Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Awesome. When did you send off your application?
    Sent it on the 25th. Had a dry first 2 weeks but now the offers are rolling in!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting on Bristol too! Sent my PS on the 18th

ReputationRep:
    Got an AAB offer from York today. Has many got from Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yllasjarvi)
    Got an offer from Warwick! A*AAa or A*AAB. Made up as they say on Merseyside!!
    Glad to see a fellow Merseysider applying for Economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    I applied for holloway too, with their Economics Bsc offered at 'AAB' but they offered me AAB o.O

Whats your other applications to?
    Congratulations in the offer! I applied for Economics, Politics and International Relations (BSc) here. It's my 3rd option!

Kings - BSc Politics of the International economy
    SOAS - South Asian Studies and Economics (BA)
    RHUL
    Queen Mary's - Economics and Politics
    City - International political economics!

(Funny how I don't do GovPol or History for A Levels though lol!)
    I love these courses, particularly the ones that focus on the global economy.

How about you?
    Well done and all the best!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritikaaurora)
    Congratulations in the offer! I applied for Economics, Politics and International Relations (BSc) here. It's my 3rd option!

Kings - BSc Politics of the International economy
    SOAS - South Asian Studies and Economics (BA)
    RHUL
    Queen Mary's - Economics and Politics
    City - International political economics!

(Funny how I don't do GovPol or History for A Levels though lol!)
    I love these courses, particularly the ones that focus on the global economy.

How about you?
    Well done and all the best!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your applying for IPE at City aswell, do you know much about it? I literally can't find nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Simply reading books won't improve your chances of getting into any university.
    You can read any economics book and as long as you write about it in the correct manor in your personal statement, it doesn't matter what the book is, your chances will be the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what??

Reading books will improve your application. It gives you a wider perspective of economics, much wider than your curriculum at A level. It will help especially in interviews, not so much on the personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else receive an email from Bristol saying that they're still considering your application? Just received it at 1am strangely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    what??

Reading books will improve your application. It gives you a wider perspective of economics, much wider than your curriculum at A level. It will help especially in interviews, not so much on the personal statement.
    What I meant by my first statement was that just reading books alone won't improve your chances, like you say, you'll have to apply what you read to A level economics, an interview or your personal statement.
    What I meant after that was that it doesn't really matter what books you read (as the person I was replying to asked for books which would improve his chances) as long as you refer to them correctly in your personal statement.

Sorry I should have explained better to start with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstercable)
    Anyone else receive an email from Bristol saying that they're still considering your application? Just received it at 1am strangely

Yeh i just got it. When did you send yours?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this, I've had to advise a few friends to actually apply what they have discovered. I then get told that they have literally only read a chapter and don't have a clue how to apply it ^_^. Otherwise, all books are good.

I was, however, told that admissions tutors are sick of hearing about 'Freakconomics' and The 'Undercover Economist.' :3

Personally, I discussed Mankiw's 'Macroeconomics' (the IS-LM model construction specifically) and NBER papers (finding Friedman's permanent income hypothesis). Application was easy as I used these to discuss my EPQ research.

ReputationRep:
    Since a few people received offers from Bristol last night, I should really check myself. Here goes nothing...

EDIT: Got an offer! It arrived yesterday. Usual A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    Yeh i just got it. When did you send yours?
    I sent mine on the 18th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Since a few people received offers from Bristol last night, I should really check myself. Here goes nothing...

Congratulations! Still waiting on Bristol here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)

That's great, well done! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Just received this information via email regarding my application to UCL:

'I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.'

'I am afraid that if we have not heard from you [regarding Open Day attendance] by the deadline of Friday 22nd November 2013, we shall have to withdraw our intention to make you an offer.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do u know which university is better for economics, Bath or Bristol? Got offers from both and can't decide which one I should go for. And for those applying to Warwick, have u guys received any offers yet? I'm still waiting for Warwick. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)
    Just received this information via email regarding my application to UCL:

'I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.'

'I am afraid that if we have not heard from you [regarding Open Day attendance] by the deadline of Friday 22nd November 2013, we shall have to withdraw our intention to make you an offer.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations, looks like you've got yourself an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Congratulations, looks like you've got yourself an offer
    Thank you.

Yes, I just wanted to give people a heads up of the next stage in the application process as I hadn't seen someone get this email yet - or any response so far from UCL for Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)
    Thank you.

Yes, I just wanted to give people a heads up of the next stage in the application process as I hadn't seen someone get this email yet - or any response so far from UCL for Economics.
    Thanks, and neither have I. You must be one of the first to receive it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.