Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeerkatM)
    did you do it up to the end of the graph?
    I can't remember, what was the question? Were you supposed to do it for the whole graph or up to a certain value?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeerkatM)
    seems too low for an A
    That is far too low for an A it was 50 for an A in January and that exam was harder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyBirkin)
    That is far too low for an A it was 50 for an A in January and that exam was harder...
    This exam wasn't easy, remember all the state school people who aren't too good at physics who did it. Some people at my school looked very confused from the start.

I assume everyone at independent schools is good at physics with all that extra contact time they get.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyBirkin)
    The exam in January is a resit exam because most centres do this exam in June. Therefore, the January exam will be harder for the candidates that choose to resit. Although, this sometimes isn't the case and it may even be easier. But most of the time it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1029384756)
    You talking about the graph? I'm on about the 6marker
    My mistake
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Possibly but I think that's specifically for that mystery liquid. Ball A didn't have an deceleration with oil, so I don't think B should either.
    That's because Ball A goes directly into the oil, it is placed on top with an initial velocity of 0. Ball B enters with a velocity which would likely be greater than its terminal velocity in the oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    Hmmmmm strange!

You could always request your script back to see
    Well I don't know what I've got yet so I can't really comment haha. What do you think around 50-55 will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClarkyC...)
    Well I don't know what I've got yet so I can't really comment haha. What do you think around 50-55 will be?
    A easily

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone posted an unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jones96)
    Has anyone posted an unofficial mark scheme yet?
    Yes, it's on page 80 or you could look at the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebron_23)
    Yes, it's on page 80 or you could look at the OP.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    This exam wasn't easy, remember all the state school people who aren't too good at physics who did it. Some people at my school looked very confused from the start.

I assume everyone at independent schools is good at physics with all that extra contact time they get.....
    That's a pretty big assumption - I go to a state school and i'm not bad at physics, and there's lots of people who are very good too..

ReputationRep:
    for the question asking you to find the work done to stretch the wire, I counted all the large squares to find the area underneath the line , do you think I would get some marks for this?

I know it was stupid of me, when I should've divided the area into triangles of rectangles and added up the areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    for the question asking you to find the work done to stretch the wire, I counted all the large squares to find the area underneath the line , do you think I would get some marks for this?

I know it was stupid of me, when I should've divided the area into triangles of rectangles and added up the areas
    i done it the AQA way, where by they count the whole number of sqaures seperately, and then all other partial squares as ONE varying from 3/4 of a square to 1/16 of a square as long as it shows a part of a square you add it as one, then you add up all the partial squares and divide by 2 giving you an approx value for whole squares, add that to your original no. of squares and times that by area of one square.

just like in question 4)e)i) january 2012 paper, take a look at the mark scheme and look how they did ithttp://www.tomred.org/uploads/7/7/8/...s_jan_2012.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jones96)
    thanks
    No problem good sir.

ReputationRep:
    So whose got m1 and m2 on monday?

ReputationRep:
    Go back and read the question, it tells you it is transverse and it told you it was a SEISMIC wave.

It didn't tell you it was a secondary seismic wave (s wave) so that would have been what the question was asking for.
    Which question r u on about, mate. Their was a question on polarisation.

ReputationRep:
    has no one got a copy of the paper yet?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 39 anyone know how many UMS that will be?

ReputationRep:
    So will the grade boundaries be lower than jan 2013c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aarongreatbanks)
    So will the grade boundaries be lower than jan 2013c
    i think so

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.