Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Personally I think you have made more of an impact then most of the mps ever will. But it's your choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That made me smile. It's nice to be noticed sometimes. I'd love to stay, so I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    LOL, the government will fail. I'm about 90% sure of it. But hey, it's not my place to predict such things.

I'm taking a break from this place. Members of the House seem to be quite secretive and selective. When I joined I was seen as an intruder and I still am seen as one.

I'm not staying where I'm not wanted. If you want to be an unsociable community then this House will surely collapse before too long.
    Who are you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Who are you? :confused:
    Who are you? Yes, yes, I know you've just become PM but that's literally all I know.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Who are you? Yes, yes, I know you've just become PM but that's literally all I know.
    Some say, he single handedly killed a man. With his thumb.
    Some say, he's a dupe of Nigel Farage MEP.
    Some say, he's not even real.
    Some say, he's the Father of the House - oh ****, nah, that'd be toronto.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you so much! This means a lot.

I don't think people do it intentionally, it's just a small community here and I'm struggling to fit in I suppose.
    I'd honestly suggest joining a party. It's a lot easier to fit in that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Some say, he single handedly killed a man. With his thumb.
    Some say, he's a dupe of Nigel Farage MEP.
    Some say, he's not even real.
    Some say, he's the Father of the House - oh ****, nah, that'd be toronto.
    If he's a dupe of Nigel Farage MEP then this nation is screwed TBH.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    If he's a dupe of Nigel Farage MEP then this nation is screwed TBH.
    Don't need a dupe for the nation to be screwed.

ReputationRep:
    According to the search results, you've been here for about two months despite not being a member of any of the parties, yet you're 90% sure that the government will fail and are ‘taking a break from this place’? :laugh:

I don't think you're seen as an ‘intruder’—I simply see you as the person who came to ***** about her failed marriage or whatnot…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I'd honestly suggest joining a party. It's a lot easier to fit in that way
    I always thought it would be easier as an Indy, as it'd be easier to find common ground with everyone. I kind of had a vision of being an Indy that opens people's eyes. That was probably me being naive.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I always thought it would be easier as an Indy, as it'd be easier to find common ground with everyone. I kind of had a vision of being an Indy that opens people's eyes. That was probably me being naive.
    The thing with being an indie though, is that you're only on the periphery of things. If you join a party, you're surrounded by a small community of like-minded people and you're able to work at something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    According to the search results, you've been here for about two months despite not being a member of any of the parties, yet you're 90% sure that the government will fail and are ‘taking a break from this place’? :laugh:

I don't think you're seen as an ‘intruder’—I simply see you as the person who came to ***** about her failed marriage or whatnot…
    Yes, that's right, I'm an Independent. A coalition consisting of people on opposite ends of the political spectrum, as well as a totally new party, simply sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've been considering taking a break from the House because this tight-knit community may not be right for me.

This is a small community, and I appear to be a total time-waster. What else could it be? I haven't *****ed about my 'failed marriage', thank you very much; I apologise for the annoyance, but I used the Bar to vent my anger. I know this is wrong.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, that's right, I'm an Independent. A coalition consisting of people on opposite ends of the political spectrum, as well as a totally new party, simply sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've been considering taking a break from the House because this tight-knit community may not be right for me.

This is a small community, and I appear to be a total time-waster. What else could it be? I haven't *****ed about my 'failed marriage', thank you very much; I apologise for the annoyance, but I used the Bar to vent my anger. I know this is wrong.
    I would hardly call the Conservative Party, Liberal Party, and National Liberal Party as on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I would hardly call the Conservative Party, Liberal Party, and National Liberal Party as on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
    Certainly not the parties as a whole, but some of the members appear to be on opposite ends.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

I wouldn't say we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum. We're economically centrist, they're economically centre-right. We're Socially Liberal, they're socially centrist
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Certainly not the parties as a whole, but some of the members appear to be on opposite ends.
    You're always going to have members in a Party who are further out than the majority... that doesn't mean the whole government is going to collapse because of that, because it's a Party effort...

I'd say that when there was the Lib-UKIP-Grn coalition was more of an 'opposite ends of the political spectrum' kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with being an indie though, is that you're only on the periphery of things. If you join a party, you're surrounded by a small community of like-minded people and you're able to work at something
    I totally understand, but I'm going through a terrible time at the moment. You could call it an existential crisis. I don't really know who I am at the moment. I thought I did, but I still have a long way to go before I'm mentally stable. Being handed those unspeakable papers today didn't help, either.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum. We're economically centrist, they're economically centre-right. We're Socially Liberal, they're socially centrist
    I think the more outspoken members are the problem, though... but they can be ousted if needs be I suppose...
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I totally understand, but I'm going through a terrible time at the moment. You could call it an existential crisis. I don't really know who I am at the moment. I thought I did, but I still have a long way to go before I'm mentally stable. Being handed those unspeakable papers today didn't help, either.
    Fair enough. You are always welcome though.

I think the more outspoken members are the problem, though... but they can be ousted if needs be I suppose...
    I can understand your concerns, but they won't bring down the Government or even come close to

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. You are always welcome though.
    Now I feel bad. I just don't think I'd be a very good party member. I've been known to be very outspoken. I hope you're not angry.

I can understand your concerns, but they won't bring down the Government or even come close to
    That's good then.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Now I feel bad. I just don't think I'd be a very good party member. I've been known to be very outspoken. I hope you're not angry.

That's good then.
    Not at all It's your decision in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.