Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have all of my offers now and in the end, Exeter were the slowest and Loughborough were the quickest. My other unis were Surrey, York and Oxford Brookes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Then you are probably a middle range scoring applicant and they are waiting until they have all applications in to see where you rank against others.
    sheit, that makes sense.
    But, I did get an interview from Oxford and have 2 unconditional offers. Does that mean im a higher-mid applicant?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything from Bristol re: innovation courses?

I sent the extra assignment just before the university closed for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from qmu ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    sheit, that makes sense.
    But, I did get an interview from Oxford and have 2 unconditional offers. Does that mean im a higher-mid applicant?
    it means that different universities assess your application differently - I've seen people with Oxbridge offers rejected from unis like Durham, Imperial, LSE etc.

getting an offer from one university doesn't automatically mean you're a competitive applicant at another

ReputationRep:
    I had 2 offers from Northumbria less than 24 after sending my application ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is quick. Kent is quite fast too and Westminster took the longest. I totally forgotten about Westminster until they suddenly popped out of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elainelane)
    Cardiff is quick. Kent is quite fast too and Westminster took the longest. I totally forgotten about Westminster until they suddenly popped out of nowhere.
    Kent has taken the longest for my friend - although she did only apply a month or so ago.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for CS at Edinburgh, Warwick, St. Andrews, King's College and UCL yesterday. It will probably take quite a while for them to respond, right? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanillaboy)
    Applied for CS at Edinburgh, Warwick, St. Andrews, King's College and UCL yesterday. It will probably take quite a while for them to respond, right? :/
    I guess it does, because of the deadline. I sent my options 2 days ago. Good luck! ^^

ReputationRep:
    Some courses also require interviews, like a lot of art & design based courses, I have interviews at Loughborough, Falmouth, Brighton. Then they usually say they'll get back to you within the week with an offer or not.

ReputationRep:
    I got Liverpool and Birmingham offers within a week of sending my application, Bristol took a little longer and I'm still waiting for anything from imperial college London (and a rejection from Oxford hahaha I'm not bitter)

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Politics at Sheffield, Leicester, UEA, Leeds and Southampton a few days ago, still waiting to hear anything. My friend sent his for psychology at the same time and got a conditional from Bournemouth and an unconditional from UEL that afternoon! :run:

ReputationRep:
    Are Edinburgh known to be slow? Son had an early application (September) and has four offers up to this week. Still nothing from Edinburgh. He has a sibling who applied to St Andrews a couple of years ago (also early applicant) and they didn't hear till the end of January. Are all the Scottish universities slow ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalfruitfan)
    Are Edinburgh known to be slow? Son had an early application (September) and has four offers up to this week. Still nothing from Edinburgh. He has a sibling who applied to St Andrews a couple of years ago (also early applicant) and they didn't hear till the end of January. Are all the Scottish universities slow ?
    For law they don't normally reply until around March. I'm not sure about other courses

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for UCL to reply since November 3rd for neuroscience. All of my other choices have given me an offer already (KCL, Bristol, Nottingham, Cardiff), but UCL is my first choice - if they give me a conditional! :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JudahS)
    Essex
    Goldsmiths
    Nottingham Trent
    Oxford Brookes
    Winchester

Anyone? I sent mine off two days ago. Will it take months to hear back?

Update: Conditional recieved from nottingham trent after 3 days
    I applied about a month ago (maybe slightly over) for politics, philosophy and economics at Goldsmiths and I haven't heard from them yet but heard from 3 other unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    Same! What course did you apply for?
    At St Andrews I've applied for two courses, English as well as Comparative Literature and Classical Studies, and then at Edinburgh I've applied for English Literature and Classics.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Goldsmiths or Exeter for Politics, Philosophy and Economics?

My sister got an offer from Exeter last week for French, but PPE is quite a popular course so I knew it would tak a while. Just wondering if anyone else has any offers yet (especially for Goldsmiths)? I've heard from Royal Holloway, Leeds and Lancaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    Hopefully they'll reply to both of us on the same day
    Nice, yeah I can imagine, the wait is quite painful...

I don't know yet, but either Sheffield or Cardiff would probably my first choice if they gave me an offer What about you?
    I hope you hear from those two soon And I've no idea, I wish I had a top choice :/ I'd be happy going to any of my choices, just have to wait and see where else I get offers from before comparing and deciding!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.