Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got the email asking for personal references yesterday too. Nothing about my health form though. Good to know that stuff is underway.

ReputationRep:
    Cool I'm glad it wasn't just me! When we filled out the reference forms 2 months ago I don't remember them asking for personal ones. My second referee got contacted through email and asked general questions about me! Glad the checks are beginning

ReputationRep:
    When does this scheme start and are there any interviews in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those who've had their referees contacted, what's your status, do you have gaps in your academic/employment history? I ask as they told me that's the only reason they'll contact them and I'm not planning on handing in my notice till August so it could be very *****y if they do go against their word.

ReputationRep:
    Hey La Haine, They've contacted both of my personal references and I have no gaps in my employment history over the last 9 years. I told them they couldn't contact my current employer and I think that's why they have now asked for 2 personal references (originally they only asked us all for 1).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Haine)
    Those who've had their referees contacted, what's your status, do you have gaps in your academic/employment history? I ask as they told me that's the only reason they'll contact them and I'm not planning on handing in my notice till August so it could be very *****y if they do go against their word.

Hey, I had jobs throughout university and graduated last summer and have been travelling since but they don't know that since they only asked about employers, so I guess I have a gap? Both my referees were contacted.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there will be weekend working on the course? Or if it will just be weekdays?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I also got contacted for a second reference and my health declaration form despite sending it two months ago. I contacted the number at the bottom of the email and they assured me they do not contact employers for their references as they are able check on their database where we've worked. I was in the same boat (my employers not knowing I'll be leaving). They contacted my first reference and will probably contact my second reference come Monday. Hopefully we can see the contracts soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy3561)
    Does anyone know if there will be weekend working on the course? Or if it will just be weekdays?
    I believe it's just weekdays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabs1991)
    I believe it's just weekdays
    Hope you're right! Just got confused because the HO jobs advertised now apparently are evenings and weekends as well

My DBS for HMRC has came through the post today, so looks like things are moving along

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're right! Just got confused because the HO jobs advertised now apparently are evenings and weekends as well

My DBS for HMRC has came through the post today, so looks like things are moving along
    O thats good. Are you external? Im guessing we should all started to see ours this week

ReputationRep:

Do you know the job titles for any HO jobs? I know HMRC's customer service consultants work full time hours 5 days a week but could be any 5 days and any times between 0800 and 2200 iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who attended the AC but was unsuccessful or on reserve been offered a HO post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabs1991)
    O thats good. Are you external? Im guessing we should all started to see ours this week
    Yeah I am external are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    Do you know the job titles for any HO jobs? I know HMRC's customer service consultants work full time hours 5 days a week but could be any 5 days and any times between 0800 and 2200 iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, no I don't know any of the titles. My friend was offered a HO in May from the recruitment exercise before this one, but he hasn't been given any information about when or what he will be doing yet.

What level would a customer service consultant be at?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any of my references have been contacted yet and no letter from HMRC about DBS checks...

Should I be worried :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am external are you?
    Yes i'm external too.

Apologies about the late reply!

ReputationRep:
    None of my references have been checked yet either and no correspondence about dbs. But im not concerned yet, lol

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today saying my pre employment checks were complete!

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's great. Looks like things are moving along in good time.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.