ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Now to get rid of Scotland.
    And London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Sturgeon announces 2nd Scottish Referendum is "on the table" and "highly likely".

Congrats Leavers.

There won't be much Left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right now I'm very thankful I have Irish citizenship as well as British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Sturgeon announces 2nd Scottish Referendum is "on the table" and "highly likely".

Congrats Leavers.

There won't be much Left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let the Scots take in all the EU migrants so we can build a wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    What's your source for that? I couldn't find anything on the internet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I reposted/regurgitated what another user on here shared with the updates. The user was neither remain or leave so I thought it was accurate. I actually need to check sources to make sure it's accurate rather than assuming. A wrong on my part.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the fastest growing thread ever?

104 pages after 14 hours

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it was a good idea for the government to put the decision in the public's hands. Then again we might still be leaving even if it was a parliament vote....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Let the Scots take in all the EU migrants so we can build a wall.
    You're just making yourself look like an idiot. Quit while you're not too far behind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pip.h.23)
    I don't think it was a good idea for the government to put the decision in the public's hands. Then again we might still be leaving even if it was a parliament vote....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unlikely, with all Labour and Lib Dem + a lot of conservatives it wouldn't have been close.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by alow)
    Right now I'm very thankful I have Irish citizenship as well as British.
    Me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    You're just making yourself look like an idiot. Quit while you're not too far behind.
    Quit what? We won lol.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by pip.h.23)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. Parliament is significantly pro-Remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    What's your source for that? I couldn't find anything on the internet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But here's what's definitely true and has sources:

EU referendum result: Is this the vote that will lead to a Scottish independence referendum – and break up the UK?
    Name:  reality.png
Views: 63
Size:  436.7 KB

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099911.html

After we leave, Scotland and even Northern Ireland may leave Britain. Leaving us with only Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Top 5 Leave
    >Boston - 24.4% / 76.6%
    >South Holland - 26.4% / 73.6%
    >Castle Point - 27.3% / 72.7%
    >Thurrock - 27.7% / 72.3%
    >Great Yarmoth - 28.5% / 71.5%

Top 5 Remain
    >Gibraltar - 95.9% / 4.1%
    >Lambeth - 78.6% / 21.4%
    >Hackney - 78.5% / 21.5%
    >Haringey - 75.6% / 24.4%
    >City of London - 75.3% / 24.7%

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson's father looks like he's on drugs.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to welshiee you got the the results exactly right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    The scale of the defeat has doubtless been a factor.

I can't help wondering how all the leave voters will feel in a few years time, with a much more right wing austerity loving government, a desperate economy and a plunged NHS.
    FullofSurprises I think you may know that I hate to pick you up on anything so if I do I really feel the need to.

I assume that because you are very well educated-one of the elite I think I can say-your future is assured.

The future of a great many less fortunate people in this country however depends solely on their chance of being able to get on the housing ladder.

Yes it's entirely possible that the economy will be worse but this actually should mean that some of those leave voters have a better chance of getting on the housing ladder.

The thing that I myself came to despise about all the main parties is their utter contempt for those voters who aren't home owners.

The fact is ,I believe,that if we had stayed in the rich would have got richer and the main way they would have done so is by investing yet more money in property.Thus making it even more impossible for others to get on the ladder.

But as I say people in your position need not worry about such things.

Hope this makes sense? Been up all night so it may not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proximo)
    Hi guys,

Just thought I'd make a thread for everyone who will be pulling an all nighter on TSR to see the results coming in during the night for the EU Referendum.

You can discuss anything during the night, the results, the interviews and Dimbleby's legendary hosting skills.

There will be no public exit poll so you have to stay up till 4am at least and maybe even 7am. I'm not sure when the official results are released however - it's happening in Manchester Town Hall, that's all I know.

Sadly I have an exam in the morning at 9 so I can't join all of you. But anyway make sure all the all nighters congregate here and discuss the results as they come through and off to keep each other company throughout, for the night is dark and full of terrors...

Enjoy!

Key times: 01:00 a few regions start to release their results
    04:00 results start pouring in from regions
    07:00 results officially announced in Manchester Town Hall

Predictions: if anyone wants to, just post your prediction of the results and I'll post them here:
    jneill 55/45 - Remain
    Proximo 59/41 - Remain
    Aj12 53/47 - Remain
    BasicMistake 54/56 - Remain
    MrDystopia 53/47 - Remain
    looseseal 54.5/45.5 - Remain
    NickLCFC 52/48 - Remain
    Impressive 65/35 - Remain
    JamesN88 54/46 - Remain
    Audrey18 65/35 - Leave
    welshiee 52/48 - Leave
    Man, the polls were wrong again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    :rofl:

There's no describing how disgusted I personally feel with idiot Tory rightwingers who've put us through all this for what amounts (probably) to a semi-detached status with the EU, still paying our subs, still in the single market (most likely) and still accepting freedom of movement - yet without any say in the proceedings.

For what? Ego? A sense of victory?

Watching some of them party this morning, I think some of them are seriously in need of one of those new brain transplant thingies.
    The EU was voted by the working class in Middle England and Wales. There is no 17 million Torries in the UK.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by moggis)
    FullofSurprises I think you may know that I hate to pick you up on anything so if I do I really feel the need to.

I assume that because you are very well educated-one of the elite I think I can say-your future is assured.

The future of a great many less fortunate people in this country however depends solely on their chance of being able to get on the housing ladder.

Yes it's entirely possible that the economy will be worse but this actually should mean that some of those leave voters have a better chance of getting on the housing ladder.

The thing that I myself came to despise about all the main parties is their utter contempt for those voters who aren't home owners.

The fact is ,I believe,that if we had stayed in the rich would have got richer and the main way they would have done so is by investing yet more money in property.Thus making it even more impossible for others to get on the ladder.

But as I say people in your position need not worry about such things.

Hope this makes sense? Been up all night so it may not
    The problem is that a fall in house prices may also be a function of a worsening economy. So houses may be cheaper but the first time buyers that this benefits may either not have a job, be earning less, or find it harder to get a mortgage.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.