Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    When did/planning to you guys start revising for your end of years? I've just had my sign off with my personal mentor and she acted like I should have started already. I sort of looked at her. I think she realised then spent 5 minutes banging about how I'm going to fail. I was planning on starting at the startish of April. Exams start the last week of May/first week of June.
    Whatever year you're in, take that number and add one or two. That's how many weeks of semi-solid revision I do before exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Whatever year you're in, take that number and add one or two. That's how many weeks of semi-solid revision I do before exams...
    I've got 13 weeks from Monday until my finals, which is when I plan on starting revision solidly.

I did two or three solid weeks before mocks, spent two days on Chest and four on paeds, and I passed. I am hoping this means that 13 will produce and even better pass mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    When did/planning to you guys start revising for your end of years? I've just had my sign off with my personal mentor and she acted like I should have started already. I sort of looked at her. I think she realised then spent 5 minutes banging about how I'm going to fail. I was planning on starting at the startish of April. Exams start the last week of May/first week of June.
    You sound like a prefresher man! You've scraped through on minimal lecture attendance and minimal revision (I assume) so far! The allocated revision time will be more than enough for you but I guess ideally we should after B+B thinking about getting stuck in, IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    You sound like a prefresher man! You've scraped through on minimal lecture attendance and minimal revision (I assume) so far! The allocated revision time will be more than enough for you but I guess ideally we should after B+B thinking about getting stuck in, IMO
    I don't understand this concept of 'revision' or 'getting stuck in'. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    For end of years I start about 1.5 months before the exam and go crazy(ish)?

But that's because I do barely anything throughout the year and have to learn things from scratch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I've got 13 weeks from Monday until my finals, which is when I plan on starting revision solidly.

I did two or three solid weeks before mocks, spent two days on Chest and four on paeds, and I passed. I am hoping this means that 13 will produce and even better pass mark.
    You looked pretty knackered already today. What block you on?

I did 4 1/2 weeks for end of year exams this time and appear to have royally ****ed up all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    ...have to learn things from scratch.
    story of my life...

ReputationRep:
    You looked pretty knackered already today. What block you on?

I did 4 1/2 weeks for end of year exams this time and appear to have royally ****ed up all of them.
    I just got back from having my tonsils done and I still feel a little yucky. Had really poor sleep the other night and tonight isn't looking to good either.

Currently on genetics,haematology, endocrinology...

So much to do but bugger all time.

9 blocks in 13 weeks. I'm going to be flat out, I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    AH HELL.

Am definitely looking forward to going back to clinics

ReputationRep:
    Just started gastro case unit . Soooo much anatomy. but, Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy is amazing. Highly recommend it. Watching telly and learning at the same time? Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I just got back from having my tonsils done and I still feel a little yucky. Had really poor sleep the other night and tonight isn't looking to good either.

Currently on genetics,haematology, endocrinology...

So much to do but bugger all time.

9 blocks in 13 weeks. I'm going to be flat out, I reckon.
    13 weeks and then academic freedom! You can do it! If you passed mocks without a problem you can do the real thing too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    Just started gastro case unit . Soooo much anatomy. but, Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy is amazing. Highly recommend it. Watching telly and learning at the same time? Awesome.
    The Aclands episode of genitalia is sooo good for ensuring a free seat next to you on the train...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    I don't understand this concept of 'revision' or 'getting stuck in'. :emo:
    Tell me about it.

It's such a strange phenomenon, I seem to experience an inverse correlation between work ethic and time to next exam. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by King's. Sulking.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Some would see that as a good thing :p:

:hugs: You'll do great lovey, do you have another offer? I forget

ReputationRep:
    Bummer hope you get one of the other ones!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Tell me about it.

It's such a strange phenomenon, I seem to experience an inverse correlation between work ethic and time to next exam. Bad times.
    :ditto:
    oh hun. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Some would see that as a good thing :p:

:hugs: You'll do great lovey, do you have another offer? I forget
    I do not. I do however have an interview at Barts tomorrow. If it doesn't result in a place I'm seriously contemplating invoicing them the costs of my flights. This intercalating lark is bloody expensive already.

ReputationRep:
    I do not. I do however have an interview at Barts tomorrow. If it doesn't result in a place I'm seriously contemplating invoicing them the costs of my flights. This intercalating lark is bloody expensive already.
    That is a shame. Do you have anymore choices after Barts?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.