Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    new to this so wasnt sure about the reply? was there an angle given with the last question as well as the two sides?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennigb)
    was an angle given with this question, as well as the two sides?
    if you are refering to the last question- no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennigb)
    was an angle given with this question, as well as the two sides?
    If you are talking about the last question, no there was no angle. You got the angle by rearranging the Area equation .

Area = ( absinC)/2Sin-1 C

= 18x2/(7x8)

= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c

= 27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c

= 80.37550115= 80.4 degrees

ReputationRep:
    thanks for clarification on q25.

when I realised 40 was the wrong angle I was using 108 insteead of 112 for 2ab so got the wrong answser (i got around 69 instead of 80) but got it now thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The paper along with the answers are on youtube

ReputationRep:
    I just realized I forgot to put a ****ing key in my ****ing stem leaf. **** YOU **** **** ****

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I forgot to put a ****ing key in my ****ing stem leaf. **** YOU **** **** ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    What do you think you'll get?
    About 96 hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    If you are talking about the last question, no there was no angle. You got the angle by rearranging the Area equation .

Area = ( absinC)/2Sin-1 C

= 18x2/(7x8)

= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c

= 27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c

= 80.37550115= 80.4 degrees
    How many marks would i get if i did round those answers. I still did everything else correct.

ReputationRep:
    Highest grade boundary on a foundation paper was in November 2009 which was 156.
    June 2009 - 149
    June 2010 - 153 and November was 147
    June 2011 - 131 and November was 129
    June 2012 - 130, November 139 and March 153
    June 2013 - 143, November 151, March 147
    June 2014 - 141, November 148
    June 2015 - 139, November 144
    June 2016?????

Hope this helps us...

ReputationRep:
    Guys for Collins car question I forgot to add on the initial car park cost how many marks would I get I'm thinking maybe 3 due to having correct methods but lost 2 for the answer

ReputationRep:
    Also for the rearranging the formula
    It was y=5p^-x
    Isn't it permissible to simplify to y=p-x÷5p because technically that is the same

ReputationRep:
    What if I used 3.142 as pie?

ReputationRep:
    For the trial and improvement, the answer is 3.7, because the value that 3.7 gives is closer to 35, cant remember the figure, but the figures are very close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Global - fallacy)
    Guys for Collins car question I forgot to add on the initial car park cost how many marks would I get I'm thinking maybe 3 due to having correct methods but lost 2 for the answer
    Max 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    I have a question. It's okay if I used 3.142 as pie for the last question? I got close to 80.4. I think I got 81.1 as my answer to 1dp. Would I still get some marks. ( I showed the working out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2021)
    How many marks would i get if i did round those answers. I still did everything else correct.
    I believe you would get Method Marks and lose out on the Accuracy Mark(s) hence lose only 1 (or maybe 2) marks if they are harsh.

ReputationRep:
    i think i got around 100 what would that be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithj)
    If you didn't work out the value with X=3.75 you won't get full marks even if you've chosen the correct answer
    Thats exactly what i got, that is correct some people say 3.8 is answer which is incorrect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by densab11)
    I have a question. It's okay if I used 3.142 as pie for the last question? I got close to 80.4. I think I got 81.1 as my answer to 1dp. Would vI still get some marks. ( I showed the working out)

The paper usually says you can use 3.142 as pi.

Hence, you would get Method Marks and will lose out on the Accuracy Mark(s) if you still rounded in the middle of calculations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.