:
    Sorry to hear you aren't too good :hugs: Is there anything you can do to shut them up? Music maybe?

Hey! Welcome to the thread

(Original post by Cinnie)

Sorry to hear you've been sectioned :hugs: and sorry your ward isn't very safe. Like TLG said, could you possibly speak to the nurses or your named nurse and see if they can make it safer for you? Have they given you any idea when they are going to give you section 17 leave so you can go out for a bit or that? Hang on in there, it will get better :hugs:

(Original post by Pathway)
    I can't remember if I've talked to you about EMDR before, but I've been doing it for about a year and it really does work. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I think it's because normally, our minds deal with trauma during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. However, sometimes that doesn't always work, so EMDR makes you recall the trauma whilst your eyes are moving like they would during REM sleep. Over time, this process makes it much easier for your mind to handle the experience. I did mine for a phobia and it's worked very well. My phobia was emetophobia (phobia of others and myself being sick). Before even talking about sick would make me start to dissociate, and witnessing it would really mess with me, but now I can watch it, listen to it and I can be near people who are being sick, and most importantly, look after ill people without worrying I will be sick!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Sorry to hear you aren't too good :hugs: Is there anything you can do to shut them up? Music maybe?
    Thanks hun. Listening to one of my soothing playlists to try and calm them down. They're very agitated Might try doing a blog post about it in a moment...

Sorry things aren't great with you btw. Hope it's not heading for a full-blown relapse and glad your psychiatrist and girlfriend are on the ball :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Hey! Welcome to the thread
    Hi!

ReputationRep:
    Just wanna drop out of uni, because i'm gonna do **** anyway

Does anyone else on here write what they want to say, and then delete the post without clicking submit? I do it ALL the time. It kind of makes me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun. Listening to one of my soothing playlists to try and calm them down. They're very agitated Might try doing a blog post about it in a moment...

Sorry things aren't great with you btw. Hope it's not heading for a full-blown relapse and glad your psychiatrist and girlfriend are on the ball :hugs:
    Soothing playlist sounds a good idea, hope it helps. Does blogging help you with the voices? My mentor at uni keeps recommending I get a diary/blog to help me understand any "odd experiences", but I've been too lazy to start one...

Thanks :hugs: I feel slightly better today so I'm hoping the meds are working (although I am desperate to get off the Quetiapine, I'm getting to a crucial phase in my course and a relapse is just not an option at all).

Hi!
    How are you today?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Just wanna drop out of uni, because i'm gonna do **** anyway
    Not true :nah:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else on here write what they want to say, and then delete the post without clicking submit? I do it ALL the time. It kind of makes me feel better.
    Nah, I just word vomit on here (within reason, as in, non-triggering word vomit) and hit send

Soothing playlist sounds a good idea, hope it helps. Does blogging help you with the voices? My mentor at uni keeps recommending I get a diary/blog to help me understand any "odd experiences", but I've been too lazy to start one...

Thanks :hugs: I feel slightly better today so I'm hoping the meds are working (although I am desperate to get off the Quetiapine, I'm getting to a crucial phase in my course and a relapse is just not an option at all).
    I dunno, I've just been ranting a lot about how awful my time at Oxford was so far and that part of my mental health journey. Haven't really dealt with the here and now yet But my therapist also thought it might help me, so Idk... :dontknow:

I don't blame you for wanting off the meds, but do keep taking them for now. Hopefully they will work some magic soon and you'll be able to get through this important bit of your course Really proud of you for keeping going :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

How are you today?
    Empty, like a shell. I don't want to talk or move or even think but my mind is going crazy right now.

ReputationRep:
    Not true :nah:
    been to 7 lectures out of 35 this term and haven't caught up on any yet, and also have an essay due in in a week, which i haven't started yet. Just such a useless ****ing mess. Haven't even cleaned my room or had a shower yet, and those were the two things that were important because my parents are coming tomorrow

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.